Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland 10:59 - Oct 6 with 597 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see he is doing well out there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:23 - Oct 6 with 539 viewsBlueStreak

I was at his home debut over in Dublin a few weeks back and he was dreadful. Kept giving the ball away smashing it out of play and having to make last ditch tackles after a poor touch. This was against a team that had Brian Murphy in goal , Greg Halford at CB and Anthony Wordsworth in CM.

He then somehow got MOTM in the game, all very odd.
Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:24 - Oct 6 with 535 viewshomer_123

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:23 - Oct 6 by BlueStreak

I was at his home debut over in Dublin a few weeks back and he was dreadful. Kept giving the ball away smashing it out of play and having to make last ditch tackles after a poor touch. This was against a team that had Brian Murphy in goal , Greg Halford at CB and Anthony Wordsworth in CM.

He then somehow got MOTM in the game, all very odd.

Having watched him play quite a bit - I always thought there was a real play in there but I always thought his concentration and focus let him down.

Technically, very very capable.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:29 - Oct 6 with 506 viewsBlueStreak

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:24 - Oct 6 by homer_123

Having watched him play quite a bit - I always thought there was a real play in there but I always thought his concentration and focus let him down.

I think that is a fair assessment, was definitely the case in the game I watched recently. Had loads of time, tried to over complicate / was too relaxed and kept giving the ball away.
Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:31 - Oct 6 with 493 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:24 - Oct 6 by homer_123

There was lots of talk of an attitude problem, but I never saw one, bar the normal young kid stuff.

Was that an issue from what you saw of him?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:34 - Oct 6 with 474 viewshomer_123

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:31 - Oct 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

There was lots of talk of an attitude problem, but I never saw one, bar the normal young kid stuff.

Was that an issue from what you saw of him?

No, not really at all - more that I could see his focus and concentration drop during matches, which then affects decision making etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:52 - Oct 6 with 418 viewsBlueStreak

Barry Cotter nominated for POTM in Ireland on 11:34 - Oct 6 by homer_123

No, not really at all - more that I could see his focus and concentration drop during matches, which then affects decision making etc.

There was a great photo of him tweeted by Shamrock after that game of him flying into a tackle with a comment around a great performance form our new man.

However, i remember that exact moment and the only reason why he made that tackle was because he lost complete concentration whilst in possession and he had to fly in to make a last ditch tackle to get himself out of trouble haha.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024