Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. 21:21 - Nov 23 with 763 viewsN2_Blue

I posted at the weekend that I think that its time for Cook to go and was heavily down voted.

I wasn't completely surprised because the performance against Sunderland was good, however I was basing this on Pool Cooks tenure up to this point, how far we were off the playoffs and that I don't think the recent improvement is as good as most fans think.

Do fans really think we are still improving. What am I missing because this season is dying before our eyes? A competent manager could maybe perform a miracle but it certainly won't happen with Cook.

If we don't change anything the season is done before Xmas.

This is worse than the 2-0 loss to Rotherham on a Tuesday night under Lambert two seasons ago.

Supporting our club is so continually depressing, even when we finally feel its coming good. We're no better than we were under Lambert. Maybe more entertaining but no better off.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:25 - Nov 23 with 706 viewsFightingEssex

Sunderland were terrible and we lost because we had 1 game plan with nothing to offer up top. Today Rotherham have shown us we aren't the Championship side in waiting the EADT have claimed us to be, and instead a heavily disjointed side without a manager or coaching team able to get the basics right. I hate changing managers all of the time, and he should at least be allowed to fail before we get shot of him, but there is no way on earth this squad is getting us promoted this season.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:26 - Nov 23 with 693 viewsgtsb1966

Looking at the next two months fixtures by gtsb1966 30 Oct 2021 16:56
I'll put my neck on the block and say we'll have a new manager for the January transfer window. Cook's stubbornness not to change things along with the inability of his coaching staff to sort out the defence means this won't change. There are no excuses anymore and it's just not good enough.

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:28 - Nov 23 with 636 viewsWicklowBlue

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:25 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

Sunderland were terrible and we lost because we had 1 game plan with nothing to offer up top. Today Rotherham have shown us we aren't the Championship side in waiting the EADT have claimed us to be, and instead a heavily disjointed side without a manager or coaching team able to get the basics right. I hate changing managers all of the time, and he should at least be allowed to fail before we get shot of him, but there is no way on earth this squad is getting us promoted this season.

Unfortunately I am starting to feel that Cook has failed, and the lack of game plan and belief is feeding into the players.
I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:30 - Nov 23 with 581 viewsHighgateBlue

We must waste no more time on this Paul Cook. No more time.
I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:30 - Nov 23 with 568 viewsN2_Blue

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:25 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

I think he has failed.

He had a shot at the playoffs last season and we didn't get close. I could forgive that though.

As we approach December we find ourselves in or around 15th in L1. That is failure for me as this season is effectively over barring a miracle now

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:31 - Nov 23 with 515 viewsTractorWood

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:28 - Nov 23 by WicklowBlue

Unfortunately I am starting to feel that Cook has failed, and the lack of game plan and belief is feeding into the players.

Saturday was the first time I aired it on here that he needs to go. Tonight absolutely confirms it in my book. A handful more games and this season will be a lost cause.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:32 - Nov 23 with 485 viewsSwansea_Blue

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:26 - Nov 23 by gtsb1966

Looking at the next two months fixtures by gtsb1966 30 Oct 2021 16:56
I'll put my neck on the block and say we'll have a new manager for the January transfer window. Cook's stubbornness not to change things along with the inability of his coaching staff to sort out the defence means this won't change. There are no excuses anymore and it's just not good enough.

If we were going to do it, that would be the sensible time. Depends on the next few games maybe? I still think they will be very reluctant to make a change, but we're in uncharted territory with this lot. Everything they've said urges patience, but we don't know where their limit is. 14th almost mid season surely must test their resolve?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:35 - Nov 23 with 417 viewsFightingEssex

I thought Cook should go last week....I certainly think it's time now. on 21:30 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

I think he has failed.

He had a shot at the playoffs last season and we didn't get close. I could forgive that though.

As we approach December we find ourselves in or around 15th in L1. That is failure for me as this season is effectively over barring a miracle now

I mean I agree, right now he's on course to be our worse ever manager. No Town manager has ever done so badly at this level of football have they? Given that he had an entire new structure appointed to support him and was given a free rain to do whatever he wanted with the squad, which wasn't a wise move from the people at the top to allow it as much as it was Cook's to act as demolition man but he was given that chance. He's just dug a deep hole for himself by doing it that way.

Login to get fewer ads

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:35 - Nov 23 with 416 viewsN2_Blue

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:32 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

If we were going to do it, that would be the sensible time. Depends on the next few games maybe? I still think they will be very reluctant to make a change, but we're in uncharted territory with this lot. Everything they've said urges patience, but we don't know where their limit is. 14th almost mid season surely must test their resolve?

I would do it now because, we should be able to beat Crewe with or without a manager before a busy run of games.

They should have a list of names and have been making contingency plans based on how things have been going.

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:39 - Nov 23 with 356 viewsFightingEssex

I still think I could be right....for once on 21:35 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

I would do it now because, we should be able to beat Crewe with or without a manager before a busy run of games.

They should have a list of names and have been making contingency plans based on how things have been going.

Is Gill available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024