Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 09:11 - Dec 2 with 739 viewsWickets

Not having played much since his injury i thought he had a decent first half was ok for up to an hour or so then seemed to run out of steam . Not a surprise i suppose but what was surprising is that PC kept him on for the full 90 i think !
Tom Carroll on 09:17 - Dec 2 with 712 viewshomer_123

He's a quality player - just so damn injury prone.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tom Carroll on 09:21 - Dec 2 with 696 viewsclive_baker

I didn't watch last night but he's a classy player, uses the ball well and has good technique. The issue he has in our system is I don't see where he plays as he's not the partner to Morsy that we need. If Evans is to drop out I think Harper or El Miz make more sense with the energy they bring.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Dec 2 with 653 viewsWickets

Tom Carroll on 09:21 - Dec 2 by clive_baker

I didn't watch last night but he's a classy player, uses the ball well and has good technique. The issue he has in our system is I don't see where he plays as he's not the partner to Morsy that we need. If Evans is to drop out I think Harper or El Miz make more sense with the energy they bring.

My main worry was that Cookie did not seem to notice he was at risk of further injury as he was clearly running on empty for the last 20 minutes . El Mis was great last night .
Tom Carroll on 09:32 - Dec 2 with 624 viewsclive_baker

Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Dec 2 by Wickets

My main worry was that Cookie did not seem to notice he was at risk of further injury as he was clearly running on empty for the last 20 minutes . El Mis was great last night .

That's good to hear re. El Miz. I do like him, he's energetic and busy, not afraid to put a foot in but has the quality on the ball too. I think that's infectious to those around him, and it's vital at this level. He and Dobra were often spoken about like some double headed beast, but it's El Miz I think has more about him by way of ability to influence a game at our level. Wouldn't be averse to seeing him alongside Morsy at Charlton in the middle, I think that could work. With Chaplin ahead of them you have a bit of everything there and certainly have energy.

Tom Carroll on 09:58 - Dec 2 with 577 viewsHerbivore

Tom Carroll on 09:32 - Dec 2 by clive_baker

That's good to hear re. El Miz. I do like him, he's energetic and busy, not afraid to put a foot in but has the quality on the ball too. I think that's infectious to those around him, and it's vital at this level. He and Dobra were often spoken about like some double headed beast, but it's El Miz I think has more about him by way of ability to influence a game at our level. Wouldn't be averse to seeing him alongside Morsy at Charlton in the middle, I think that could work. With Chaplin ahead of them you have a bit of everything there and certainly have energy.

Though he's not played all that much El Miz has arguably looked the most suited to playing alongside Morsy. Evans just doesn't do enough. He can pick a nice pass occasionally but players just go past him at times and he gives away lots of stupid free kicks. He can't really carry the ball either to break the line and get us on the front foot. I'm not really sure what more El Miz can do to earn a run next to Morsy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Carroll on 10:04 - Dec 2 with 557 viewsclive_baker

Tom Carroll on 09:58 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

Though he's not played all that much El Miz has arguably looked the most suited to playing alongside Morsy. Evans just doesn't do enough. He can pick a nice pass occasionally but players just go past him at times and he gives away lots of stupid free kicks. He can't really carry the ball either to break the line and get us on the front foot. I'm not really sure what more El Miz can do to earn a run next to Morsy.

I would agree with that, I think Evans and Morsy are a little too similar in some respects. They're both bring physicality, and if Morsy was out I would have confidence in Evans stepping into that deeper role, he's a bit of a sh1thouse too and has a nice range of passing.

But in terms of mobility and energy I think El Miz could bring that and sustain that throughout games, with Morsy the anchor and protecting the back 4. We seem a little lethargic with Morsy & Evans together, and Fraser isn't the answer. It's Harper or El Miz IMO.

Tom Carroll on 10:21 - Dec 2 with 528 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Carroll on 09:17 - Dec 2 by homer_123

He's struggled with hip issues for years. I'm not sure if related and or just the one, but hip problems are always given as the reason for him being out. You'd think we'd know this when we considered signing him. I hope not, but he could end up another Emyr Hughes for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Carroll on 10:23 - Dec 2 with 522 viewsDeano69

Tom Carroll on 09:17 - Dec 2 by homer_123

Fit and in form, him alongside Morsy would be fantastic.

Regrettably, he is clearly injury prone, I suspect were he not, he wouldn't be with us.

Classy player though

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 10:24 - Dec 2 with 509 viewsHerbivore

Tom Carroll on 10:21 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

He's struggled with hip issues for years. I'm not sure if related and or just the one, but hip problems are always given as the reason for him being out. You'd think we'd know this when we considered signing him. I hope not, but he could end up another Emyr Hughes for us.

I imagine that's why we only gave him a year. Huws was on a 3 or 4 year deal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Carroll on 11:27 - Dec 2 with 451 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Carroll on 10:24 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

I imagine that's why we only gave him a year. Huws was on a 3 or 4 year deal.

Ah, that makes sense.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024