Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine the drama queens resulted in us 10:51 - Dec 6 with 689 views_sanctimoanious_

appointing Aidy Boothroyd. Yikes 😬
Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:05 - Dec 6 with 649 viewsWeWereZombies

I remember sitting in Churchmans, maybe 2006, watching Town getting utterly outwitted by Boothroyd's Watford (and a very disgruntled Suffolk boy sitting behind me grumbling about how 'we should be beating these midgets'.) Boothroyd seems to have lost his way a bit in club management since then but all that time coaching young England sides cannot have gone to waste. He must have a more up to date view on tactics than some of the candidates mentioned as well as valuable insight into up and coming domestic football talent. Might be a wise choice in the post-Brexit climate.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:09 - Dec 6 with 635 viewsBlueBadger

No need to worry there. Me and Joe have already blackballed him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:12 - Dec 6 with 623 views_sanctimoanious_

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:05 - Dec 6 by WeWereZombies

I remember sitting in Churchmans, maybe 2006, watching Town getting utterly outwitted by Boothroyd's Watford (and a very disgruntled Suffolk boy sitting behind me grumbling about how 'we should be beating these midgets'.) Boothroyd seems to have lost his way a bit in club management since then but all that time coaching young England sides cannot have gone to waste. He must have a more up to date view on tactics than some of the candidates mentioned as well as valuable insight into up and coming domestic football talent. Might be a wise choice in the post-Brexit climate.

I was there. Outwitted? Totally bullied and bombarded maybe. Horrible direct and physical football. Urgh.
Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:16 - Dec 6 with 600 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:05 - Dec 6 by WeWereZombies

I'm not sure you followed Boothroyd's England u21 teams fall from grace and their performance in the last two tournament's? You really wouldn't be saying anything of the sort.

Would be great if Phil introduced a new filter which removes any posts mentioning manager records from the noughties?
Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:44 - Dec 6 with 558 viewsWeWereZombies

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:16 - Dec 6 by WilbrahamBlue

I'm not sure you followed Boothroyd's England u21 teams fall from grace and their performance in the last two tournament's? You really wouldn't be saying anything of the sort.

Would be great if Phil introduced a new filter which removes any posts mentioning manager records from the noughties?

You are spot on with outing me as not being a follower of England U21 games, I apologise for that. As far as manager records from ten or twenty years ago I think you are wrong though - you seem to be suggesting that managers who were successful in their first years of management and then got worked out by other managers cannot go away and have a rethink before coming back to game older and wiser.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:44 - Dec 6 with 561 viewswkj

I really don't think the fanbase had a whole lot to do with Cook's departure. Ashton and the club management did say they were going to be constructively impatient for success. Had Cook been 6th+ and we were booing him off the pitch every week for not being top 2, then yes- but as fans we were very supportive of Cook (almost to a fault).

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 12:11 - Dec 6 with 524 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 11:44 - Dec 6 by wkj

I really don't think the fanbase had a whole lot to do with Cook's departure. Ashton and the club management did say they were going to be constructively impatient for success. Had Cook been 6th+ and we were booing him off the pitch every week for not being top 2, then yes- but as fans we were very supportive of Cook (almost to a fault).

As with Lambert and Keane, he was if anything, TOO well supported. Thankfully, we now appear to have considerably more savvy owners.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 12:26 - Dec 6 with 480 viewsDubtractor

Imagine if people talking on the Internet had no impact at all on Cook's sacking, but we end up with a decent manager anyway.

Crumbs.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 13:31 - Dec 6 with 429 views_sanctimoanious_

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 12:26 - Dec 6 by Dubtractor

Imagine if people talking on the Internet had no impact at all on Cook's sacking, but we end up with a decent manager anyway.

Crumbs.

Wow - you would seriously be happy with Boothroyd? Crikey
Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 13:36 - Dec 6 with 411 viewsDubtractor

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 13:31 - Dec 6 by _sanctimoanious_

Wow - you would seriously be happy with Boothroyd? Crikey

Where have I said that?

I'm just creating an alternative to your entirely made up doomsday scenario.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 13:48 - Dec 6 with 388 views_sanctimoanious_

Imagine the drama queens resulted in us on 13:36 - Dec 6 by Dubtractor

Where have I said that?

I'm just creating an alternative to your entirely made up doomsday scenario.

Ah yes apologies. Thanks for alternative, has helped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024