Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? 20:06 - May 14 with 1440 viewsArnieM

Would you be happy if he was our primary target ?

Clearly that should have been Hirst !!
[Post edited 14 May 2022 20:09]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 20:08 - May 14 with 1394 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Too early to tell or to care.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 20:09 - May 14 with 1383 viewsCoastalblue

Hirst please, we've had enough Hursts to last us a very long time.

I trust the Manager, I'm sure he knows what he wants, but on the face of it he could be a really good signing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 21:01 - May 14 with 1239 viewsNthQldITFC

I'll never forget old Warky laying down to stop George Hirst's papa getting past him for Wednesday. Was a quality improvised tackle by the (by then) much slower Warky if I remember it correctly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 21:17 - May 14 with 1174 viewsArnieM

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 21:01 - May 14 by NthQldITFC

I'll never forget old Warky laying down to stop George Hirst's papa getting past him for Wednesday. Was a quality improvised tackle by the (by then) much slower Warky if I remember it correctly.

I remember him being a pain in the proverbial all night when we played Sheffield Weds… he may have scored against us couldn’t recall now. But he went down injured when we had the ball and we’re close to scoring it something like that … loads of injury time , which as a kid I thought he was just time wasting … I was yelling at him “ cheat”… but he came off and walked slowly down the touch line . I was still yelling “ yer cheat”. I shall never forget his face as he past me ( for some reason I was in the lower Pioneer Stand near the players entrance as he walked past me ) ….. he never played again poor sod. Helluva striker tbh , but had drink demons I learned years later, and had been struggling with injuries . His game against us was one of his last attempts to get bank in the game I believe …. All a bit sad now when I look back on it .

On that note , I saw today that John Deehan has advanced Alzheimer’s. Very sad story by his wife in the EDP today … he was diagnosed at just 58yrs of age. Now he has to be monitored 24hrs a day .
A bast ard of an illness!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:43 - May 14 with 946 viewsdavblue

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 21:17 - May 14 by ArnieM

I remember him being a pain in the proverbial all night when we played Sheffield Weds… he may have scored against us couldn’t recall now. But he went down injured when we had the ball and we’re close to scoring it something like that … loads of injury time , which as a kid I thought he was just time wasting … I was yelling at him “ cheat”… but he came off and walked slowly down the touch line . I was still yelling “ yer cheat”. I shall never forget his face as he past me ( for some reason I was in the lower Pioneer Stand near the players entrance as he walked past me ) ….. he never played again poor sod. Helluva striker tbh , but had drink demons I learned years later, and had been struggling with injuries . His game against us was one of his last attempts to get bank in the game I believe …. All a bit sad now when I look back on it .

On that note , I saw today that John Deehan has advanced Alzheimer’s. Very sad story by his wife in the EDP today … he was diagnosed at just 58yrs of age. Now he has to be monitored 24hrs a day .
A bast ard of an illness!

Fergie was after him for United, so he must have been handy, I can’t really recall him as a player I was a bit young but remember the name.
So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:48 - May 14 with 936 viewsCoastalblue

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:43 - May 14 by davblue

Fergie was after him for United, so he must have been handy, I can’t really recall him as a player I was a bit young but remember the name.

He was a really good player, am I right in remembering he was a bit of an Ian Marshall in that he could play centre half as well?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:51 - May 14 with 915 viewsSTYG

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:48 - May 14 by Coastalblue

He was a really good player, am I right in remembering he was a bit of an Ian Marshall in that he could play centre half as well?

That was Warhurst.
So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:57 - May 14 with 881 viewsCoastalblue

So how near the top of McKenna’s striker list is Hurst? on 22:51 - May 14 by STYG

That was Warhurst.

Yep, you're right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024