Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. 18:31 - Aug 13 with 1250 viewsjasondozzell

What a brilliant, brilliant performance.

Thoughts:

- Thought it would be a slow game, that the heat would mean a more controlled tempo. Nothing of sort! If anything we were even more committed and energetic.

- 5 sub rule perfect timing for us. I'm no fan of it as it favours bigger clubs with stronger squads but that's us in this league. I think KMac's 3 or 4 changes to forward line around 70 mins will become something of a fixture this season. You sense that that's prearranged so the 4 today ran themselves into ground before JJ, Aluko, Jackson and Edwards came on. That's quite an impressive line up of forward replacements. Teams won't be able to live with us. Pace to exploit tired legs and guile in Aluko.

- Evans and Morsy superb. The running and the hard work they both get through. Corners aside, Evans excellent. Always available. Switches play superbly. Morsy - simply too good for this league. And love how many shots he got off.

- Morsy never lets up. He's constantly onto our players, doesn't let anyone get complacent. Enjoyed it when he sarcastically offered MK player his shirt when pulled back. We have needed a bit of a devil for a while.

- Should add that Donacien is so good and so consistent. Brilliant going forward. Link up with Burns and Chaplin a joy to watch.

- McKenna hasn't panicked. Confident in his methods. Days of desperate last minute loans etc are over.

- MK are a good side. They looked dangerous in first 30 but once they missed the equaliser we took them apart.

- I think we will win the league.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 18:49]
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:45 - Aug 13 with 1157 viewsHipsterectomy

Evans looks a completely different player. From his awkward arguments with Cook on the touchline last season as he was being criticised for everything when there was nobody to pass to, to one of our key players

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:51 - Aug 13 with 1113 viewsjasondozzell

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:45 - Aug 13 by Hipsterectomy

Evans looks a completely different player. From his awkward arguments with Cook on the touchline last season as he was being criticised for everything when there was nobody to pass to, to one of our key players

Yes. Has just worked hard to get back from injury and clearly has desire to prove himself. He might not catch the eye as much as Morsy but he really pulled the strings today. They complement each other so well.
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:51 - Aug 13 with 1106 viewsGogs

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:45 - Aug 13 by Hipsterectomy

Agree. But get someone else on corners, they were shocking
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:53 - Aug 13 with 1090 viewshomer_123

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:51 - Aug 13 by Gogs

Agree. But get someone else on corners, they were shocking

The ironic cheers for the corner to Davis made me chuckle.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Donaciens run to break into the box for the third… miles ahead of 3 MK players on 18:54 - Aug 13 with 1071 viewsunstableblue

… just summed us up today

Desire and fitness to just want the game more
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 18:56]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 20:56 - Aug 13 with 900 viewssolemio

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 18:51 - Aug 13 by jasondozzell

Yes. Has just worked hard to get back from injury and clearly has desire to prove himself. He might not catch the eye as much as Morsy but he really pulled the strings today. They complement each other so well.

May I respectfully compliment you on your correct use of 'complement'. So often wrongly used.
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 21:50 - Aug 13 with 791 viewsjasondozzell

Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 20:56 - Aug 13 by solemio

May I respectfully compliment you on your correct use of 'complement'. So often wrongly used.

Cheers!
Relentless running, pressing and movement in the heat. on 22:18 - Aug 13 with 669 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I thought MK look a pale shadow of last season. They will be nowhere near the top 6

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024