Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
football pitch forker from the 90's.... 22:14 - Oct 11 with 1024 viewsAlan_Handsome

When I was taken to PR as a child, in the early 90's I remember at EVERY home match there was a man who would walk around the pitch at half time forking any divots in the turf. Denim trousers. Long hair. Leather jacket. Rocker. The personification of cool.

Bring back the pitch-forkers.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:23 - Oct 11 with 963 viewsDefender110

I dont fit that description, but I did fork the pitch in the early 1990's. Fantastic job that gained me free entry. I do remember an incident with Brighton fans where one of the fellow "forkers" flapped his arms at them like a bird, following some personal abuse aimed at him, and we all got a telling off by the old bill. Happy days.
football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:25 - Oct 11 with 958 viewsgtsb1966

I remember the half time girls walking round the perimeter of the pitch in their hot pants and rubettes style hats selling refreshments in tne 70's. You can imagine the treatment they got as they walked past the North Stand which in those days housed both home and away fans.
football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:25 - Oct 11 with 963 viewsIllinoisblue

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:23 - Oct 11 by Defender110

I dont fit that description, but I did fork the pitch in the early 1990's. Fantastic job that gained me free entry. I do remember an incident with Brighton fans where one of the fellow "forkers" flapped his arms at them like a bird, following some personal abuse aimed at him, and we all got a telling off by the old bill. Happy days.

I was briefly a half time forker, would have been sometime around 88 or 89. I was lured in by getting in for free. Quickly turned off by having to work and generally feeling like a bit of a tw@t lumbering around on the pitch replacing divots

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:27 - Oct 11 with 954 viewsPhilTWTD

I remember the Glam Rock Pitch Stomper, as he was known. One of my friends and a stalwart TWTD seller knew him.
You mean Heavy Metal Heaven? on 22:34 - Oct 11 with 906 viewsMenton

He was a fixture for many years.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 07:18 - Oct 12 with 679 viewsITFC_Forever

I know the guy who used to do it with him.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 07:38 - Oct 12 with 633 viewsbackwaywhen

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:25 - Oct 11 by gtsb1966

I remember the half time girls walking round the perimeter of the pitch in their hot pants and rubettes style hats selling refreshments in tne 70's. You can imagine the treatment they got as they walked past the North Stand which in those days housed both home and away fans.

Get your tats out for the lads …..🎶
football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 09:17 - Oct 12 with 548 viewsrgp1

football pitch forker from the 90's.... on 22:23 - Oct 11 by Defender110

I walked the pitch between 88 and about 1994. We used to report to groundsman Winston Chapmans office under Churchmans before kick off. I remember playing Swindon in the premier league and one of the walkers at half time found a pair of scissors lying in the goalmouth!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024