Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn; criminals 08:07 - Aug 28 with 911 viewschicoazul

If you steal something there is a 96% chance you will get away with it. That’s good isn’t it? Crack on!

Every theft must be investigated, home secretary tells police https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66636347

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Attn; criminals on 09:08 - Aug 28 with 802 viewsChurchman

Investigated with what? You can’t swing the axe at a public service, see demands on it increasing not least due to things like cyber crime, make their job harder with an inadequate justice system (also financially massacred by the govt) and then come out with all thefts must be investigated. It’s just early electioneering.

My chum who worked for the NCA was told ‘serious crime is not a government priority’ and his team has since been all but disbanded through cuts. They were bringing in millions seizing assets from criminals through unpaid tax.

That’s what govt policy is. Years ago, tax inspectors were told to treat all ‘customers’ as honest. The axe followed, headcount reduced. That’s their priority. Headcount. Nothing else. They’ll then tell the public next year of their achievement in getting rid of the ‘dead hand’ while taxes go unpaid, borders go unmanned, criminals fill their boots.

Still when you live in a mansion with gated security on your properties and shop at Fortnums, you are not bothered are you.
Attn; criminals on 09:33 - Aug 28 with 732 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

It’s probably important to understand the burden proof that is required to get any person charged with a criminal offence. If there is no real prospect of a conviction then what is the point of ‘investigating’ pointless enquiries that won’t achieve anything… an example being a shop theft with CCTV or independent witnesses has almost no chance of identifying a suspect.. particularly when there are a million other things police are expected to do.

Also the ‘public interest’ test is used and I remember a sergeant years ago telling me that for a case to go to magistrates court, costs start from £5k (not sure on current figures or whether that is accurate, but I would say that is about right still)
Would the public expect that money to be spent on low level theft of say goods of £20 when there is a huge backlog at the courts where serious offences are not being heard at court for 2+ years. It’s a brutal but unfortunately necessary approach when resources across the whole criminal justice.

.. or you could read a story about policing and just trot out the anti police rhetoric as confirmation bias?
Attn; criminals on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 525 viewsHARRY10

Thanks to rightie policies, we have

"In July, figures showed that a record number of police officers are quitting - almost 9,200 officers left the police service in the year to March."

And every theft WELL NOT be investigated. Only those reported.

Shoplifting is now pretty much commonplace. In part, thanks to the lunatic idea of having self service checkouts, which are easy to bypass. With reduced staff number shoppers are just entering and walking out with stuff.

Few weeks aga I watched security guard wrestle with a shoplifter on the street. The intention was not to detain him, but to reclaim the goods. He was a known drug user and it appeared had been flagged up when he entered the shop.

Removing customer service might appeal to numpties, whereby getting a drink in a pub can be a complicated ordeal as opposed to just buying it at the bar.

The danger for shops is that as word spreads about how to 'get away with it, and how unlikely you are to be caught now, the amount of 'shrinkage' will increase.

Braverman has never struck me as having much in the way of common-sense. All this latest idiocy will mean is you raise people's expectations. The local copper will investigate plants stolen from outside your house overnight, really ?

Braverman, like Sunak, is promising to deal with problems that have been caused by her own government. If the Prime Miniature is able to lower inflation, then why not the ability to stop it increasing in the first place ?

Maybe if you paid people properly, valued what they do instead of constantly denigrating them, you would not have got the country into such a mess in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024