Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not often that I feel sympathy for opposition fans… 07:59 - Sep 27 with 1604 viewsMattinLondon

…especially if they are in the Premier League. But these guys obviously know their stuff and they do give Ipswich some credit. It’s 95% focused on Wolves but I still found their afterthoughts quite interesting.

Not often that I feel sympathy for opposition fans… on 08:26 - Sep 27 with 1373 viewsFtnfwest

The striking thing to me is how much of a polar opposite they are to us at the moment in terms of what basically is the approach to recruitment. Here, incoming players are assessed as to whether they will fit in, have the right mindset etc and all that has transferred to the supporters and everyone inside/outside the club. You just get the feeling they are symptomatic of particularly lower half premier league clubs with a pretty high turnover and limited time to get things right, who grab at the nearest 'quality player' and expect to be able to turn up and beat 'lower' opposition.
Not often that I feel sympathy for opposition fans… on 08:32 - Sep 27 with 1314 viewsGuthrum

Time and again the fans of defeated opponents complain about how poor their own players/manager/tactics have been.

Perhaps it's really what we're doing to them?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Not often that I feel sympathy for opposition fans… on 08:57 - Sep 27 with 1133 viewsGeoffSentence

I think they oversold their 'capitulation'.

The first twenty minutes Wolves were completely on top, after that it as much closer than they made out, but, and it's amazing that I am saying this about a championship reserve team playing against a PL club, we had some real quality in front of goal tonight.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024