Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done tonight, big question 02:11 - Sep 27 with 1285 viewsquirkie

Can McKenna keep this squad happy?

We have quality in depth and every single player will want to play every game they can. I would hate to see players get unhappy because they aren't getting picked regularly. Cup games are a diversion so can McKenna keep the squad ticking along throughout this season?

I suspect a really good League cup run will help a bit and a decent cup run in the FA Cup too in January will help. Heck how times have changed but players will want league action.

We have a squad that looks Premier League ready to me, and a decent side that would do well too. Keeping everyone happy and on the right path is one heck of a challenge though.

Exciting times.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Well done tonight, big question on 03:07 - Sep 27 with 1227 viewsIllinoisblue

Bigger question: who did fist pumps in absence of Clarke?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well done tonight, big question on 08:45 - Sep 27 with 992 viewsLion

Answer: Yes he can, we're all aboard with K McKenna, he knows EXACTLY what we need...
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 13:42]

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Well done tonight, big question on 08:47 - Sep 27 with 982 viewsTractorCam

Well done tonight, big question on 03:07 - Sep 27 by Illinoisblue

Bigger question: who did fist pumps in absence of Clarke?

Luckily nobody, Ipswich got the speakers blasting Voulez-Vous and Don't stop me now to get us all singing that instead of encouraging a fist pump from a player not on the pitch.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Well done tonight, big question on 08:47 - Sep 27 with 979 viewsWickets

Might be even stronger after the next couple of transfer windows !
Well done tonight, big question on 08:50 - Sep 27 with 959 viewsWickets

Premier league ready not yet we have a decent Championship squad that is playing out of their skins at the moment .
Well done tonight, big question on 08:50 - Sep 27 with 955 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

They seem happy. It's drummed into them that it's about the squad not the first team, and they all need to be ready to play a role.

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't have a squad that's Premier League ready.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Well done tonight, big question on 09:01 - Sep 27 with 929 viewsgordon

Think it's Ball, Jackson, Harness, Donacien, Edmundson and Evans who are in their prime age-wise but not likely to get that much gametime - even so they're all just a couple of injuries away from having a really important role in a potentially brilliant season, working with a manager who they probably think really highly of, with a great group of players.

If I were them, I'd probably aim to give it everything this season for Ipswich when called upon, then look to move on next summer, assuming the team continues to get stronger, and they aren't going to get closer to the first team.
Well done tonight, big question on 09:01 - Sep 27 with 931 viewsBigCommon

You will probably notice that the sort of characters that arent 100% on board with KM, are no longer here.. And part of the reason for our "slowish" recruitment, is exactly this reason..

As much as its a managers job to man manage individuals. You can't be risking the whole dressing room harmony to do so, for one player... If they are not happy here, in a successful environment, when everything is going right. Then it will be for purely selfish reasons, imo..

"Yeah..get rid of it"
Login to get fewer ads

Well done tonight, big question on 09:20 - Sep 27 with 855 viewsZx1988

Well done tonight, big question on 09:01 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

You will probably notice that the sort of characters that arent 100% on board with KM, are no longer here.. And part of the reason for our "slowish" recruitment, is exactly this reason..

As much as its a managers job to man manage individuals. You can't be risking the whole dressing room harmony to do so, for one player... If they are not happy here, in a successful environment, when everything is going right. Then it will be for purely selfish reasons, imo..

"Yeah..get rid of it"

Has the dressing room been distressed?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Well done tonight, big question on 09:22 - Sep 27 with 836 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Morale isn't usually a problem with teams that have a P26 W 23 D2 L1 record.

If he does find it difficult, the biggest problem will be that there won't be many Managers he can turn to for advice.

KMcK: "Hello, is that Mick?"
MMcC: "Ey, up, aye, 'tis, n'all."
KMcK: "Ah, good. It's Kieran McKenna here, Mick."
MMcC: "Oh right. Good result against Wolves, Kieran. Glad you ruined their fans' night. I hate them. Mind you, I hate the Ipswich fans too..."
KMcK: "Right. Well, anyway, Mick, I have a wee problem with a couple of the lads. You know how it is when you've won 23 out of 26 and there's some of the squad can't make their way into the team? How do you motivate them and keep them on board?"
MMcC: "Are you taking the p1ss?"
KMcK: "Not at all Mick, and I was also interested in your thoughts on what to do when you go 1-nil up inside 20 minutes. Do you tell the lads to press for two more before Half Time, or conserve energy and just look for another one? You know, I would like to be 3 up at Half Time, but not at the cost of the second half press, and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, don't you?"
MMcC: *click* *burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
KMcK: "Mick? Hello! Mick? Ah, he must've lost reception!"
Well done tonight, big question on 09:25 - Sep 27 with 825 viewsCityBlue

With a team that uses the gegenpress to great effect we will no doubt have plenty of tired legs that need the rest periods through the winter. The conundrum facing McK is Burns or Hutchinson.

I T I D

Well done tonight, big question on 09:29 - Sep 27 with 806 viewsKeno

Well done tonight, big question on 09:22 - Sep 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

Morale isn't usually a problem with teams that have a P26 W 23 D2 L1 record.

If he does find it difficult, the biggest problem will be that there won't be many Managers he can turn to for advice.

KMcK: "Hello, is that Mick?"
MMcC: "Ey, up, aye, 'tis, n'all."
KMcK: "Ah, good. It's Kieran McKenna here, Mick."
MMcC: "Oh right. Good result against Wolves, Kieran. Glad you ruined their fans' night. I hate them. Mind you, I hate the Ipswich fans too..."
KMcK: "Right. Well, anyway, Mick, I have a wee problem with a couple of the lads. You know how it is when you've won 23 out of 26 and there's some of the squad can't make their way into the team? How do you motivate them and keep them on board?"
MMcC: "Are you taking the p1ss?"
KMcK: "Not at all Mick, and I was also interested in your thoughts on what to do when you go 1-nil up inside 20 minutes. Do you tell the lads to press for two more before Half Time, or conserve energy and just look for another one? You know, I would like to be 3 up at Half Time, but not at the cost of the second half press, and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, don't you?"
MMcC: *click* *burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
KMcK: "Mick? Hello! Mick? Ah, he must've lost reception!"

Maybe he could ask Keane for advise

KMcK: "Hello, is that Roy?"
RK "F4ck off"
KMcK "Hi Roy just wanted to see if you fancied popping down to PR to look at how things are going
RK "F4ck off"

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024