Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad cricket news 21:12 - Feb 17 with 952 viewsgainsboroughblue

He was a bit before my time really but have seen plenty of reels of him and was an outstanding player with bat and ball. Would've been an all-time test great all rounder and talked about in the terms of Kapil, Botham, Imran etc had it not been for SA's ban. Had a great career with Gloucs too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/68292770

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sad cricket news on 21:15 - Feb 17 with 901 viewsCoastalblue

Again a little before my time but quite a player and anybody who plays in 7 Tests and is on the winning side against Oz in 6 of them is alright by me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Sad cricket news on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 727 viewsFtnfwest

Would often watch him on the john player league games. Very fast, wrong foot bowler, and could bat. Would have been up there with kallis and botham.
Sad cricket news on 23:47 - Feb 17 with 565 viewsFreddies_Ears

My dad was a Bristolian and absolutely loved him. He had a very, very long run-up, great with bat too. His Test stats are ridiculous...
Cricket history & records would have been very different if SAf hadn't had that lengthy ban...
Sad cricket news on 00:00 - Feb 18 with 545 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sad cricket news on 23:47 - Feb 17 by Freddies_Ears

My dad was a Bristolian and absolutely loved him. He had a very, very long run-up, great with bat too. His Test stats are ridiculous...
Cricket history & records would have been very different if SAf hadn't had that lengthy ban...

Would it ever. Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Garth le Roux, Clive Rice as well among others. We were really robbed of a brilliant side to grow up watching.

England would've missed out on a few players though. Alan Lamb definitely moved over here in order to be eligible to play test cricket for England as a result of the ban. Robin Smith I think had English parents so didn't have to go through the residency stage.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024