Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are the Arsenal of the Championship... 21:59 - Apr 10 with 1440 viewspointofblue

- A manager who wields complete control and is allowed to decide his own destiny
- An owner who seems to lack ambition, happy to go backwards rather than looking to puh on
- A fanbase rapidly turning on the club and the players, yet being ignored by those at the top
- One of the most expensive clubs to support in the division, with fans forking out to pay through the nose for relatively substandard fare

Admittedly Arsenal do tend to play better football than us but, watching them tonight, I'm even starting to doubt that!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 1384 viewsmonty_radio

So we're just one appointment away from some Champions League manager or other, and being able to spend the £100 million we get from selling our very own equivalents of Ozil and Sanchez.

Oh goody!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:18 - Apr 10 with 1375 viewspointofblue

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:15 - Apr 10 by monty_radio

So we're just one appointment away from some Champions League manager or other, and being able to spend the £100 million we get from selling our very own equivalents of Ozil and Sanchez.

Oh goody!

We're an equivalent. We're one appointment away from a League One manager and being able to spend £1.50 after selling Bart for £5m and McGoldrick for £3m.

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:19 - Apr 10 with 1367 viewsClapham_Junction

I think you spelt Sunderland wrong.
We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:20 - Apr 10 with 1360 viewsbournemouthblue

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:18 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

We're an equivalent. We're one appointment away from a League One manager and being able to spend £1.50 after selling Bart for £5m and McGoldrick for £3m.

And then remaining in League One for six years like Sheffield United although I'd hope we could turn around in a season just as other bigger clubs tend to at that level but there is no guarantee

Frankly we should be competitive at this level, even if we are shooting for 6th place

Much as Arsenal shoot for 4th in the Premiership

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:21 - Apr 10 with 1359 viewspointofblue

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 22:19 - Apr 10 by Clapham_Junction

I think you spelt Sunderland wrong.

In all seriouness, Sunderland have never allowed their managers to be in control of their own destiny.

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 23:36 - Apr 10 with 1242 viewsWeWereZombies

If we were the Arsenal of the Championship we would be pushing for a play-of place based on where they are in the Prem.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 23:42 - Apr 10 with 1234 viewsBinner

"Allowed to decide his own destiny..."

What does that mean?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 23:44 - Apr 10 with 1225 viewspointofblue

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 23:42 - Apr 10 by Binner

"Allowed to decide his own destiny..."

What does that mean?

Decides whether he wants to stay or go, rather than the board saying enough is enough due to recent performances / fan unrest.

Login to get fewer ads

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 00:06 - Apr 11 with 1187 viewsbournemouthblue

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 23:36 - Apr 10 by WeWereZombies

If we were the Arsenal of the Championship we would be pushing for a play-of place based on where they are in the Prem.

You could argue last season we were still, although truthfully we were always a bit off the pace. The final finish was a little flattering. It made it look closer than it was, am I right in thinking MM favoured Gerkin early on and persisted with him for far too long, once Bart was back he seemed to be man of the match on virtually every occasion?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 00:12 - Apr 11 with 1174 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Id glad swap Wenger for MM

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 00:13 - Apr 11 with 1168 viewsWeWereZombies

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 00:06 - Apr 11 by bournemouthblue

You could argue last season we were still, although truthfully we were always a bit off the pace. The final finish was a little flattering. It made it look closer than it was, am I right in thinking MM favoured Gerkin early on and persisted with him for far too long, once Bart was back he seemed to be man of the match on virtually every occasion?

As far as I can recall, but I am an infrequent matchgoer so it was difficult to know if Mick was in the wrong. Once Bart was established as the best choice of keeper the focus for abuse in the 2015/16 season moved on to Knudsen.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 01:23 - Apr 11 with 1123 viewsTheBlueBarca

More like Aston Villa.

In the same league for decades, not won anything since the dark ages - soon to be relegated from that league never to return.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

We are the Arsenal of the Championship... on 10:24 - Apr 11 with 1001 viewsRoyKeanesDog

We are the Everton of the Championship if you're going by the last 15 years.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024