Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement 21:00 - Jun 9 with 3658 viewsElderGrizzly

Not sure how true this is, as it's not a true alliance i assume?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 21:01]
Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:01 - Jun 9 with 3643 viewsvapour_trail

Of course it faking does. What are they thinking.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:02 - Jun 9 with 3639 viewshomer_123

It's certainly not a coalition but it muddy the waters re. the Ireland situ for sure.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:04 - Jun 9 with 3624 viewsElderGrizzly

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:01 - Jun 9 by vapour_trail

If they are merely voting along with them, it doesn't make it an alliance as they normally do anyway?

A coalition certainly does and Chris Grayling wasn't ruling that out just now
Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:05 - Jun 9 with 3623 viewsfactual_blue

Well they could always swear the oath of allegiance, take their seats at Westminster, and vote them down......

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:07 - Jun 9 with 3611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:01 - Jun 9 by vapour_trail

I don't think it does because there is no formal coalition.

She's stupid but she's not that fookin stupid.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:07 - Jun 9 with 3605 viewsElderGrizzly

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:05 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

Well they could always swear the oath of allegiance, take their seats at Westminster, and vote them down......

Well they know their way round thanks to Jezza ;)
Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:14 - Jun 9 with 3572 viewsvapour_trail

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:07 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think it does because there is no formal coalition.

She's stupid but she's not that fookin stupid.

Come on fellas. There's a price to pay to the unionists here, and it's not hospital funding or bobbies on the beat in Londonderry.

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:18 - Jun 9 with 3545 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:14 - Jun 9 by vapour_trail

Come on fellas. There's a price to pay to the unionists here, and it's not hospital funding or bobbies on the beat in Londonderry.

I completely agree but they are not going into any formal agreement so although it goes against the spirit of the Good Friday agreement its doesn't go against the detail.

My worry is a dissident Republican group will set of a bomb over this. If that's the case she will have blood on her hands. I feel that strongly about it.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:24 - Jun 9 with 3493 viewsvapour_trail

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:18 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree but they are not going into any formal agreement so although it goes against the spirit of the Good Friday agreement its doesn't go against the detail.

My worry is a dissident Republican group will set of a bomb over this. If that's the case she will have blood on her hands. I feel that strongly about it.

That's a low risk I would think.

Higher risk is the breakdown of NI political stability, which has the potential to have repercussions for a generation.

I get that for the Tories she needs to hang around. Minority government would have been the honourable option. Not in her her make up.

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:25 - Jun 9 with 3494 viewsfactual_blue

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:07 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

Well they know their way round thanks to Jezza ;)

I would genuinely love to see them turn up. Several tory MPs would erupt.

Edited - just realised what I'd put. Although it's a pity some can't distinguish between the metaphorical and literal uses of words.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 21:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:26 - Jun 9 with 3475 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:25 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

I would genuinely love to see them turn up. Several tory MPs would erupt.

Edited - just realised what I'd put. Although it's a pity some can't distinguish between the metaphorical and literal uses of words.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 21:32]

Really poor taste. Especially after your Jo Cox post this morning.

Iron Lion Zion

on 07:02 - Jun 10 with 3056 views_

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 08:16 - Jun 10 with 3007 viewsNo9

Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 21:18 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I agree but as I posted some time ago I saw Ms Villiers as a person happy to chuck out the GF agreement.
I also ask how many times Cameron & May have relied on DUP support in the past.

It is all very unhealthy and could become even more difficul in EU negotiations could it not?
Here we go - Sinn Fein have said Tory/DUP 'alliance' contravenes GF agreement on 08:47 - Jun 10 with 2975 viewsNo9

It is being reported this morning that the leader of the Scottish conservatives is asking for assurances from No10 relative to the LGBT rights and the DUP's position on those.

As an after thought the DUP ideals sit nicely with the likes of Liam Fox don't they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024