Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam McDonnell 22:09 - Aug 12 with 2308 viewswkj

I was very sure McDonnell was not ever going to win Mick over, but so pleased he came on and did well today! Would have loved to see what Mariott would have done if we'd have kept him

Another good day for the academy graduates!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Adam McDonnell on 22:48 - Aug 12 with 2085 viewsITFC_Forever

I've always liked him when I've seen him for the reserves.

He's only getting on the bench at the moment as we have injuries, but at least he's having the opportunity to show what he can do.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Adam McDonnell on 22:53 - Aug 12 with 2035 viewswkj

Adam McDonnell on 22:48 - Aug 12 by ITFC_Forever

I've always liked him when I've seen him for the reserves.

He's only getting on the bench at the moment as we have injuries, but at least he's having the opportunity to show what he can do.

Ineed, though I dont think he is giving a bad account for himself certainly

Crybaby

Adam McDonnell on 23:07 - Aug 12 with 1957 viewsITFCBlues

Adam McDonnell on 22:53 - Aug 12 by wkj

Ineed, though I dont think he is giving a bad account for himself certainly

Has he looked handy the last couple of games then? Think he may well be starting on Tuesday night!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Adam McDonnell on 23:07 - Aug 12 with 1962 viewspointofblue

Would you say McDonnell has given a better account for himself than Nydam today? Though Nydam was hampered by the system in the first half today.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 23:23]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Adam McDonnell on 23:09 - Aug 12 with 1935 viewswkj

Adam McDonnell on 23:07 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

Would you say McDonnell has given a better account for himself than Nydam today? Though Nydam was hampered by the system in the first half today.

I wouldn't say that but I would certainly say he is more solid than the stopgap players weve had, Coke etc. As for starting? I don't know, i think he has a way to go before convincing mm of that
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 23:10]

Crybaby

Adam McDonnell on 23:23 - Aug 12 with 1849 viewsClapham_Junction

Adam McDonnell on 23:07 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

McDonnell wasn't really on the pitch long enough to show much - I think he only touched the ball two or three times and that was mostly clearances.

Nydam showed some nice touches, but like you say I think the first half formation wasn't quite right and him and Downes weren't really in the right positions for most of it (Downes was very good in the second half). He was given responsibility for all the right-footed set pieces in the first half, although most of his corners were too high and met with some quite loud groans (which I thought was a bit of a shame given this was his first league start).
Adam McDonnell on 06:12 - Aug 13 with 1506 viewspowinswitch

Adam McDonnell on 23:23 - Aug 12 by Clapham_Junction

McDonnell wasn't really on the pitch long enough to show much - I think he only touched the ball two or three times and that was mostly clearances.

Nydam showed some nice touches, but like you say I think the first half formation wasn't quite right and him and Downes weren't really in the right positions for most of it (Downes was very good in the second half). He was given responsibility for all the right-footed set pieces in the first half, although most of his corners were too high and met with some quite loud groans (which I thought was a bit of a shame given this was his first league start).

People get frustrated and groan. What I would ask is why wasn't somebody else taking the corners. Was Nydam the only option, and if so why? Lot of responsibility on someone making their full league debut.
Adam McDonnell on 06:27 - Aug 13 with 1488 viewsbontcho

This approach of having a smaller, but better, squad and then relying on the kids to fill the gaps when we have injuries is really working well. Much better than having the likes of Coke, Toure and Best playing the odd game on higher wages.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024