Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' 11:19 - Aug 11 with 22233 viewsunbelievablue

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/aggressive-vegans-are-putting-p
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 11:41]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Happy Friday on 11:39 - Aug 11 with 9848 viewsBluebell

Error 404 Not Found.
Happy Friday on 11:43 - Aug 11 with 9843 viewsJ2BLUE

I think that is true. Some people take the peta line of killing animals is completely wrong and there is no justification whatsoever. Others like compassion in world farming campaign for an end to using cages in egg production and higher welfare standards across the board and the tone of the site is much better.

Some vegans look at things purely as black or white when they could make a much bigger difference looking to improve standards etc. It's not just vegans though, anyone with a strong passionate belief struggle to accept less than 100%. It's human nature.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Happy Friday on 11:46 - Aug 11 with 9826 viewsBluebell

Happy Friday on 11:43 - Aug 11 by J2BLUE

I think that is true. Some people take the peta line of killing animals is completely wrong and there is no justification whatsoever. Others like compassion in world farming campaign for an end to using cages in egg production and higher welfare standards across the board and the tone of the site is much better.

Some vegans look at things purely as black or white when they could make a much bigger difference looking to improve standards etc. It's not just vegans though, anyone with a strong passionate belief struggle to accept less than 100%. It's human nature.

How come you can read it but I can't?
on 11:48 - Aug 11 with 9805 views_

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 11:54 - Aug 11 with 9804 viewsFtnfwest

well that and charging men 18% more to eat the stuff doesn't help
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 11:55 - Aug 11 with 9807 viewsitfcjoe

It's definitely true - no one likes being preached to by someone who fundamentally thinks that they are a better person than them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 11:57 - Aug 11 with 9786 viewsunbelievablue

on 11:48 - Aug 11 by _

Ignore the thread then.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Happy Friday on 12:04 - Aug 11 with 9769 viewsRyorry

Happy Friday on 11:39 - Aug 11 by Bluebell

Error 404 Not Found.

It works for me - try differet browser? (Firefox blocked about 80% of all sites that I regularly use without problem! when I tried that).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 9761 viewsNo9

doesn't the Standards (new) editor have some strange eating habits?
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 9761 viewsRyorry

Is exactly what I've said a few times on the previous vegan-related threads on here.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 12:11 - Aug 11 with 9729 views_

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 11:57 - Aug 11 by unbelievablue

Ignore the thread then.

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:12 - Aug 11 with 9735 viewsStokieBlue

"The top responses were ‘they were quite aggressive to those eating meat’ (37 per cent) and ‘they consider their way of eating to be the only way’."

That can't be right surely?

In fairness, 60+% of people aren't put off.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 9731 viewsBenters

I made a beautifu Cumberland sausage hotpot Tuesday and Wednesday,you cant beat it when its humping down outside,cheddar mash one night,the next i made a massive yorkshire pud,and ladled the said hotpot into the pud.

Bloody lovely .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Happy Friday on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 9700 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy Friday on 11:46 - Aug 11 by Bluebell

How come you can read it but I can't?

Education.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:27 - Aug 11 with 9692 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:13 - Aug 11 by Benters

I made a beautifu Cumberland sausage hotpot Tuesday and Wednesday,you cant beat it when its humping down outside,cheddar mash one night,the next i made a massive yorkshire pud,and ladled the said hotpot into the pud.

Bloody lovely .

Mmmmmm. That even sounds nice to me.

Do you what I like when it's p1ssing down outside? Sausage, mash, sweet corn and gravy. Piping hot.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:39 - Aug 11 with 9659 viewsStirlingArcher

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:46 - Aug 11 with 9637 viewsJakeITFC

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:51 - Aug 11 with 9625 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:46 - Aug 11 by JakeITFC

Now you've gone and done it

[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 12:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 12:58 - Aug 11 with 9593 viewstheblueginger

It is very true in some regards. Veganism is sometimes adopted by people to preach and feel smug about themselves. I had a debate once with a 'hardcore' vegan who smoked cigs and (various other substances). They were happy to hark on at and judge everyone else for enjoying chicken yet snapped at anyone that didn't fancy inhaling their fag fumes as it was "their choice and they can do what they want."

Cost is another factor for many people. That Quorn stuff is always about 35% more expensive than the meat, which doesn't make sense.

I did chuckle that the first comment at the bottom of the article essentially validates the entire page.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 13:00]
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:13 - Aug 11 with 9556 viewsVic

I've never met an aggressive vegan. They always seem so chilled and relaxed and content that others have a different. Never known one yet who is so sure they're right that they'll argue their case, even though no one is listening. Certainly not on a footie website anyway. Would never happen. Surely not!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:21 - Aug 11 with 9543 viewsbenno1uk

"Vegans have a harsh rap - they’re often painted as tie-dye wearing, hemp-smelling, hippy preachers, who will lambast anyone for even looking at a piece of cheese or a steak."

Not my words - the words of independent.co.uk
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:22 - Aug 11 with 9540 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Surely not, aren't they mostly too weak and emaciated from not eating a proper diet to be aggressive?

Now raw meat that's proper fighting food.
'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:32 - Aug 11 with 9507 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I'd agree with that.

I'm not going to mention any names, but there's somebody on here who talks about veganism so frequently it just make a me think about meat.

The saddest thing is I have such a big appetite, the additional meat I eat is probably far greater than the amount that he would've eaten when he did eat meat.

Effectively, his abstinence from meat products have actually had a counter effect on the world.

Poll: Best Football Song

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:35 - Aug 11 with 9492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:32 - Aug 11 by RoyKeanesDog

I'd agree with that.

I'm not going to mention any names, but there's somebody on here who talks about veganism so frequently it just make a me think about meat.

The saddest thing is I have such a big appetite, the additional meat I eat is probably far greater than the amount that he would've eaten when he did eat meat.

Effectively, his abstinence from meat products have actually had a counter effect on the world.

I wonder who you are talking about..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:40 - Aug 11 with 9476 viewsleitrimblue

'Aggressive vegans are putting people off giving up meat study finds' on 13:21 - Aug 11 by benno1uk

"Vegans have a harsh rap - they’re often painted as tie-dye wearing, hemp-smelling, hippy preachers, who will lambast anyone for even looking at a piece of cheese or a steak."

Not my words - the words of independent.co.uk

Tad harsh, some of us vegans have jus never met the right woman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024