Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another thing about last night was the painful bar service 11:32 - Aug 16 with 2513 viewsRadlett_blue

The staff had been instructed not to hand out any plastic bottles, so they laboriously poured out every bottled drink that was ordered. If the club are worried about them being used as missiles, ask the bar staff to remove the plastic tops & hand them over. In any case, I'd far rather be struck by a plastic bottle than a flying coin, so all a bit pointless.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 18:01 - Aug 16 with 2398 viewsgainsboroughblue

I know someone who went to the Mera Luna festival over last weekend. They were charged 18 euros for a half litre bottle of water which had to be poured from a sealed plastic bottle into a plastic cup. The whole buying of refreshments at events now is just ludicrous.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 18:02 - Aug 16 with 2392 viewsuefacup81

Seems Millwall took the whole current trend of 'making away fans feel at home' to a whole new level then!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:40 - Aug 16 with 2293 viewsClapham_Junction

I bought two tickets from the office and after leaving the window noticed that they were in blocks 21 and 25 ffs.

Then got told by one steward that it was unreserved seating, another that it was reserved but we should chance our arm and then by a third that it was unreserved.

My girlfriend missed the first two goals as she decided to wait until kickoff to go back to the bar...
Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:46 - Aug 16 with 2265 viewsHarryfromBath

It was pretty shambolic - my sense was it was untrained staff more than anything else. There was near panic when I asked for a cup of tea, and this was at a place where two of the beer taps already weren't functioning correctly.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:54 - Aug 16 with 2247 viewsTractorWood

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:40 - Aug 16 by Clapham_Junction

I bought two tickets from the office and after leaving the window noticed that they were in blocks 21 and 25 ffs.

Then got told by one steward that it was unreserved seating, another that it was reserved but we should chance our arm and then by a third that it was unreserved.

My girlfriend missed the first two goals as she decided to wait until kickoff to go back to the bar...

It's an away game. I love unreserved, how it should be.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 20:03]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 20:18 - Aug 16 with 2188 viewsBurwell_Blue

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:54 - Aug 16 by TractorWood

Oh god, I can't stand reserves away matches. I don't want to be with the mongs (and I'm sure they don't want to be with me) so I always wait until 10 mins and then sit away from them.
Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 20:37 - Aug 16 with 2139 viewsBlue_Order

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 19:54 - Aug 16 by TractorWood

This 👍

Those that want to stand and make noise can stand up the back, and those that don't can get down the front. Everyone's a winner.
Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 2122 viewsTractorWood

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 20:18 - Aug 16 by Burwell_Blue

Oh god, I can't stand reserves away matches. I don't want to be with the mongs (and I'm sure they don't want to be with me) so I always wait until 10 mins and then sit away from them.

I normally wait until 2:59 or 7:44 and then just dash up the stairs and find somewhere. Can't be dealing with the stand up/sit down arguements. London games are fine but you'll still encounter some who want 900 people to sit down in front of them.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 23:08 - Aug 16 with 2007 viewsClapham_Junction

Completely agree, it's just a shame the stewards didn't seem very well informed.

When I was at uni in Reading we used to get free tickets to see them on a regular basis - they'd recently moved to the Madjeski but had dropped into what's now League One and were getting poor crowds so the home seating was unreserved too. Hardly anyone bothered going because the stadium was so difficult to get to, and also because they were sh1t.
Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 06:49 - Aug 17 with 1878 viewsBenters

Another thing about last night was the painful bar service on 20:37 - Aug 16 by Blue_Order

This 👍

Those that want to stand and make noise can stand up the back, and those that don't can get down the front. Everyone's a winner.

This

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024