Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days 09:29 - Sep 7 with 5871 viewshype313

Another one last night, seems like there has been one a week for months now, and some nasty sexual assaults.

If it carries on we will be twinned with Limerick.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:37 - Sep 7 with 5777 viewslinhdi

Re stabbings, the advice of the Met is useful - you can reduce your chance of being knifed by 95% by taking one simple step. Don't carry a knife.

Re the sexual assaults. Horrible. Ipswich is not a safe place to walk around at nighttime, especially not for a female. I felt much safer when I lived in London, in one of the highest crime areas.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 5759 viewshype313

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:37 - Sep 7 by linhdi

Re stabbings, the advice of the Met is useful - you can reduce your chance of being knifed by 95% by taking one simple step. Don't carry a knife.

Re the sexual assaults. Horrible. Ipswich is not a safe place to walk around at nighttime, especially not for a female. I felt much safer when I lived in London, in one of the highest crime areas.

The police cuts have made policing the town centre at nightime extremely hard, that's what a friend of mine in the force told me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:49 - Sep 7 with 5741 viewsSteve_M

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:40 - Sep 7 by hype313

The police cuts have made policing the town centre at nightime extremely hard, that's what a friend of mine in the force told me.

Not a surprise. I think we'll start to see the real impact of seven years of cuts over the next few years in many areas of public life.

And that's before we trash the economy as May is intent on doing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:50 - Sep 7 with 5735 viewsNo9

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:40 - Sep 7 by hype313

The reduction in police numbers in Suffolk & Norfolk is a scandal.
The PCC & CoP were under fire from Cromer residents last night over their handing of the traveller matter
But all these things really come donw to the PCC's tipping their forelock to Westminster whatever the local needs are.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:56 - Sep 7 with 5710 viewsimsureazzure

The shooting and death of a 14 year old boy in London was only the 4th story on the news, 14 for fuks sake, the country is being desensitisied to murder, knife crime and sexual violence.

The police and gov have no will to deal with the root causes and to blame the cuts is plain lazy.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 5694 viewsimsureazzure

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:50 - Sep 7 by No9

The reduction in police numbers in Suffolk & Norfolk is a scandal.
The PCC & CoP were under fire from Cromer residents last night over their handing of the traveller matter
But all these things really come donw to the PCC's tipping their forelock to Westminster whatever the local needs are.

It wouldnt have mattered if there had been 200 old bill in Cromer, there was no will to apprehend and arrest, 31 reported crimes 0 arrests, Irish knackers are a protected community.

Swap them for football supporters on a day out in norwich.

Police cuts blah blah blah.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 5694 viewsbaxterbasics

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:56 - Sep 7 by imsureazzure

The shooting and death of a 14 year old boy in London was only the 4th story on the news, 14 for fuks sake, the country is being desensitisied to murder, knife crime and sexual violence.

The police and gov have no will to deal with the root causes and to blame the cuts is plain lazy.

Agree with this. I'm seeing plenty of police out and about, just they are spending all their time hunting drivers, or Twitte trolls instead of real crims. Get them off highway patrol and onto the streets.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:04 - Sep 7 with 5674 viewsNo9

Crime particular that of crime against the person in the UK has risen considerably as has crime outside urban areas.
The Police minister (also MP for GT Yarmouth) makes out crime is falling but fails to look in his own constituency so effectively the government seem , via their appointed minister, is in denial.

The cuts have reduced the numbers of police to a point where it is impossible for them to be effective, e.g where I live we have 2 (YES two) police officer to cover an area of more than 100 sq miles 24 hours a day seven days a week. This is not an isolated case.

The PCC will NOT take any representation about this and the County Councillor denies there is a problem - even when it was pointed out to him that crime are not being reported by the local officers.

It will get worse before it gets better
Login to get fewer ads

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:08 - Sep 7 with 5659 viewsHarry_Palmer

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:00 - Sep 7 by baxterbasics

Agree with this. I'm seeing plenty of police out and about, just they are spending all their time hunting drivers, or Twitte trolls instead of real crims. Get them off highway patrol and onto the streets.

Always a high presence of armed Police on the streets in the aftermath of a terror attack
( when the actual threat level in a place like Ipswich is miniscule ) yet they are nowhere to be seen when there is a genuine risk of safety on the streets in the town centre at night.
There's something not quite right there.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:16 - Sep 7 with 5623 viewsitfcjoe

There are less bobbys ont he beat now - their time is wasted byt things that have to be investigated - but most times there will be one response team covering Ipswich, and one response team covering from Felixstowe up to Leiston.

If there is one incident they are then overstretched if anything else happens - there was a time when resource was being used badly, but nowadays there is just no resource

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 5588 viewsFixed_It

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 10:49 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

Not a surprise. I think we'll start to see the real impact of seven years of cuts over the next few years in many areas of public life.

And that's before we trash the economy as May is intent on doing.

Absolutely. A mate works for the Met and some of the things he tells me about how the cuts are hitting are extremely worrying. Operational cuts had a real impact on the response to London Bridge, for example.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:28 - Sep 7 with 5578 viewsSteve_M

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:26 - Sep 7 by Fixed_It

Absolutely. A mate works for the Met and some of the things he tells me about how the cuts are hitting are extremely worrying. Operational cuts had a real impact on the response to London Bridge, for example.

A friend of mine is a prison officer; he's been telling me how overstretched they are for years. The consequences of that is likely to become very obvious soon as disorder becomes more widespread.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:34 - Sep 7 with 5564 viewsNo9

I can't recall the last time I saw a cop car on the roads of Suffolk /Essex / Norfolk

Where do you see them?
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:36 - Sep 7 with 5551 viewsNo9

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:00 - Sep 7 by imsureazzure

It wouldnt have mattered if there had been 200 old bill in Cromer, there was no will to apprehend and arrest, 31 reported crimes 0 arrests, Irish knackers are a protected community.

Swap them for football supporters on a day out in norwich.

Police cuts blah blah blah.

That wasn't the problem was not?
The police didn't react because they didn't have the numbers
You can't police a situation with no coppers can you?
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 12:03 - Sep 7 with 5481 viewsFixed_It

I agree that we are becoming desensitised. I totally disagree that there is no will from the police to act. Blaming the cuts is not 'lazy'. Those in the police I speak to are extremely frustrated at having to do their jobs with their hands tied behind their backs due to lack of resources.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 12:05]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 12:58 - Sep 7 with 5354 viewsimsureazzure

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 12:03 - Sep 7 by Fixed_It

I agree that we are becoming desensitised. I totally disagree that there is no will from the police to act. Blaming the cuts is not 'lazy'. Those in the police I speak to are extremely frustrated at having to do their jobs with their hands tied behind their backs due to lack of resources.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 12:05]

Ok, the police have directives to prioritise different crimes, those crimes that are not seen as fashionable are the crimes that really affect neighbourhoods and town centres.

Football supporters are treated like animals because they are seen as a free shot by plod.
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:08 - Sep 7 with 5321 viewssoupytwist

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:36 - Sep 7 by No9

That wasn't the problem was not?
The police didn't react because they didn't have the numbers
You can't police a situation with no coppers can you?

On the Look East report of the public meeting in Cromer where the Norfolk Chief Constable took a verbal battering from various locals one restaurant owner described a situation where his restaurant was overrun by a crowd of ne'er do wells. He and his staff tried to remove them from the premises while some police officers in cars parked opposite looked on.

Surely some kind of professional pride should kick in on the part of the police officers and they'd help out, rather than just watch? I don't get it.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 13:11]
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:35 - Sep 7 with 5233 viewsblue_oyster

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:08 - Sep 7 by soupytwist

On the Look East report of the public meeting in Cromer where the Norfolk Chief Constable took a verbal battering from various locals one restaurant owner described a situation where his restaurant was overrun by a crowd of ne'er do wells. He and his staff tried to remove them from the premises while some police officers in cars parked opposite looked on.

Surely some kind of professional pride should kick in on the part of the police officers and they'd help out, rather than just watch? I don't get it.

The police voluntarily decided to withdraw from the streets a long time ago, leaving the weak to defend themselves. Their main raison d'etre now is to turn up *after* a crime has been committed, at dangerous speed, and fill in lots of forms. Then everyone wonders 'what can be done?'.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:39 - Sep 7 with 5212 viewsvapour_trail

Can't agree. My mate recently quit as a finance director at the met. He says the cuts have been seismic and over a prolonged period in all areas. Frontline hasn't been spared. Some govt stats will tell otherwise but he talks of people being repurposed to cover up the real story.

I'll accept that the picture painted from inside the service will be one side of the story, but you can't make the level of cuts we have had over such a sustained period and expect no negative impact.

This picture is of course replicated across most other public services.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:40 - Sep 7 with 5208 viewsNo9

I understand the CoP (Norfolk) has now conceded they got it wrong but to show how Norfolk has been hit by police number reductions -

https://www.norfolk.polfed.org/media-releases/581-police-officers-numbers-fallin
Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 5180 viewsitfcjoe

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 13:39 - Sep 7 by vapour_trail

Can't agree. My mate recently quit as a finance director at the met. He says the cuts have been seismic and over a prolonged period in all areas. Frontline hasn't been spared. Some govt stats will tell otherwise but he talks of people being repurposed to cover up the real story.

I'll accept that the picture painted from inside the service will be one side of the story, but you can't make the level of cuts we have had over such a sustained period and expect no negative impact.

This picture is of course replicated across most other public services.

What is especially prevalent in Ipswich/Suffolk is that a lot of officers come here to wind down careers - which gives us a very top heavy police force.

So when cuts need to be made, thy get rid of the youngsters on poor contracts as they can't touch the older guys who have brilliant contracts, pensions, high salaries and even accomodation allowances in many cases which means that the cuts are felt even harder out here for the front line

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 14:09 - Sep 7 with 5136 viewsbaxterbasics

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 11:34 - Sep 7 by No9

I can't recall the last time I saw a cop car on the roads of Suffolk /Essex / Norfolk

Where do you see them?

To be fair, I should clarify the fact that I live on Main Road Kesgrave, just a short distance from the police HQ!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 14:10 - Sep 7 with 5133 viewschambosleftboot

Yeah but Ipswich is a bit of a dump - reducing policing around there is nonsensical.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:40 - Sep 7 with 5097 viewsimsureazzure

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 14:45 - Sep 7 with 5084 viewsitfcjoe

Getting very stabby in Ipswich these days on 14:10 - Sep 7 by chambosleftboot

Yeah but Ipswich is a bit of a dump - reducing policing around there is nonsensical.

At least the town has a decent football team unlike other Cities in East Anglia who suffer embarrassing 4-0 defeats to likes of Millwall....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024