Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu v McDonnell 23:02 - Oct 4 with 3579 viewsCurrie10

A lot was made at the time Benyu left, which is fair enough.

However footy experts / people who have been watching the U23s over time.

Who do you feel has more about them to do better career wise? Both seem to have had a good impact at Aldershot.

For that matter, how could James Blanchfield end up?
on 23:10 - Oct 4 with 3552 views_

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:16 - Oct 4 with 3528 viewsCurrie10

on 23:10 - Oct 4 by _

It is an interesting one.

Connor Hourihane's name always seemed to crap up when I read match reports on here.

Another we let go was Ed Upson who seemed again to be a decent player with a future.

That said, Garvan + Westlake looked promising early doors however for various reasons didn't end up making the most of it.
on 23:19 - Oct 4 with 3514 views_

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:16 - Oct 4 by Currie10

Connor Hourihane's name always seemed to crap up when I read match reports on here.

Another we let go was Ed Upson who seemed again to be a decent player with a future.

That said, Garvan + Westlake looked promising early doors however for various reasons didn't end up making the most of it.

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:30 - Oct 4 with 3479 viewsCurrie10

on 23:19 - Oct 4 by _

Yeah makes you wonder regarding the Bish.

I thought Josh Carson looked to have something about him too. Not just on about Palace goals, however Bristol City away 1-0 win with 10 men he was outstanding.
on 23:35 - Oct 4 with 3478 views_

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:30 - Oct 4 by Currie10

Yeah makes you wonder regarding the Bish.

I thought Josh Carson looked to have something about him too. Not just on about Palace goals, however Bristol City away 1-0 win with 10 men he was outstanding.

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:44 - Oct 4 with 3457 viewsCurrie10

on 23:35 - Oct 4 by _

Broke leg at York I think too.... seemed to have a summer of partying / weight ballooning 2009 from memory which didn't help him at all. Ah well! Up to the lads what they want from life.
Benyu v McDonnell on 08:23 - Oct 5 with 3177 viewsitfcjoe

I thought McDonnell was poor all of last season and is very lucky to have got a massively injury enforced opportunity this year......but he made the most out of it and seems to be doing well at the Shots. Football is about luck and right place right time so these injuries may have saved his career.

Benyu must be the favourite at the moment, and generally offered a bit more - but he could very easily get lost up at Celtic although the 4 year deal is a big show of faith. I don't think McD will do anything at as high a level personally.

Blanchfield has just drifted away, a bit too much of a typical academy player who is technically very good, very neat and tidy - but lacks the required 'edge' to realy kick on into senior football

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu v McDonnell on 10:49 - Oct 5 with 2999 viewsmuccletonjoe

Benyu has a big attitude problem which will hamper him more than anything else. Quite frankly i will be amazed to hear anymore from him at celtic. McDonnell even last season when he was completely out of form , showed the odd 5 minutes here and there which hinted at the ability he has. Now he is getting experience and improving i think we will all be glad he is a town player very soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Benyu v McDonnell on 19:43 - Oct 5 with 2774 viewsWickets

Benyu is pretty good when on dead ball duty that should help if he does manage to progress , one of the unders 23's coaches really rated him i believe , he was a bit cocky not sure Mick likes that in a youngster but i think it can help if channeld the right way.
Benyu v McDonnell on 22:39 - Oct 5 with 2643 viewsCurrie10

Benyu v McDonnell on 19:43 - Oct 5 by Wickets

Benyu is pretty good when on dead ball duty that should help if he does manage to progress , one of the unders 23's coaches really rated him i believe , he was a bit cocky not sure Mick likes that in a youngster but i think it can help if channeld the right way.

Celina has that swagger about him and starting games under Mick - if you're good enough, he'll have/play you.

Still annoyed with a certain Antony Knockaert backtracking regarding a late season loan 14/15. May have had a chance of top 2 with him, or performed better in the play offs.
Benyu v McDonnell on 22:44 - Oct 5 with 2639 viewsxrayspecs

Benyu v McDonnell on 23:16 - Oct 4 by Currie10

Hourihane is the only player in the last (10? years) we have let go and in hindsight they have gone on to bigger and better things. Ok - add Rhodes to the list.

My point being that club coaches have a pretty good record about who to release.
Benyu v McDonnell on 00:16 - Oct 6 with 2572 viewsCurrie10

Benyu v McDonnell on 22:44 - Oct 5 by xrayspecs

Hourihane is the only player in the last (10? years) we have let go and in hindsight they have gone on to bigger and better things. Ok - add Rhodes to the list.

My point being that club coaches have a pretty good record about who to release.

Perhaps Liam Trotter too.

Okay Bolton / Millwall nowt spesh but built like a tank and given a very very raw deal by us I feel.

I remember meeting him before Cardiff away by chance outside the ground 07/08. He started at Sheff Utd 3-1 loss the Tuesday. Was at both games that week ( superfan ) - well,,,, Cardiff away was ONE QUID for students ( live in Bristol ) so a total no brainer.

I thought he was one of our better performers at the Lane that Tuesday, subbed on 60. I asked him if he knew the teamsheet and was surprised he told me. Amazed he was left out of the 16 was it then or 18... he hadn't made it. He informed me Gavin Williams was back and would start... we shared a wry smile. Found that interesting! Always thought he may have been worth hanging onto.
on 06:17 - Oct 6 with 2514 views_

Benyu v McDonnell on 22:44 - Oct 5 by xrayspecs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024