Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? 08:47 - Oct 29 with 1857 viewsPendejo

Liked the opportunity to stand on a terrace yesterday, instead of pay for a seat I don't sit on as everyone is standing.

But hasn't it been compulsory to be all seated in top 2 tiers since 1992?

Whilst I liked the terracing the fact they have only 1 line of crush barriers made it less safe than terraces of old as the steps were much higher than those that used to exist pre-92. I took along my oldest offspring who is 21 and has only known all seater stadia, she wanted to stand at the barrier. I insisted we stood at the back. When we scored and the group of teenagers in front bundled down the terrace onto those standing at the barrier I said to her "that's why we didn't stand there". Surely there should be 2 or 3 rows of crush barriers?

Liked ticking off another ground, love that its small and they are in 2nd tier football. I hope they stay up.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 09:09 - Oct 29 with 1817 viewsBasuco

Edit, I think it is 3 seasons. The FA and Premier League are sticking their heads in the sand once again on standing at football grounds, it is every match at all levels, many areas in every league now stand, it is an accident waiting to happen and hopefully it will just be a broken arm or leg and not another Hillsborough scale disaster.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 9:19]
Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 10:10 - Oct 29 with 1750 viewsstrikalite

Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 09:09 - Oct 29 by Basuco

Edit, I think it is 3 seasons. The FA and Premier League are sticking their heads in the sand once again on standing at football grounds, it is every match at all levels, many areas in every league now stand, it is an accident waiting to happen and hopefully it will just be a broken arm or leg and not another Hillsborough scale disaster.

Shrewsbury are set to become the first safe standing Club and more could then follow..

Look here at Celtic's safe standing terrace...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/17/shrewsbury-town-crowdfunding-sa

Edit; yes I think it is three seasons, Peterborough had same situation and I'm positive that they had the three seasons too...
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 10:23]
Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 10:14 - Oct 29 with 1734 viewsSuperfrans

This occurred to me yesterday too. It’s a long time since I’ve been to a ground with terraces on three sides of the ground. Even at Dagenham & Redbridge (in the National League) they have terraces on just two sides.

Presumably, if they got promoted to the Premiership, they’d have to upgrade very quickly.

Burton wasn’t the prettiest place I’ve ever been to, but I agree it would be great if they stayed up.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 10:15]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 1691 viewsm14_blue

Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 09:09 - Oct 29 by Basuco

Do you mean fans standing in all seater stadiums?

How could that lead to a large scale disaster?
Terracing - how long do Burton have to put in seats? on 14:42 - Oct 29 with 1560 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were standing to the right of the goal, we were amongst that lot that got surged as the goal went in.

I got pushed from behind and if it weren't for a woman standing up against that barrier, I'd have hit it head first. Instead that poor woman got crushed.

I spend the aftermath of the second goal pushing away from the barrier to save the woman from getting crushed as more and more people fell forward. I think I saved her from serious injury on reflection

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024