Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) 16:43 - Oct 29 with 3684 viewsRIPbobby

I am not a keeper and have never had any keeper training, but as far as I know the keeper is supposed to line the wall up to cover one side of the goal and he defends the other. What this keeper has done here is set up a wall... and stood behind it.

I would have set the wall up to protect the post that the balls goes into and position myself the other side of the goal. Clear logic.

So, please can keeper explain to me why in this video does he stand behind the wall?
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 16:44 - Oct 29 with 3667 viewsSwailsey

I admit, if that was Bart, we’d be asking questions.

It was a good free kick, but not ‘stunning’ as others have said.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 16:48 - Oct 29 with 3637 viewsArnieM

"What was the goalie doing"?

From where I was standing , he was trying very hard not to split his shorts. Fluorescent lime green definitely was not his colour!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 17:30 - Oct 29 with 3544 viewsblue_oyster

He doesn't stand behind the wall. If he had, he would easily saved it.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 17:41 - Oct 29 with 3519 viewsFtnfwest

Didn’t set up or move at all well although Celina disguised it quite well and adjusted the angle he struck the ball at very late to send it in the corner opposite to what the keeper expected. However should have done a better job at covering both sides.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 17:46]
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 18:05 - Oct 29 with 3454 viewsWickets

If you take another look he takes a step the wrong way that makes it almost impossible , as his weight is on the wrong foot, to get to the ball. Anyone got a clip to the foul for the free kick?
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 18:21 - Oct 29 with 3415 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Looking at the size of him Im surprised he didn’t eat it let alone save it

Poll: Our final position

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 10:04 - Oct 30 with 3201 viewsmadmouse1959

I would like to know how Burton were allowed to score with a free header from a set piece corner.

shampoo dave

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 10:48 - Oct 30 with 3125 viewsSteve_M

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 18:05 - Oct 29 by Wickets

If you take another look he takes a step the wrong way that makes it almost impossible , as his weight is on the wrong foot, to get to the ball. Anyone got a clip to the foul for the free kick?

And there was a lot of weight there....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 10:49 - Oct 30 with 3120 viewsSteve_M

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 10:04 - Oct 30 by madmouse1959

I would like to know how Burton were allowed to score with a free header from a set piece corner.

Garner got outjumped by his marker.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 11:07 - Oct 30 with 3083 viewsSuperfrans

To be honest, if he had stepped further to his right, he would have had even less of a chance. At least standing more centrally he gave himself a chance - or might at least have discouraged the free kick taker from putting the ball there...

The keeper was a big fella though. On loan from Middlesbrough - and son of Stuart Ripley...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 11:37 - Oct 30 with 3051 viewsSwn98

Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 10:04 - Oct 30 by madmouse1959

Bit Suprised?nearly all our goals are conceded from free headers from set pieces fix this and we are on our way .
Cant understand how our no nonsense defensive manager when he was a player cant fix it basics.
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 2972 viewsNazemariner

I just wrong foots himself really. I slight movement to his right as Celina strikes the ball, and he cant adjust and get back.

If you look at Celina when he runs up, his body shape is suggesting keepers top right, but then he puts it to the keepers left. Clever from Celina if you ask me.
Celina's Free kick (What is the goalie doing?) on 13:56 - Oct 30 with 2904 viewssotd78

Waghorn, Skuse and Celina spent an age looking at the wall and the keeper. From his point of view he was facing either a left footed Waghorn effort or a right footed Celina attempt. His positioning was originally favouring a far post attempt which he half put right then stopped almost exactly behind the wall. Rooted. Planted to the spot. Watching live I'd say I could not tell you which corner Celina was aiming for until he kicked it. That's a talented free-kick taker....and for the thousand or so Town fans there it simply put a gloss on another averageperformance.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024