Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go 17:21 - Nov 25 with 2052 viewspointofblue

We're not learning, we're not developing, nothing is changing. We're making the same basic errors over and again, being little short of shocking at the back. Offensively we have probably improved slightly this season but we're incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

The problem is we had the same issue last year and Mick's answer was to make us as dull and turgid as possible - it did a job but was horrible to watch. Are we really not capable of playing attractive football without slipping up time and again? I wouldn't even blame the injuries - this is a deeper set problem that Huws, Adeyemi and Bishop being out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:30 - Nov 25 with 2019 viewsSwn98

Eh haven't you realised normal life doesn't exist in the football world if it did 99% of clubs would be bankrupt to start with.
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:36 - Nov 25 with 2006 viewsHarry_Palmer

Our back four is simply not good enough and is never going to keep clean sheets consistently.

Its a shame really because we are a lot better going forward this season, if we were only a bit better defensively I think we could be genuine top 6 contenders.
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:42 - Nov 25 with 1991 viewsbadadski

If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:30 - Nov 25 by Swn98

Eh haven't you realised normal life doesn't exist in the football world if it did 99% of clubs would be bankrupt to start with.

The problem is our defense is weak as ****. Every one of our defenders is likely to have 1 or 2 calamities per match. Chambers, Smith, Webster even, Spence, Iorfa - Knudsen less so. As individuals none of them have a defining strong quality apart from Websters ball playing ability.

Chambers is dominated in the air consistently

Smith has bad positional sense and will be prone to be beaten by a bouncing ball

Webster - positioning again is weak and reading of the game still being developed

Iorfa - just a calamity waiting to happen - bad positioning, no reading of the game or being able to spot danger even if it landed on his face. Every game i have watched him in defense i have flinched when the ball has gone any where close

Spence as right back over plays and is prone again to the mis timing and allowing ball to bounce and not being urgent enough.

Knudsen in my mind is the most consistent defender we have

Oh for a Chris Makin or David Wright level of defender on either flank
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:49 - Nov 25 with 1964 viewsWickets

Having no Midfield to speak off has not helped us this season but just watch the defending for the Villa goals today. Honestly!!!
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:02 - Nov 25 with 1934 viewsbadadski

If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 17:49 - Nov 25 by Wickets

Having no Midfield to speak off has not helped us this season but just watch the defending for the Villa goals today. Honestly!!!

If i was Iorfa after that display i would de-select my self from any team i was selected in out of a matter of principal. First Goal wasn't as bad as second in regards to being his fault but more why the hell 2 of our players were running past the villa player standing their without competing which was a monumental c*ck up.
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:12 - Nov 25 with 1918 viewsWickets

If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:02 - Nov 25 by badadski

If i was Iorfa after that display i would de-select my self from any team i was selected in out of a matter of principal. First Goal wasn't as bad as second in regards to being his fault but more why the hell 2 of our players were running past the villa player standing their without competing which was a monumental c*ck up.

First goal Chambers poor clearance , Ward and Waghorne just watch, Iorfa , no idear what he is doing and then Chambers makes another piss poor effort flapping around on his backside! Whats going on?
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:17 - Nov 25 with 1897 viewsWD19

In the ‘real’ world the Ipswich Town Football Department would be judged largely on a set of KPIs that....from head office hundreds of miles away....look like they are largely going in the right direction.

Even the annual staff survey has probably seen an uplift now that Brett Pitman has left the company.
If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:20 - Nov 25 with 1893 viewsmarchy

If a team makes the same mistakes in 'normal' life the Manager would go on 18:12 - Nov 25 by Wickets

First goal Chambers poor clearance , Ward and Waghorne just watch, Iorfa , no idear what he is doing and then Chambers makes another piss poor effort flapping around on his backside! Whats going on?

Skuse on his arse, actually.

Same thing four games running now really. Against Preston we started with Skuse and Connolly, and for half an hour looked a shambles, creating no chances, and likely to be hanging on for a point. Replaced Skuse with Bru, and suddenly played through the midfield, looked a creative and forceful side, took all the pressure off the defence and scored three.

Since then, back to the original duo, six goals conceded in three games and they've all been sh*te. But hey, I'm sure it will just click eventually.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024