Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? 00:16 - Jan 3 with 3884 viewsBranthamblue97

Why is the current "in thing" nowadays to blame the ref for everything whether it's a draw, loss or the fact that teams are having more shots than we have possession...(no seriously, 25 shots to our 24% possession). Poor reffing isn't the reason we have 1 point from 9 over Christmas, last I remembered 90 minutes made up a football game. Yes the penalty argument in the QPR game possibly lost us the full 3 points, or the wolves foul costing us another point or even perhaps the numerous over complaints, but as aforementioned, we have 90 minutes to win a game which we seem to find a struggle. Maybe certain "happy clappers" - to borrow a phrase - should be more realistic and actually critisise a team and manager who were second best for 90 minutes for once, otherwise you're just as bad as the "doom and gloom brigade".

P.S. do I have to validate my supporter status by stating how many years I've been going or proclaiming I attend 'X' amount of games a season?? I can also scan in copies of tickets if required.
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 00:21 - Jan 3 with 3863 viewsazuremerlangus

TBH tonight was 2 separate things; rubbish officials and we were rubbish too.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 00:33 - Jan 3 with 3846 viewsStNeotsBlue

I thought we were poor tonight, we created next to nothing throughout the game. But the officials were worse tonight there were at least two occasions in the 1st half where a ball that had clearly hit a Fulham player was given as a corner to them.

Spence's sending off was also daft on all counts, including Spence's, as Sears was fouled 5 yards in front of the linesman, if he'd have flagged the foul things may have been different.

The manner in which we rolled over after this was shocking though, one moment that stood out for me was when Sears, under no pressure, cleared the ball like a rugby player looking for touch. It made just past the half way line and from the throw in the next time a Town player touched the ball was Bart picking the ball out of the net for their second.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 0:37]
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 01:42 - Jan 3 with 3791 viewsnshearman1

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 00:33 - Jan 3 by StNeotsBlue

I thought we were poor tonight, we created next to nothing throughout the game. But the officials were worse tonight there were at least two occasions in the 1st half where a ball that had clearly hit a Fulham player was given as a corner to them.

Spence's sending off was also daft on all counts, including Spence's, as Sears was fouled 5 yards in front of the linesman, if he'd have flagged the foul things may have been different.

The manner in which we rolled over after this was shocking though, one moment that stood out for me was when Sears, under no pressure, cleared the ball like a rugby player looking for touch. It made just past the half way line and from the throw in the next time a Town player touched the ball was Bart picking the ball out of the net for their second.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 0:37]

Agree with most of this, but I thought we competed as well as could be expected in the first half, and worked our socks off.

One other point about the ref, though I may have missed this on other threads: he really should have sent the Fulham guy off who retaliated at Waghorn in much the same way and with a raised fist in injury time. The fact it was in injury time shouldn't have made the offence a yellow card. It would have been a red at any other point in the game.
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 07:35 - Jan 3 with 3725 viewsTractorWood

It tends to be how things go on here and has been for a long time. 4/5 posters tend to blame the ref if we lose, broadly however the game pans out. I think it's because they don't watch any football beyond Ipswich so their bias can just culminate over years and years. They also expect every fan to agree with every facet of their blue tinted blindness or you're part of the revolutionaries, hence why the majority of their threads are just conversations between 3 people.

That said, some wait until we lose or attendances are announced or their least favourite player has a bad game to start firing their agenda around.

I came on here this morning to check for:
- people gloating that Skuse didn't manage to make any difference
- people blaming the ref or insinuating he was at fault for a major decision that pervasively affected the game
- a thread slating Sears
- hundreds of references to the playoffs

All spotted within 30 seconds in a highly predicable loss to a decent that side that tore us apart in the same game last season.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 07:40 - Jan 3 with 3715 viewstextbackup

I remember mullet last season constantly crying over a few goals that didn’t get allowed. Make your own luck, it evens itself out over a season.

And regarding Spence lastnight how anyone can say it wasn’t a red is fcking beyond me, studs in shin and a push AFTER ball had gone. Pathetic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 3653 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Modern day problem in all walks of life.

Not matter what goes wrong there is always somebody/something to point a finger at and blame.

But I do think referees should have to talk to the media after a game and talk through the decisions they make.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 08:59 - Jan 3 with 3621 viewsJohnny_Boy

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 07:35 - Jan 3 by TractorWood

It tends to be how things go on here and has been for a long time. 4/5 posters tend to blame the ref if we lose, broadly however the game pans out. I think it's because they don't watch any football beyond Ipswich so their bias can just culminate over years and years. They also expect every fan to agree with every facet of their blue tinted blindness or you're part of the revolutionaries, hence why the majority of their threads are just conversations between 3 people.

That said, some wait until we lose or attendances are announced or their least favourite player has a bad game to start firing their agenda around.

I came on here this morning to check for:
- people gloating that Skuse didn't manage to make any difference
- people blaming the ref or insinuating he was at fault for a major decision that pervasively affected the game
- a thread slating Sears
- hundreds of references to the playoffs

All spotted within 30 seconds in a highly predicable loss to a decent that side that tore us apart in the same game last season.

- The scapegoating of Spence.
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 14:29 - Jan 3 with 3538 viewsSwn98

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 07:40 - Jan 3 by textbackup

I remember mullet last season constantly crying over a few goals that didn’t get allowed. Make your own luck, it evens itself out over a season.

And regarding Spence lastnight how anyone can say it wasn’t a red is fcking beyond me, studs in shin and a push AFTER ball had gone. Pathetic

The poor refereeing decision was not the Spence one it was the foul on Sears being ignored. We will not mention the 4 or five clear wrong decisions regarding throw ins and corners.
we obviously are not world beaters even less so with the injuries however its wrong decisions that can easily turn games.
Login to get fewer ads

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 3528 viewsHerbivore

The whole 'it evens itself out' line is nonsense though, as is 'you make your own luck' when it's patently obvious that the ref's decisions are out of our hands entirely. We have had some pretty shoddy decisions given or not give against us of late and I've not seen too many the other way to compensate. That's not an excuse though, Spence didn't have to retaliate last night and we should have beaten Wednesday with them having eleven men on the pitch. There's been a couple of others too though, so I look forward to a second half of the season of dodgy penalties for us and red cards galore for the opposition.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 3522 viewslongtimefan

I don’t think a single person has claimed it wasn’t a red card so I don’t know where that came from. What was pathetic was the Fulham player built like the proverbial outhouse rolling into the advertising boards having been “taken out” more than 5 yards inside the pitch.
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 15:00 - Jan 3 with 3491 viewstextbackup

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 14:42 - Jan 3 by longtimefan

I don’t think a single person has claimed it wasn’t a red card so I don’t know where that came from. What was pathetic was the Fulham player built like the proverbial outhouse rolling into the advertising boards having been “taken out” more than 5 yards inside the pitch.

Maybe check twitter, many saying it wasn’t a red

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 15:05 - Jan 3 with 3481 viewschristiand

Referees or match officials certainly don't help matters especially with the stakes being so high in the modern game, but they are human they make mistakes - like everyone else on that pitch. However, modern managers infuriate me when they blame one incident on the reason why their side has lost a game. Nothing to do with the team not being good enough over the course of the 90 minutes to beat the opposition. Nothing to do with the tactics or team selection of the manager which failed abysmally......NOOOO, it can't possibly be that!!!

The one thing I will say, is that you don't often hear MM accuse the match officials of costing us the game, even with Spence's sending off last night. Wish there was more of it that manager's hold their hands up and say we weren't good enough. Too easy to blame others, a reflection of our society these days unfortunately!!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 15:17]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 15:23 - Jan 3 with 3457 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

We are (fortunate?) that Mick very rarely mentions the Referee or officials, whereas any post match interview in the Prem or even press conference building up to games, managers can't help but single of the Ref for some sort of jibe..
Mourinho in particular is an odious little runt for this as he'll even dredge up some historical incident as to why the ref may not be particularly fair to his side in the upcoming fixture..

And as for announcing the Referee's a week or so in advance as if it's 'exciting news content' no one really cares.. Let them just turn up and get on with their jobs and not make a sideshow out of them before they've even blown a whistle.
Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 15:33 - Jan 3 with 3438 viewslongtimefan

Poor Reffing or just pathetic excuses?? on 15:00 - Jan 3 by textbackup

Maybe check twitter, many saying it wasn’t a red

Sorry don’t do Tw*tter
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024