Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our plans didn’t meet in the middle 08:17 - Mar 30 with 1458 viewsnodge_blue

That quote from mick suggests he wanted the opportunity to give it a real promotion push based on investment.

So whilst it’s no surprise, it sounds like little appetite to invest and therefore whoever comes in will be juggling bosmans. So it’s not a great carrot for prospective managers.

Mick suggests that only collective hard work is keeping us out of relegation.

It was time for him to go, but I’m not filled with much optimism.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Our plans didn’t meet in the middle on 08:26 - Mar 30 with 1417 viewshomer_123

So Mick has left and it looks like Evans isn't changing his by homer_123 29 Mar 2018 15:21
approach to how he's running the Club.

So, we need a manager who can:

1. Work within a very tight budget that is well down in comparison to others in the league.
2. Can use their network within the game to make the best of potential loan signings
3. Has an eye for a bargain
4. Can work with an young players and bring them through

Whilst the core of the team looks good on paper - we'll be losing the likes of Bart and Didz and depending on who comes in - there will clearly be some surplus to requirements.

Mick leaving doesn't make me many more excited about our future, with Evans continuing with his approach each year it will simply get more and more difficult for us to stay in this league, let alone compete for a play-off spot.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our plans didn’t meet in the middle on 08:31 - Mar 30 with 1401 viewsPlums

Then what we need is a coach and not a manager. I hope somebody tells Marcus the difference.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Our plans didn’t meet in the middle on 11:15 - Mar 30 with 1205 viewsTheBlueBarca

I don't think Mick going is going to be the magic wand the majority of people think it will be, I think it's still down to the constraints our manager will have to work with and a regularly reduced budget. It's going to take a miracle to get the club out of the mire now.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Our plans didn’t meet in the middle on 11:24 - Mar 30 with 1168 viewsPinewoodblue

Our plans didn’t meet in the middle on 11:15 - Mar 30 by TheBlueBarca

I don't think Mick going is going to be the magic wand the majority of people think it will be, I think it's still down to the constraints our manager will have to work with and a regularly reduced budget. It's going to take a miracle to get the club out of the mire now.

The article in the Guardian summed things up well. Mick lost his nerve, he became far too risk adversive. Had he not done so I'm sure things would not have deteriorated as much as they have. Mick will never admit it but he was the author of his own misfortune.

He also happens to be as pig-headed as Roy Keane which doesn't help.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024