Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an amazing Tour this year... 07:55 - Jul 26 with 1035 viewsSuperfrans

And what an incredible achievement if G can win it without starting as team leader. When was the last time THAT happened??

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/25/chris-froome-tour-de-france-gerain

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What an amazing Tour this year... on 08:05 - Jul 26 with 1007 viewsKeno

Fridays stage looks a bit of a b8gger
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 8:23]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What an amazing Tour this year... on 08:19 - Jul 26 with 980 viewsartsbossbeard

There was a little talk between GT and CF yesterday and whilst I'm no lip reader, it looked very much like a "leave me here, GT, go for it", which would appear to be a touch of class from the 4 time winner.

I also saw that Gilbert fractured his kneecap in that big descent fall but still rode 60km afterwards.

Mamby-pambly footballers.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What an amazing Tour this year... on 08:26 - Jul 26 with 957 viewsSuperfrans

What an amazing Tour this year... on 08:05 - Jul 26 by Keno

Fridays stage looks a bit of a b8gger
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 8:23]

If Froome is actually going to support G, that could be critical. Then you have the time trial on Saturday, which should work to G's strength too. But, yes, Friday is going to be massive.

What an amazing Tour this year... on 10:31 - Jul 26 with 886 viewsOldsmoker

It has been an amazing tour.
Sky have tried to control the race but I don't think they've been as succesful as in previous years. Ok, they have GT as no. 1 and Froome as no. 3 in the GC but they are third in the the team classification.
Peter Sagan has done his own thing as usual and it almost feels like he's taking the p*ss with the way he's grabbed the green jersey.
Alaphilipe has been the revelation for me in the polka dot jersey. Bardet was supposed to be a contender for that but he's not even in the top 10.
I don't feel sorry for Froome that he isn't going to win his fifth tour. He only wins because Sky is such a strong team.
But it's not over yet.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What an amazing Tour this year... on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 864 viewsSuperfrans

What an amazing Tour this year... on 10:31 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

It has been an amazing tour.
Sky have tried to control the race but I don't think they've been as succesful as in previous years. Ok, they have GT as no. 1 and Froome as no. 3 in the GC but they are third in the the team classification.
Peter Sagan has done his own thing as usual and it almost feels like he's taking the p*ss with the way he's grabbed the green jersey.
Alaphilipe has been the revelation for me in the polka dot jersey. Bardet was supposed to be a contender for that but he's not even in the top 10.
I don't feel sorry for Froome that he isn't going to win his fifth tour. He only wins because Sky is such a strong team.
But it's not over yet.

Hmmm. I don't agree that Froome only wins the tour because of Sky. You could possibly say that about G, I guess (although I'd not, because I love him!!), but Froome is the great talent of his generation in my book.

And, it is over bar the shouting, I reckon. Flat course today, climb tomorrow (with Froomey in support, G should be protected) and time trial on Saturday (G won't get turned over in that, barring some unforeseen calamity).

What an amazing Tour this year... on 11:36 - Jul 26 with 834 viewsOldsmoker

What an amazing Tour this year... on 10:54 - Jul 26 by Superfrans

Hmmm. I don't agree that Froome only wins the tour because of Sky. You could possibly say that about G, I guess (although I'd not, because I love him!!), but Froome is the great talent of his generation in my book.

And, it is over bar the shouting, I reckon. Flat course today, climb tomorrow (with Froomey in support, G should be protected) and time trial on Saturday (G won't get turned over in that, barring some unforeseen calamity).

I agree. Froome is an amazing talent. You don't win 4 TDF by not being one unless you're on drugs (Lance Armstrong).
Last year, Froome got into the yellow jersey early and was never challenged. That was mainly due to the power of the Sky team.
He even won a mountain stage by monstering up the last climb.
But this year, he's been second best to GT and its the team that's protected him and kept him in contention.
GT deserves the yellow jersey and like Froome he's not big headed about it.
Froome has sort of said he's riding to support GT to win the tour but that doesn't mean he's given up wanting to win it. If GT wins the TDF then I'm sure Froome will be the first to congratulate him.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024