Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah 15:12 - Aug 15 with 1079 viewsZedRodgers

Sorry to be the conveyor of positivity during all the Hurst doubt today but I think these two players look really comfortable in our midfield. From watching the Exeter highlights and listening in last night, I don't think either of them necessarily had a bad game. Chalobah has looked good in both of our league games and I think Edun looked sharp off the bench vs Blackburn

I understand the need for experience argument and that they are both on loan and we have our own talent to push through, but from the little I've seen they look like they really understand each other's games and work well together. - I would happily sacrifice Skuse to see these two alongside a Nolan type player.

It's not like Skuse wouldn't be just as effective off the bench to calm a game down if we are able to take the lead.

No, not at the moment

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:23 - Aug 15 with 1029 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have only been at two of the three games and so it is perhaps unfair to include what I listened to last night and saw from the highlights.

Edun and Chalobah appear to have put in the best performances out of anybody in the side so far this season. Nolan was great on Saturday and Edwards was the week before. Nsiala also looks very very capable.

On the contrary we have Bart, Chambers and Knudsen who have really struggled, Ward who has done okay and Sears who has struggled. I will say Chambers was decent against Blackburn and Jonas wasn't too bad at Rotherham in patches.

The quandary appears to be the left hand side. I would go with Chalobah, Edun and Nolan in midfield so I wonder if he might have a front three of Harrison, Jackson and Edwards. I believe Harrison could play on the left with Jackson central or Jackson on the right with Edwards switching to the left.

I appreciate this is a new culture and new system but if anything the central defender and captain and goalkeeper should not be struggling. I think Jonas you could say could take time to adjust due to the different demands. But there is no reason for Chambers to be struggling in this system.

Once the front 4 (if you include Nolan) are in sync it could be very exciting to watch. Edun and Chalobah though look like they could be fantastic together in there eventually.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:26 - Aug 15 with 1012 viewsWestcountryblue

I think a midfield trio of Edun - Chalobah - Dozzell might work.

Chalobah was superb last night in the defensive midfield role with his passing far superior to Skuse's. Also, these three have played quite a lot together at England youth levels.
I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:33 - Aug 15 with 977 viewsOsborneOneNil

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:26 - Aug 15 by Westcountryblue

Chalobah was superb last night in the defensive midfield role with his passing far superior to Skuse's. Also, these three have played quite a lot together at England youth levels.

Where does Nolan play?
I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:55 - Aug 15 with 924 viewsZedRodgers

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:33 - Aug 15 by OsborneOneNil

Where does Nolan play?

I'd like to see Dozzell coming off the bench for Edun or vice versa. Nolan should be given the opportunity as the attacking central midfielder in the starting XI given the history and success he's had in Hurst's system.

No, not at the moment

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 16:10 - Aug 15 with 866 viewsMetal_Hacker

I raved about Edun in another post yesterday and I honestly believe he's the real deal

When he came on at Rotherham we looked more balanced ,composed and he offered some fluidity going forwards

Both of them deserve a start in IMHO

Poll: If it were one or the other

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 17:00 - Aug 15 with 814 viewsCurrie10

I really like the look of Edun and Chalobah on 15:26 - Aug 15 by Westcountryblue

No chance we'd get pulled to pieces.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024