Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fine margins 12:20 - Aug 22 with 1451 viewsDubtractor

You'd think, reading on here, that we'd be played off the park each game so far.

In reality we've had two draws and been on the wrong side of fine margins in the other 2 games.

It's not great, and we really need to offer a more cohesive attacking threat, but let's not be too dramatic about things eh?

[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 12:21]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fine margins on 12:23 - Aug 22 with 1420 viewsRob88

You've turned a blind eye there to who we have played and the form they have been in.
Fine margins on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 1408 viewsDubtractor

Fine margins on 12:23 - Aug 22 by Rob88

You've turned a blind eye there to who we have played and the form they have been in.

Form is pretty much irrelevant after 3 or 4 games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fine margins on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 1410 viewsReuser_is_God

It's 4 games into the season, there is literally no form to go on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fine margins on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 1400 viewsHerbivore

The notion of 'form' 4 games into the season is a bit of an odd one for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fine margins on 12:30 - Aug 22 with 1382 viewsSteve_M

That's true and the first half last night was good which has been largely forgotten. It's also fair to highlight a couple of repeated failings - the lack of goals and the fading in the second half in every game bar Villa.

I'm less concerned by last night than I was after Rotherham, I think Hurst is getting more right as we go along but my big concern remains the lack of experience and quality in attack. It's been a risk since it became clear that Waghorn would be going and was compounded by the loss of Garner.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fine margins on 12:34 - Aug 22 with 1348 viewsRob88

Fine margins on 12:25 - Aug 22 by Reuser_is_God

It's 4 games into the season, there is literally no form to go on.

That was a poor Derby performance.
Fine margins on 12:37 - Aug 22 with 1340 viewshomer_123

Fine margins on 12:30 - Aug 22 by Steve_M

That's true and the first half last night was good which has been largely forgotten. It's also fair to highlight a couple of repeated failings - the lack of goals and the fading in the second half in every game bar Villa.

I'm less concerned by last night than I was after Rotherham, I think Hurst is getting more right as we go along but my big concern remains the lack of experience and quality in attack. It's been a risk since it became clear that Waghorn would be going and was compounded by the loss of Garner.

Factor in the confidence issue of not getting a win on the board as well Steve. For those players making the step up, they need a win I feel to get that confidence and belief going.

We are lightweight up front in this division, both in quality and physicality.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Fine margins on 12:38 - Aug 22 with 1330 viewsBasuco

Especially when you remember Grant Wards shot was deflected into the arms of Scott Carson and Joe Ledleys shot deflected away from Bart.
Login to get fewer ads

Fine margins on 12:42 - Aug 22 with 1311 viewsRob88

Fine margins on 12:37 - Aug 22 by homer_123

Factor in the confidence issue of not getting a win on the board as well Steve. For those players making the step up, they need a win I feel to get that confidence and belief going.

We are lightweight up front in this division, both in quality and physicality.

I took more heart from our defence last night than our ability to attack.

Watch the match highlights and you will see what I mean i.e. the complete absence of an Ipswich highlight.

Surprisingly the match stats showed us having two shots on target but they must have both passed me by.

There were some positives that people have already highlighted and I have already mentioned but a lack of an attacking presence is a big concern. We are fortunate however that it is the start of the season..........
Fine margins on 12:46 - Aug 22 with 1299 viewsFenboyBlue

This slow start can't help but remind me of that really slow start under Roy Keane where we went a silly-long-time before winning. I'm sure the phrase "Fine Margins" was used a lot then. Obviously I hope this non-winning streak doesn't continue. Just hold yer nerves people , it will come good.
Fine margins on 12:52 - Aug 22 with 1249 viewsGuthrum

Fine margins on 12:46 - Aug 22 by FenboyBlue

This slow start can't help but remind me of that really slow start under Roy Keane where we went a silly-long-time before winning. I'm sure the phrase "Fine Margins" was used a lot then. Obviously I hope this non-winning streak doesn't continue. Just hold yer nerves people , it will come good.

Didn't win until the 31st October (only had two points from seven games up to the middle of September), but still finished 15th, well clear of the danger zone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fine margins on 12:54 - Aug 22 with 1234 viewsOsborneOneNil

Fine margins on 12:34 - Aug 22 by Rob88

That was a poor Derby performance.

Indeed, and an unfortunate defeat for us, in no way deserved. IMO.
Fine margins on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 1211 viewsBlueBadger

Fine margins on 12:46 - Aug 22 by FenboyBlue

I'd imagine we'd get a win before then, what with Hurst being considerably more competent than Keane, but I can see the parallels.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fine margins on 13:01 - Aug 22 with 1196 viewsOsborneOneNil

Fine margins on 12:42 - Aug 22 by Rob88

Watch the match highlights and you will see what I mean i.e. the complete absence of an Ipswich highlight.

Surprisingly the match stats showed us having two shots on target but they must have both passed me by.

There were some positives that people have already highlighted and I have already mentioned but a lack of an attacking presence is a big concern. We are fortunate however that it is the start of the season..........

Ward & Jackson - shots on target.
Fine margins on 13:29 - Aug 22 with 1133 viewsBlueBadger

Fine margins on 12:52 - Aug 22 by Guthrum

Didn't win until the 31st October (only had two points from seven games up to the middle of September), but still finished 15th, well clear of the danger zone.

'Playoff form' I believe it was called.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fine margins on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 1104 viewsGuthrum

Fine margins on 12:42 - Aug 22 by Rob88

Both caught by their 'keeper. One of them a Nolan long-range effort.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024