Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 23:09 - Sep 18 with 1748 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There is definitely a player in there. Worked his socks off today and with a better end product, might turn out to be a brilliant signing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kayden Jackson on 23:14 - Sep 18 with 1710 viewsStewart27

Agreed.

With a run in the team and correct coaching he could be a real asset. Needs to work on when he has the ball at his feet. Brentford were happy letting him run the channels with the ball second half as there was a lack of end product.

Early days but generally excited by him.
Kayden Jackson on 07:55 - Sep 19 with 1520 viewspatrickswell

His goal and the overhead kick that hit the bar suggest that he can do spontaneous and instinctive very well - but to not even force a save out of Bentley with the one on one leads me to wonder whether he has the composure needed for a striker at this level. Failure to take chances like that, combined with our crappy defending will send us down. And we will go down. We will draw too many at home and lose far too many away, but if we perform like we did in the second half more often, we have a chance.
Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Sep 19 with 1443 viewsblueconscience

Kayden Jackson on 07:55 - Sep 19 by patrickswell

His goal and the overhead kick that hit the bar suggest that he can do spontaneous and instinctive very well - but to not even force a save out of Bentley with the one on one leads me to wonder whether he has the composure needed for a striker at this level. Failure to take chances like that, combined with our crappy defending will send us down. And we will go down. We will draw too many at home and lose far too many away, but if we perform like we did in the second half more often, we have a chance.

So you are defining a player based on one shot?

Even world class strikers hit shots like that, (I am not saying Jackson is world class btw 🙂)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:49]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Sep 19 with 1441 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson on 07:55 - Sep 19 by patrickswell

Think it's a bit early to write him off based on a one on one at the end of a match.

He's not going to be Salah.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson on 08:47 - Sep 19 with 1424 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

Think it's a bit early to write him off based on a one on one at the end of a match.

He's not going to be Salah.

SB

He was knackered by then and his first touch took him a bit wide, it was a good run though and second half he made quite a few good runs. At times, especially first half, he played on his heels a bit and his movement wasn't what it needed to be but he improved second half and took his goal well. There is definitely a player in there but like many of the players he needs time on the pitch in a more settled team and system.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 09:13 - Sep 19 with 1345 viewsWickets

Needs to be coached by Terry Conner , has he got a job yet?
Kayden Jackson on 13:31 - Sep 19 with 1210 viewstrev1991

Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Sep 19 by blueconscience

So you are defining a player based on one shot?

Even world class strikers hit shots like that, (I am not saying Jackson is world class btw 🙂)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:49]

To be fair those saying 'theres a player in there' are basing it on one shot too - a headed goal.

I can't say I think he's anywhere near good enough. He has a little bit of pace which allows us to stretch play at times but isn't an intelligent runner, doesn't look to have any tricks or quick change of direction to beat a player, seems an average at best finisher too.

Early doors of course but he doesn't look like a championship forward to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024