Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
00:33 - Sep 27 with 1313 views_

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:37 - Sep 27 with 1290 viewsconnorscontract

He's red hot right now. I put on one of the shows on this tour.

Was Rosie Jones supporting Nish? She had the audience eating out of the palm of her hand at my gig.
on 00:40 - Sep 27 with 1283 views_

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:37 - Sep 27 by connorscontract

Was Rosie Jones supporting Nish? She had the audience eating out of the palm of her hand at my gig.

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:47 - Sep 27 with 1260 viewsconnorscontract

on 00:40 - Sep 27 by _

If you get the chance to see either Tony Law or Mae Martin's current sets then I can recommend them both.

Tony has had some bad times in recent years but this new show is stronger than anything I've seen him do. Whilst in the past I'd have described him as a surrealist comedian, now he's fully embracing "batsh1t crazy", and playing with the idea of his own tortured mental state. It's clever, clearly free therapy for him, but above all abso-fcking-lutely hilarious.

Mae Martin's show is about her journey through to coming out as a lesbian. It is very humane and touching as well as very funny.

I want to book them both!
Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 01:28 - Sep 27 with 1230 viewsjeera

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:47 - Sep 27 by connorscontract

If you get the chance to see either Tony Law or Mae Martin's current sets then I can recommend them both.

Tony has had some bad times in recent years but this new show is stronger than anything I've seen him do. Whilst in the past I'd have described him as a surrealist comedian, now he's fully embracing "batsh1t crazy", and playing with the idea of his own tortured mental state. It's clever, clearly free therapy for him, but above all abso-fcking-lutely hilarious.

Mae Martin's show is about her journey through to coming out as a lesbian. It is very humane and touching as well as very funny.

I've seen her on the Live from the BBC series. Funny girl.

Nish too and several others for that matter: Josie Long, Acaster etc.

Good show where they get to bare a it of themselves it feels; has a bit of a raw touch to it if you know what I mean.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 07:46 - Sep 27 with 1082 viewsWeWereZombies

Sounds a bit more biting than Paul Sinha, who I saw as the headliner at the BBC Asian Comedy night in Edinburgh on my way back from FolkEast, he was good but quietly running the 'my sh1t life so far' theme.

Someone who did impress me was a comedienne called Jay Lafferty at a showcase of quarter hour slots at The Stand. I'd gone in because the headliner was Karen Brady (whose head shaking has just become a blur of lipstick - and a bit worrying) who was nicely challenging but Jay Lafferty was nicey nice as a precursor to very challenging. Next time I travel south I will probably do so with an eye on catching her full set, 'Besoms', in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Also impressed by a manc called Josh Jones (if you have well groomed male friends make sure they sit in the front row) and a lad from Romford called Kit Sullivan.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:00 - Sep 27 with 1030 viewsfactual_blue

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:37 - Sep 27 by connorscontract

We're going to see Marcus Brigstocke at The Apex next week. I'd be interested in what you think of him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 09:14 - Sep 27 with 1017 views_

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 00:47 - Sep 27 by connorscontract

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:16 - Sep 27 with 1017 viewsElderGrizzly

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:00 - Sep 27 by factual_blue

We're going to see Marcus Brigstocke at The Apex next week. I'd be interested in what you think of him.

Hal Cruttenden was superb at the Junction last week. Think he’s at the Apex next month.

Romesh Ranganatham was great at the Apex last year too
Login to get fewer ads

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:18 - Sep 27 with 1011 viewsfactual_blue

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:16 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

Hal Cruttenden was superb at the Junction last week. Think he’s at the Apex next month.

Yes we saw Romesh at the Apex last year, and Hal Cruttenden a few years ago at Cambridge Corn Exchange. That was as the support act for somebody or another (can't remember). He was clearly going places.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:18 - Sep 27 with 1009 viewsDeano69

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 09:16 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

Romesh is in Ipswich next November (2019)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

on 14:06 - Sep 27 with 908 views_

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 14:13 - Sep 27 with 892 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 01:28 - Sep 27 by jeera

I've seen her on the Live from the BBC series. Funny girl.

Nish too and several others for that matter: Josie Long, Acaster etc.

Good show where they get to bare a it of themselves it feels; has a bit of a raw touch to it if you know what I mean.

Can't seem to warm to Josie Long.. I'm sure she can be quite funny, but what I've seen of her has irritated me
on 14:18 - Sep 27 with 886 views_

Nish Kumar - The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on 14:13 - Sep 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Can't seem to warm to Josie Long.. I'm sure she can be quite funny, but what I've seen of her has irritated me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024