Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone was chatting about economic growth and how the gdp measure of growth 13:47 - Oct 11 with 730 viewsgiant_stow

is flawed... just came across this article on Bhutan being carbon negative:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/11/asia/bhutan-carbon-negative/index.html

...And how they don't measure economic well-being by gdp, but rather "Gross National Happiness": http://www.gnhcentrebhutan.org/what-is-gnh/

....just in case whoever it was is interested.

Edit: after several attempts, the above nearly makes sense now - woo!

[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 13:51]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Someone was chatting about how economic growth and the gdp measure of growth on 13:54 - Oct 11 with 708 viewsJ2BLUE

Not thinking that money is the most important thing? Madness!

It's all about the economy. Load up on debt people and buy crap you can't afford and don't need because the economy needs you! Up to your eyeballs in debt? Get a new credit card with 0% on purchases for the next two years! Roll that debt over with a 0% balance transfer and keep on spending! The music will never stop, we promise!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Someone was chatting about how economic growth and the gdp measure of growth on 13:56 - Oct 11 with 704 viewsStokieBlue

Someone was chatting about how economic growth and the gdp measure of growth on 13:54 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Not thinking that money is the most important thing? Madness!

It's all about the economy. Load up on debt people and buy crap you can't afford and don't need because the economy needs you! Up to your eyeballs in debt? Get a new credit card with 0% on purchases for the next two years! Roll that debt over with a 0% balance transfer and keep on spending! The music will never stop, we promise!

BDS hacked your account?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Someone was chatting about economic growth and how the gdp measure of growth on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 672 viewsNo9

MacDonald didn't get the to clear the forests to grow beef cattle
Sensible government
Someone was chatting about how economic growth and the gdp measure of growth on 14:25 - Oct 11 with 653 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone was chatting about how economic growth and the gdp measure of growth on 13:56 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

BDS hacked your account?

SB

I wouldn't call myself a slave and I don't have anything against the banks in theory. Without them I would have no mortgage and i'd be paying far more than I pay now and getting no equity in return.

The endless pursuit of profit gets to me though. We're more worried about the share prices of companies than we are about the workers getting a fair deal. We're more worried about the values of our homes than whether people can afford to buy a home of their own even when the increase is irrelevant unless you plan on selling the property. We're more worried about being able to go out on bank holidays and look around the same shops we look around the rest of the time than whether people get to spend time with their families. We're more worried about 'the strictly curse' than anything which actually matters. We're more worried about what colour tie our politicians are wearing than what they are actually saying. Etc etc.

No, I don't have any solutions, i'm just venting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Someone was chatting about economic growth and how the gdp measure of growth on 14:34 - Oct 11 with 636 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fascinating country. I visited a few times for work around the time the King decided he ought to give the people a democratic government. It was surprising how many people were against it as he was well-liked and the country well run. Who says we have to have democracy?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone was chatting about economic growth and how the gdp measure of growth on 14:37 - Oct 11 with 627 viewsNo9

Someone was chatting about economic growth and how the gdp measure of growth on 14:34 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

Fascinating country. I visited a few times for work around the time the King decided he ought to give the people a democratic government. It was surprising how many people were against it as he was well-liked and the country well run. Who says we have to have democracy?

& why do politicians have to abuse democracy?
Maybe a fully engaged, active King would be good and there is a great big BUT!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024