Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sorry saga of Coventry City continues 09:53 - Nov 28 with 1576 viewsSteve_M

They might not be playing in Coventry again next season:

http://twohundredpercent.net/coventry-city-151-days/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:03 - Nov 28 with 1526 viewsRadlett_blue

Sisu are the real sharks here, still trying to salvage something from a failed speculative investment. They were only ever interested in the stadium, not the club. However, Coventry were to some extents architects of their own misfortune by moving to a new ground, over which they didn't have full control.
Sisu are still trying to play legal hard-ball with Wasps, to little effect as it does seem that they are now the legitimate owners of the ground. Coventry's options are to climb down & stay as tenants of Wasps or try to build another ground, which Sisu won't be remotely interested in funding.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:10 - Nov 28 with 1504 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The full time results are in, and Sisu have been well and truly thrashed by Wasps.

Wasps 10 - Sisu 0

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:18 - Nov 28 with 1473 viewsGuthrum

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:10 - Nov 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

The full time results are in, and Sisu have been well and truly thrashed by Wasps.

Wasps 10 - Sisu 0

Sounds like more than just one converted try and a penalty. A thrashing is 30-40 points.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:19 - Nov 28 with 1467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:18 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

Sounds like more than just one converted try and a penalty. A thrashing is 30-40 points.

I was using a football analogy.

But feel free to use a rugby analogy.

I guess we need a hybrid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:22 - Nov 28 with 1460 viewsmonty_radio

The clue is in the name - Sisu is a Finnish word which relates to that country's grit and absolute stickability to maintain their culture.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:23 - Nov 28 with 1453 viewsGuthrum

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:19 - Nov 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was using a football analogy.

But feel free to use a rugby analogy.

I guess we need a hybrid.

Aussie Rules?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:23]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:25 - Nov 28 with 1446 viewsBluefish

Be careful what you wish for with Marcus out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:29 - Nov 28 with 1438 viewsRadlett_blue

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:25 - Nov 28 by Bluefish

Yes, in a few years time some of us could wistfully be yearning for the halcyon days of Evans & McCarthy.
It could happen - the dreadful Duncan years have taken on a rosy hue after the last 10 years of largely dross.

Login to get fewer ads

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:55 - Nov 28 with 1378 viewsGeoffSentence

Couldn't resist clicking the 'clubs in crisis' link to see if we were there.

We're not. Huzzah!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 11:00 - Nov 28 with 1355 viewsLeagueOne

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 10:25 - Nov 28 by Bluefish

I don't see how this relates? We're lucky the club doesn't own the ground?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 12:00 - Nov 28 with 1270 viewsRadlett_blue

The sorry saga of Coventry City continues on 11:00 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

I don't see how this relates? We're lucky the club doesn't own the ground?

I think he's making the point that we could have a far worse owner than Evans.
Yes, the fact that Town don't own the ground makes the club unattractive to asset strippers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024