Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? 00:42 - Dec 27 with 2431 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Is it time for PL to go 5 at the back and try and sort our defensive frailties out ?

Bring Bart Back also? I would go with
Bart

Chambers Nsiala Pennington
Cotter/Spence Kenlock
Chalaboh Downes Dozzell
Sears Harrison

Have to try something different IMO

Some will crucify me but I don't think Spence or Knudsen have done enough although with Cotter not playing a game I can't seem him anywhere near a start.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 0:42]

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 00:52 - Dec 27 with 2403 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our entire defence (bar Pennington maybe) has been a disaster so it is not only Spence and Knudsen.
Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 00:55 - Dec 27 with 2395 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 00:52 - Dec 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Our entire defence (bar Pennington maybe) has been a disaster so it is not only Spence and Knudsen.

I don't think Chamber or Pennington have been as bad as Spence or Knudsen ! They have been poor, Chambers and Pennington have been exposed as full backs missing IMO

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 10:25 - Dec 27 with 2208 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Agreed as none of them are comfortable on the ball.
As not required by MMs tactics.
Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 10:37 - Dec 27 with 2193 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why would you drop Gerken? Have you seen Bart play this season?

The only reason you suggest Cotter is because MM mentioned him in an interview a week or so ago.

Aside from that, yes, I think 5 at the back and play for a 0-0 for matches against sides in the top 8 is a good idea. Try to snatch one on the break which might suit Jackson better than Harrison. It might suit Nolan better than Dozzell too. Does PL think Nsiala is good enough to bring in? As a unit that defence needs to improve. Chambers was trying to play offside while Chalobah tracked back behind him for the second goal yesterday. Extra bodies in there will only make organisation trickier.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 10:38 - Dec 27 with 2193 viewsWestcountryblue

I don't think the defence has done too much wrong to be honest. Our problems in the last game came from wayward passing and the midfield not pushing/playing high enough up the pitch.

I'd go for

Bart
Donacien Chambers Pennington Knudsen
Chalobah, Downes, Bishop/Dozzell
Edwards Harrison Sears

Nolan's work rate and willingness to tackle was appalling yesterday. You can't simply trot alongside a player for 20-30 yards without applying some form of pressure to the player carrying the ball !
Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 2097 viewsmaccyd9

Can't see the system changing but I'd personally shake it up.

I'd bring in Donacien as the right wing back, Pennington, Chambo, Knudsen as the 3, Kenlock in at left wing back, a midfield 3 of Trev, Downes and Bishop if fit with Sears and Jackson up top.

We won't get nothing at all out of their back 4 in the air, so we can only hope we can get balls in behind them for willing runners. Harrison can't do that but Jackson can. Get Bishop in there to look for those threaded balls in and pray the energy of the wing backs can help going forward and that without the ball it goes back to a 5.

Problem with that is we are trying to nick the game 1-0. If we concede, we are stuffed.

Of course, I'd prefer we just went there and went for it. Almost take is a freebie and go Jackson, Harrison, Sears up top.
Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 13:25 - Dec 27 with 2090 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is what I'd do

Gerken
Donacien, Chalaboh, Chambers, Kenlock
Edwards, Bishop, Downes, Roberts
Sears, Harrison

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:05 - Dec 27 with 2020 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 10:37 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

The only reason you suggest Cotter is because MM mentioned him in an interview a week or so ago.

Aside from that, yes, I think 5 at the back and play for a 0-0 for matches against sides in the top 8 is a good idea. Try to snatch one on the break which might suit Jackson better than Harrison. It might suit Nolan better than Dozzell too. Does PL think Nsiala is good enough to bring in? As a unit that defence needs to improve. Chambers was trying to play offside while Chalobah tracked back behind him for the second goal yesterday. Extra bodies in there will only make organisation trickier.

I have been to all home games this season and seen two away on TV Spence cannot defend he cannot concentrate. I saw Cotter play last season hence thinking he was worth a shout ! I don't need to listen to the Dinosaur to make my own mind up thanks !

With 3/ 5 at the back you have to have a leader and someone watching the line its not rocket science they are professional after all.

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:06 - Dec 27 with 2015 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 10:37 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would like to point out that Gerkin has been worse than Bart IMO He doesn't control his box or demand like Bart ! We know theres a keeper in Bart the same cannot be said about Gerkin. If you went to the last home game you would of seen that he can't kick for toffee

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:43 - Dec 27 with 1973 viewsMrTown

Something has to change. We look horrendous at the back.

Bialkowski
Donacien - Nsiala - Chambers - Knudsen
Nolan - Chalobah - Downes
Lankester - Harrison - Sears

Would only add in Donacien and Nsiala because we look like children at the back, and the addition of them 2, they can add a lot of more heigh, Boro are a physical side. Depends whether PL trusts them.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:53 - Dec 27 with 1954 viewsLankHenners

Pennington's probably made more individual errors which have led to goals than any other defender. Or tied with Spence, perhaps, as the latter fails to stop the cross/make it difficult to put in a good one and the former wanders off into no-man's land and leaves a free header.

No real point in defensive personnel changes yet until we get someone like CCV in January. Nsiala's hardly an improvement and Donacien clearly isn't seen as a RB and looks weak at CB so not a lot that can happen other than continued drills working on organisation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 1869 viewsMrTown

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:53 - Dec 27 by LankHenners

Pennington's probably made more individual errors which have led to goals than any other defender. Or tied with Spence, perhaps, as the latter fails to stop the cross/make it difficult to put in a good one and the former wanders off into no-man's land and leaves a free header.

No real point in defensive personnel changes yet until we get someone like CCV in January. Nsiala's hardly an improvement and Donacien clearly isn't seen as a RB and looks weak at CB so not a lot that can happen other than continued drills working on organisation.

I think actually Spence and Pennington have also made the most individual errors, I also don’t think pennington is a presence enough to be a centre half. I can’t work out Spencer’s at all, he is probably and average League 1 player at best.

Musial a worries me if he is put under serious pressure. But he is a massive presence, strong and physical, and without doubt the best header in the team, and currently we cannot defend crosses for sh1t. I actually think Donacien had been decent for us a Right Back. Likewise adds a presence.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 21:39 - Dec 27 with 1824 views44_not_out

Team for Middlesboro Defencive Change ? on 17:43 - Dec 27 by MrTown

Something has to change. We look horrendous at the back.

Bialkowski
Donacien - Nsiala - Chambers - Knudsen
Nolan - Chalobah - Downes
Lankester - Harrison - Sears

Would only add in Donacien and Nsiala because we look like children at the back, and the addition of them 2, they can add a lot of more heigh, Boro are a physical side. Depends whether PL trusts them.

Because Nsiala makes me feel so much more confident. Good grief man, he is truly awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024