Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remembering Ted Phillips 18:32 - Jan 8 with 1299 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Gone a year ago today. I think he deserves as much as the Beat does when all this talk of a statue is going on. It does annoy me he seems forgotten about. Surely a series of Stars on pavement on Portman Road for all the greats would be better rather than another statue.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 19:41]

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Remembering Ted Phillips on 18:34 - Jan 8 with 1279 viewsCuffy81

My dad's cousin

Rip Ted gutted I never got to see you in the flesh
Remembering Ted Phillips on 19:23 - Jan 8 with 1201 viewsitfcjoe

Personally I agree, we are a club that is fortunate to have a number of true legends - I'd like to see a Walk of Fame, or some Bronze Busts somewhere to celebrate all of them rather than a statue for one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Remembering Ted Phillips on 19:58 - Jan 8 with 1147 viewsMullet

Remembering Ted Phillips on 19:23 - Jan 8 by itfcjoe

Personally I agree, we are a club that is fortunate to have a number of true legends - I'd like to see a Walk of Fame, or some Bronze Busts somewhere to celebrate all of them rather than a statue for one

It's definitely one of the better ideas. Sadly Ted probably didn't leave nearly as many fans behind because of his own longevity, which means he's probably not as tangible as the Beat was either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Remembering Ted Phillips on 20:56 - Jan 8 with 1097 viewsrfretwell

Remembering Ted Phillips on 19:58 - Jan 8 by Mullet

It's definitely one of the better ideas. Sadly Ted probably didn't leave nearly as many fans behind because of his own longevity, which means he's probably not as tangible as the Beat was either.

Sir Alfs great and amazing team outdid SBRs great team in being crowned Football League Champions. A walk of fame would be brilliant to remember them by and for future generations of Town fans.
Remembering Ted Phillips on 21:02 - Jan 8 with 1076 viewsPJH

Remembering Ted Phillips on 19:58 - Jan 8 by Mullet

I will never forget Ted's words to me at some point between 1961 and 1965-"Your pen's run out boy".

Whilst I am very much in favour of the Kevin Beattie statue it would be nice if that 1961/62 team could have a lasting tribute somewhere other than in the head's of us that were lucky enough to be there at the time.
Remembering Ted Phillips on 21:34 - Jan 8 with 1030 viewsPendejo

Like your idea, but prefer mine of a friezes of SAR & 2 SBR teams - champions of England, FA & UEFA cup winners.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024