Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well mr Samuel 20:10 - Jan 9 with 1234 viewsFtnfwest

As Stoke fans ‘hounded out’ Rowett because of his ‘boring’ football, I look forward to your article tomorrow telling them to be careful what they wish for
Well mr Samuel on 20:38 - Jan 9 with 1126 viewspointofblue

Be fair, it’s very different to here - Rowett was widely viewed as being an under-achiever at Stoke; Mick was seen as an over-achiever here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well mr Samuel on 20:49 - Jan 9 with 1089 viewsFtnfwest

Well mr Samuel on 20:38 - Jan 9 by pointofblue

Be fair, it’s very different to here - Rowett was widely viewed as being an under-achiever at Stoke; Mick was seen as an over-achiever here.

I’m really no fan of rowett don’t get me wrong but 8 months (rather than 6 years) is a bit unfair to make that comparison. Wasn’t exactly hurst like in his ‘failure’. Was a bit of an odd appointment for them though.
Well mr Samuel on 20:59 - Jan 9 with 1052 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We’re bottom of the league, 10 points from safety. Telling us to be careful what we wish for has been emphatically proved right, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Well mr Samuel on 21:00 - Jan 9 with 1048 viewsJ4ck22

I don't think the football would have been as much of a problem if Stoke were near the top where they should be and weren't massively underachieving with that squad.
Well mr Samuel on 21:04 - Jan 9 with 1013 viewsSuperblue95

Well mr Samuel on 20:49 - Jan 9 by Ftnfwest

I’m really no fan of rowett don’t get me wrong but 8 months (rather than 6 years) is a bit unfair to make that comparison. Wasn’t exactly hurst like in his ‘failure’. Was a bit of an odd appointment for them though.

Well Stokes expectation was probably automatic promotion. Ours was probably to avoid relegation relatively comfortably. Looking at it that way, they are about as far off their objective as we currently are off ours so his ‘failure’ wasn’t all that dissimilar

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Well mr Samuel on 21:11 - Jan 9 with 984 viewsFtnfwest

Well mr Samuel on 20:59 - Jan 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We’re bottom of the league, 10 points from safety. Telling us to be careful what we wish for has been emphatically proved right, unfortunately

Yes indeed but the OP is about stoke. Our failure is thanks to the owner and not wholly because of the financial position but just as much, if not more, his failure to insert people at the top of the club who actually know the game rather than get some pointers from the outgoing manager as he’s done on a few occasions now....oh and Harry of course
Well mr Samuel on 21:12 - Jan 9 with 976 viewsFtnfwest

Well mr Samuel on 21:04 - Jan 9 by Superblue95

Well Stokes expectation was probably automatic promotion. Ours was probably to avoid relegation relatively comfortably. Looking at it that way, they are about as far off their objective as we currently are off ours so his ‘failure’ wasn’t all that dissimilar

No doubt, certainly a strange appointment in hindsight
Well mr Samuel on 21:54 - Jan 9 with 899 viewsbraveblue

Well mr Samuel on 20:38 - Jan 9 by pointofblue

Not by many of us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024