Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD 10:34 - Jun 23 with 3555 viewsHolyGoalie

I'm sorry, but clearly most on here would rather watch cheating in football because its more fun than enjoy a game that isn't overrun by scandalous scallywags and diving jessies. I see people critique the fact that people in a room are watching the game on the telly and making decisions based on what they saw at home watching TV and making decisions.

Its like saying I don't enjoy Formula 1 because they're not allowed to have a bash now and again. For a board overrun by liberal free thinkers we don't seem to be very liberal and free thinking with our footballs.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:38 - Jun 23 with 2118 viewsballycastle

Hopefully see a lot of retaken penalties next season, encroachment and line leaving.
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:42 - Jun 23 with 2103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's about protecting the sport from pedantry and maintaining spontaneity.

If someone is a cm offside or a goalie is a cm off their line, they are not gaining an advantage, and the game was never meant to be ruled to the milimetre.

Most people are not a it VAR provided that it is used correctly.

When it was introduced, the phrase 'clear and obvious error" was used to justify it... and if that was stuck to it would work.

But it is being used as a default / checking system instead.

VAR is ok, the implementation is a disaster.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:48 - Jun 23 with 2100 viewsballycastle

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:42 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

If someone is a cm offside or a goalie is a cm off their line, they are not gaining an advantage, and the game was never meant to be ruled to the milimetre.

When it was introduced, the phrase 'clear and obvious error" was used to justify it... and if that was stuck to it would work.

I'm going to go full pedant and hope that VAR confirms that the ball is in part of the corner quadrant.
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:49 - Jun 23 with 2092 viewssundaze

VAR in principle is good, however in practice it is not working in football in it's present form.

Football is a free flowing game, crowds on the edge of their seat in a end to end game, a goal is scored and the crowds go mad with excitement.
Now if there has been a clear and obvious foul in the build up to the goal, VAR should be checked and the decision reversed. However, if it is used to call offside for a toe nail offside, it is wrong. What happened to the attacker given the benefit of the doubt?
Crowds will stop cheering when a goal is scored, players and fans will be looking at the ref waiting to see if it is a goal or a VAR check.
The game will not be the same as it was intended to be over a hundred years ago, is it being done for the sake of football, or the sake of the TV companies?

You can't compare it with F1, they don't stop the race every time there is an incident. This is the problem with VAR in football, too many long stops to review the game.
Why does the ref need to look at the screen once the VAR team have deemed it a wrong decision? We all know it will be reversed.
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:49 - Jun 23 with 2089 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:48 - Jun 23 by ballycastle

I'm going to go full pedant and hope that VAR confirms that the ball is in part of the corner quadrant.

https://giphy.com/gifs/thesimpsons-the-simpsons-6x25-3o6Mb3cfprMWDRbZD2

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:55 - Jun 23 with 2061 viewsGeoffSentence

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:48 - Jun 23 by ballycastle

You would need to have a camera directly over the ball to determine that.

I never know why people get quite so het up over it, especially as you can't tell the ball has been positioned incorrectly unless you are looking at if from above.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:06 - Jun 23 with 2030 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:55 - Jun 23 by GeoffSentence

You would need to have a camera directly over the ball to determine that.

I never know why people get quite so het up over it, especially as you can't tell the ball has been positioned incorrectly unless you are looking at if from above.

I think he's just being a rascal!

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:07 - Jun 23 with 2029 viewsGeoffSentence

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:06 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he's just being a rascal!

A bally rascal!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 2009 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 10:42 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Maintaining spontaneity is a convoluted way to say allowing cheating.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:18 - Jun 23 with 2003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:16 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

I have given my opinion.

Agree to differ.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:22 - Jun 23 with 1998 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:18 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have given my opinion.

Agree to differ.

In a way I admire people like you I really do. Not afraid to give an opinion even if it is so dreadfully wrong. Shame that opinion is endorsing cheating in football mind you.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:24 - Jun 23 with 1988 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:22 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

In a way I admire people like you I really do. Not afraid to give an opinion even if it is so dreadfully wrong. Shame that opinion is endorsing cheating in football mind you.

Keep trying sweetheart. X x

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:26 - Jun 23 with 1987 viewsTrequartista

You are missing the point entirely. There has been little or no attempts at cheating in the womens world cup and yet var has been an utter farce.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:27 - Jun 23 with 1984 viewsPJH

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:16 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

Quite right.
Looking forward to games kicking off(once VAR has checked the kickoff)at 1945 and finishing at 2315.
Will play hell with SKY schedules though.
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:27 - Jun 23 with 1982 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:26 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

You are missing the point entirely. There has been little or no attempts at cheating in the womens world cup and yet var has been an utter farce.

'There has been little or no attempts at cheating in the womens world cup'

VAR doing the trick then.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:38 - Jun 23 with 1960 viewsTrequartista

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:27 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

'There has been little or no attempts at cheating in the womens world cup'

VAR doing the trick then.

Well that would mean previous women's tournaments were full of diving and cheating for that to be feasible. I find that extremely hard to believe

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:41 - Jun 23 with 1950 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:38 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

Well that would mean previous women's tournaments were full of diving and cheating for that to be feasible. I find that extremely hard to believe

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:54 - Jun 23 with 1926 viewsronnyd

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:41 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

The Aussie player, Kerr, was constantly wingeing to the ref in last nights game. Bit of karma when she skied the first pen way over the bar. Good game though.
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:54 - Jun 23 with 1924 viewsTrequartista

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:41 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

Is that link going to be one example of cheating? Come on.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:56 - Jun 23 with 1923 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:54 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

Is that link going to be one example of cheating? Come on.

it is when you consider that fact that she was never sent off.

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 1917 viewsTrequartista

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:56 - Jun 23 by HolyGoalie

it is when you consider that fact that she was never sent off.

I am not questioning the quality of your example i'm questioning that 1 example in 1 game in the history of womens football constitutes diving and cheating being prevalent in the game before this tournament

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 12:03 - Jun 23 with 1918 viewsronnyd

I,m sorry mate, but you seem to be the sort of guy who posts a topic to discuss then tends to decry anyone else who posts a view that doesn,t agree with your point of view. We all have differing views so lets live and let live eh?
Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 12:12 - Jun 23 with 1903 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 11:59 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

I am not questioning the quality of your example i'm questioning that 1 example in 1 game in the history of womens football constitutes diving and cheating being prevalent in the game before this tournament

1 example in 1 game is a similar generlisation to saying cheating has not existed in other womens professional tournaments. Like for like
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 12:12]

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 12:20 - Jun 23 with 1889 viewschristiand

I actually don’t think it’s VAR that’s the issue, but the rules that allow certain decisions to be reviewed. In principle, VAR is good for the game, but certain rules that are in place currently need to be looked into by the authorities otherwise it will become quite messy.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 12:22 - Jun 23 with 1883 viewsHolyGoalie

Why do you all support cheating? VAR IS GOOD on 12:03 - Jun 23 by ronnyd

I,m sorry mate, but you seem to be the sort of guy who posts a topic to discuss then tends to decry anyone else who posts a view that doesn,t agree with your point of view. We all have differing views so lets live and let live eh?

Sorry if that is how I convery myself, but I am only engaging in debate. Noting I post on here is aimed at bringing other posters into disrepute

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024