Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Neville 18:28 - Jul 6 with 1090 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Before today match.

We want to win, we want 6 wins and 1 defeat, not 5 wins and 2 defeats.

After;

It's a nonsense match!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Neville on 18:41 - Jul 6 with 1035 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, he's right. Doesn't mean he didn't want to win.

Such a pointless game. Third place play offs feel like the pro bowl before the super bowl. Just a big waste of time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil Neville on 18:46 - Jul 6 with 1021 viewsEastTownBlue

Phil Neville on 18:41 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Such a pointless game. Third place play offs feel like the pro bowl before the super bowl. Just a big waste of time.

Can't disagree. If you can't win the competition what is the point? I'm sure they just wanted to go home after Tuesday evening.
Phil Neville on 18:51 - Jul 6 with 1001 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil Neville on 18:41 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Just needs to be consistent.

Personally I agree that it's a nothing game.

If Phil won, and matched Mark Sampson, he would have bigger it up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Neville on 18:59 - Jul 6 with 985 viewsVaughan8

Didnt he also say either not getting to the final or winning the final would be a failure, then after the semi final saying how proud he was and what and achievement it was.........

People seem to like his "straight talking" but most of it is a load of rubbish.
Phil Neville on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 971 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil Neville on 18:59 - Jul 6 by Vaughan8

Didnt he also say either not getting to the final or winning the final would be a failure, then after the semi final saying how proud he was and what and achievement it was.........

He's does contradict himself a lot, he likes a big statement, but that means he's stuck when he doesn't achieve the aim.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed watching England in the WWC.

Think they achieved about par, but it's been good to watch.

Phil Neville on 19:05 - Jul 6 with 963 viewsLankHenners

I wonder if there’ll ever be a day when people realise football managers will say whatever they think the right thing to say is at the time, even if it contradicts a previous statement, and trying to hold their words to any kind of scrutiny is a fool’s errand.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil Neville on 19:06 - Jul 6 with 957 viewsVaughan8

Phil Neville on 19:01 - Jul 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's does contradict himself a lot, he likes a big statement, but that means he's stuck when he doesn't achieve the aim.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed watching England in the WWC.

Think they achieved about par, but it's been good to watch.

Yes I think sometimes people forget than Engalnd are actually one of the best teams in the world so semi final is what should be expected of them really.

I watched a few group games and I have to say it wasn't very good but definitely the England v USA was decent.
Phil Neville on 19:15 - Jul 6 with 933 viewsWD19

Phil Neville on 18:59 - Jul 6 by Vaughan8

Another issue is that he seems to be very easily ‘triggered’. Doesn’t take much for him to get prickly at people. Not the ‘press’ in general, specific individuals. Not a great trait in a manager to be so thin skinned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024