Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids these days..... 21:21 - Sep 13 with 1297 viewsitfcjoe

As part of collating info for Football Manager research, I find out what teams the young players support and who their favourite players are......

One supports Man Utd but his favourite player is Van Dijk

Another supports Arsenal and fave player is Hazard

Another Arsenal fan has an idol of Drogba

It's just so weird - football fandom has changed with regards to just following players etc - imagine supporting Town and saying your idol is Teemu Pukki

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kids these days..... on 21:24 - Sep 13 with 1245 viewsJ2BLUE

Madness. They should all be released and forced to sign for Barnet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kids these days..... on 21:25 - Sep 13 with 1241 viewsWacko

I think footballers are different from other people. They care way more about winning and personally being the best, so it's no wonder that reflects their preferences

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Kids these days..... on 21:58 - Sep 13 with 1154 viewsPlums

I see this in my son and his mates. They’re all into football but they are now consumers of the sport so don’t have the same tribal allegiances as us old folk. Thanks to FIFA and the work of people like you, they also have an almost forensic knowledge of individual players.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Kids these days..... on 22:01 - Sep 13 with 1132 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Barcelona innit....very big in Suffolk Coastal.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Kids these days..... on 22:06 - Sep 13 with 1112 viewsthatdamgood89

We are becoming more like the NFl every day. Consumers of the game and less about tribal allegiance. I like it

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Kids these days..... on 23:55 - Sep 13 with 986 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

3 out of the 4 players you mention are/were the best in their positions (and I’m guessing the favourite players are linked to the positions they play?) so think it’s understandable for a young Man U supporting CB making his way in the game to admire and want to emulate Van Dijk.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Kids these days..... on 09:49 - Sep 14 with 750 viewsBryanPlug

Kids these days..... on 21:58 - Sep 13 by Plums

I see this in my son and his mates. They’re all into football but they are now consumers of the sport so don’t have the same tribal allegiances as us old folk. Thanks to FIFA and the work of people like you, they also have an almost forensic knowledge of individual players.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024