Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried about Ipswich 10:17 - Dec 30 with 1018 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I am sadly watching my club Newcastle being ruined by Mike Ashley. His farcical giving away of 10,000 season tickets is an insult to those who have to travel to games from afar and pay ludicrously high rail/coach/air/ferry fares to get to St James Park.

For too long, this man has got away with sticking up garish, countless Sportsdire.com signs, I cannot bring myself to go and write the whole of his company name. The sad thing is I have to go into his shop to buy some essentials, like trainers and rucksacks because he blew JJB Sports out of the water, a company with whom I worked for as a Christmas temp and for 2 years and enjoyed every minute.

I am sick and tired of the way he treats the supporters, and I truly believe the ones that go, the large majority are ones that have been enticed in because of the affordability, they can afford to go to the games, but let me tell you, there's hardly no noise, just watch one of our games on TV. I make more noise sitting at home, and getting agitated, kicking every ball and questioning every VAR decision and I live 280 miles away in Ipswich.

My reason for the post is don't let Ipswich Town become your owner's play thing. I love Ipswich, it is my home town and I am proud of Ipswich Town, and I love going to games when I can to support my local team. You are a proud club with a great history.

Don't let Ashley's example with us at Newcastle be a harrowing template of how football ownership can be.
Worried about Ipswich on 10:19 - Dec 30 with 999 viewsPecker

Just the one club allowed, but thanks for pointing out the obvious to us all.
Worried about Ipswich on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 979 viewsfooters

Worried about Ipswich on 10:19 - Dec 30 by Pecker

Just the one club allowed, but thanks for pointing out the obvious to us all.

Bit harsh, Pecker. This chap just seems to be wishing us all the best. You've been awfully snippy of late, hope all's well.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worried about Ipswich on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 953 viewsPecker

Worried about Ipswich on 10:21 - Dec 30 by footers

Bit harsh, Pecker. This chap just seems to be wishing us all the best. You've been awfully snippy of late, hope all's well.

All is great Footers old chap. I don't like supporters of clubs telling others how to run theirs. Anyway, off to the big smoke early tomorrow for new years celebrations, so I wish you and yours a Happy, healthy and peaceful new year. Take care old bean and see soon.
Worried about Ipswich on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 909 viewsWD19

Newcastle are above Arsenal and outside of the top half on goal difference.

Mike Ashley is undoubtedly a bell of the highest order, but I am not sure what Newcastle fans would like him to be doing at this point that he is not doing!? Would be genuinely interested.

....other than stop being quite such an odious twerp obviously.....

....and sell the club to A.N.Other at a significant personal financial loss is clearly not a sensible answer.
Worried about Ipswich on 10:42 - Dec 30 with 860 viewsfooters

Worried about Ipswich on 10:34 - Dec 30 by WD19

Mike Ashley is undoubtedly a bell of the highest order, but I am not sure what Newcastle fans would like him to be doing at this point that he is not doing!? Would be genuinely interested.

....and sell the club to A.N.Other at a significant personal financial loss is clearly not a sensible answer.

Haven't all the proposed takeovers so far been at a potential gain for Ashley? Maybe I'm making that up but swear the last one (Stavely et al?) would've netted him a nice sum.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worried about Ipswich on 10:50 - Dec 30 with 819 viewsbournemouthblue

Worried about Ipswich on 10:34 - Dec 30 by WD19

I think Ashley's ownership of Newcastle has had similar hallmarks to Evans at Town

But Newcastle have had the extra fanbase and infrastructure to get away with it

Newcastle fans quite rightfully want Newcastle to be more than making up the numbers in the Premiership

They sight clubs like Everton who have pushed for the top 6 on similar budgets to them

Relegations to the Championship for them are much like relegation to League One for us

Not that Newcastle have had any real track record of competing at the top end of the Premier League besides a brief flirtation under Keegan

How did they do in the latter years of the old division one out of interest?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 10:52]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Worried about Ipswich on 11:01 - Dec 30 with 756 viewsWD19

Worried about Ipswich on 10:50 - Dec 30 by bournemouthblue

I think Ashley's ownership of Newcastle has had similar hallmarks to Evans at Town

But Newcastle have had the extra fanbase and infrastructure to get away with it

Newcastle fans quite rightfully want Newcastle to be more than making up the numbers in the Premiership

They sight clubs like Everton who have pushed for the top 6 on similar budgets to them

Relegations to the Championship for them are much like relegation to League One for us

Not that Newcastle have had any real track record of competing at the top end of the Premier League besides a brief flirtation under Keegan

How did they do in the latter years of the old division one out of interest?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 10:52]

In the couple of decades before the Prem they spent as much time in the 2nd tier as they did in the first. If there are potential owners queuing up to pay a fair price (and there might well be given the size of the club) then I can understand why fans get narked at him holding on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._seasons
Worried about Ipswich on 11:13 - Dec 30 with 708 viewsNewcyBlue

Worried about Ipswich on 11:01 - Dec 30 by WD19

In the couple of decades before the Prem they spent as much time in the 2nd tier as they did in the first. If there are potential owners queuing up to pay a fair price (and there might well be given the size of the club) then I can understand why fans get narked at him holding on.

A development at Strawberry Place next to the stadium has been approved.

Residential, office, and hotel. £120m development.

The Newcastle fans are outraged. I can understand too, as it will destroy a fabulous view.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Worried about Ipswich on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 682 viewsbournemouthblue

Worried about Ipswich on 11:01 - Dec 30 by WD19

with rich owners they could certainly be more of a threat

You only have to see how Wolves have done and even Leicester with wealthyish owners who know what they are doing

The ceiling should be higher for Newcastle really, not that have any real pedigree of competing at the top end of the Premiership

It takes time to develop that mentality through a club and impart the knowledge and skills to keep doing it

Tottenham took a long time to establish themselves a genuine top four threat for example

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024