Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good point but bittersweet 22:13 - Jan 14 with 934 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m sure the conditions played a big part but we didn’t really put much together tonight. It was a good hardworking display that didn’t mean Oxford deserved anything more than a point either.

But FFS we played about 30 blind first-time balls in that second half when we were in possession and didn’t get anything out of them. A bit more attacking bravery and a desire to keep the ball and who knows?

At the very least, our attackers might have got involved. I think Keane and Norwood/Sears got on the ball 4 times between them the whole half.

Not a huge problem but let’s stop doing things that just don’t work.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good point but bittersweet on 22:21 - Jan 14 with 857 viewsunstableblue

Conditions were awful and I think there was an instruction to take no risks.

But yes I found the urgency of some of the forward pints frustrating.

Oxford were far more technical that us both in terms of individual capability and play. BUT our laudable blood and guts performance meant we overran them for the point.

It was a good McCarthy performance, uncultured but impressive.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good point but bittersweet on 22:28 - Jan 14 with 805 viewsLankHenners

Looked a tired performance, especially in the 2nd half. Judge was bright and Huws put in another good, solid shift but too many not quite on it with, as you say, too many wasted or aimless balls.

Too many unnecessary fouls as well - lots of lazy shoves and pushes which gave them a chance to put the ball well away from their box. Corners have gone to sh!te recently - Judge and Garbutt are capable of putting good ones in and it won't happen every time but ffs every one either went straight to the first man or was a rubbish floaty outswinger which amounted to nothing.

Oxford got bodies back well and you could see why we were being cautious and trying hard not to allow them to counter with the pace and drive they have going forwards.

Anyway, an away point in sh!t conditions against a team bang in form is something to take forward. The real shame is how we've fcked about for the last dozen or so games which has made this seem more disappointing than it should be.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Good point but bittersweet on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 777 viewsHerbivore

Good point but bittersweet on 22:28 - Jan 14 by LankHenners

Looked a tired performance, especially in the 2nd half. Judge was bright and Huws put in another good, solid shift but too many not quite on it with, as you say, too many wasted or aimless balls.

Too many unnecessary fouls as well - lots of lazy shoves and pushes which gave them a chance to put the ball well away from their box. Corners have gone to sh!te recently - Judge and Garbutt are capable of putting good ones in and it won't happen every time but ffs every one either went straight to the first man or was a rubbish floaty outswinger which amounted to nothing.

Oxford got bodies back well and you could see why we were being cautious and trying hard not to allow them to counter with the pace and drive they have going forwards.

Anyway, an away point in sh!t conditions against a team bang in form is something to take forward. The real shame is how we've fcked about for the last dozen or so games which has made this seem more disappointing than it should be.

Thought it was odd we only made one sub when a few players were looking leggy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good point but bittersweet on 22:33 - Jan 14 with 760 viewsLankHenners

Good point but bittersweet on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Thought it was odd we only made one sub when a few players were looking leggy.

Yes, a bit conservative from Lambert - didn't want to unsettle what we had in case Oxford got a stronger hold in the game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Good point but bittersweet on 22:42 - Jan 14 with 715 viewsSuperfrans

That seems harsh to me. Impossible conditions. we played to them better than they did. I actually thought we were startng to look like a better team than we have all season.

Huws is looking a proper player. Judge and Edwards building a proper understanding. Norwood being an effective nuisance (not just a nuisance). GenerAlly positive (if you fake into account The conditions, which you have to imo).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Good point but bittersweet on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 672 viewsDarth_Koont

Good point but bittersweet on 22:42 - Jan 14 by Superfrans

That seems harsh to me. Impossible conditions. we played to them better than they did. I actually thought we were startng to look like a better team than we have all season.

Huws is looking a proper player. Judge and Edwards building a proper understanding. Norwood being an effective nuisance (not just a nuisance). GenerAlly positive (if you fake into account The conditions, which you have to imo).

Don’t get me wrong. I thought we were solid and more organized than we’ve been most of the season. Just that we were frustrating how we gave the ball away so quickly when we deservedly won it.

I’d just like to see us impose ourselves on teams and this promotion race a bit more. But we seem a little too committed to scraping by.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good point but bittersweet on 23:02 - Jan 14 with 624 viewsSuperfrans

Good point but bittersweet on 22:51 - Jan 14 by Darth_Koont

Don’t get me wrong. I thought we were solid and more organized than we’ve been most of the season. Just that we were frustrating how we gave the ball away so quickly when we deservedly won it.

I’d just like to see us impose ourselves on teams and this promotion race a bit more. But we seem a little too committed to scraping by.

i thought the conditions made controlling the game in any way pretty much impossible.

i also had the worst journey so I may be trying to make myself feel better. :-/

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024