Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham 09:16 - Feb 3 with 918 viewshomer_123

That back line would have no problems handling the aerial direct stuff from Rotherham - they also have enough bite and close down quickly.

Couple that with Boro's ability to quickly get the ball forward, their midfield supporting the front two to create overloads and space.

I've been saying this about Town for years - the game has moved on. Teams now typically have a consistent cohesive way of playing look to close down quickly as a unit (not individuals) and more over have the ability to move the ball forward quickly, through the midfield.

We continue to be slow and laborious.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 09:20 - Feb 3 with 882 viewsHerbivore

All true, but don't forget that a week ago we had the best manager in the league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 10:27 - Feb 3 with 802 viewsSteve_M

What about in the other fixture this season when Rotherham won easily at home?

We do lack a coherent way of playing and have done since 2014-15. That doesn't mean we can't play well but that when things are going wrong we have little to fall back on. It's one thing that I thought Lambert would do when he arrived, especially after the first month, and it's what I'm most disappointed about from his time here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 10:48 - Feb 3 with 756 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree with you Homer , the game has moved on and we are looking so slow in building anything .

The movement from the Posh forwards and midfielders ran our slow players ragged .

There is something wrong with our training / tactics , but also our recruitment is poor - Posh have picked up some excellent players .

Even when we have some youngsters coming through , who are quick , they don't make the squad .
It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 748 viewsPilgrimblue

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 10:27 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

We do lack a coherent way of playing and have done since 2014-15. That doesn't mean we can't play well but that when things are going wrong we have little to fall back on. It's one thing that I thought Lambert would do when he arrived, especially after the first month, and it's what I'm most disappointed about from his time here.

I'm very disappointed with PL. Thought he was better than that, now thinking's a poor man's MM.
At the moment there's 3/4 better teams than Town and this wont get us promoted this season or next. We can all see it so what are PL and his staff doing about it?
Evans has made some big mistakes but giving PL 5 years must be one of the worst. Let him earn it FFS.
It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 708 viewshomer_123

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 10:27 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

Didn't the sending off of Kent somewhat change that game?

Added to that a different line up for Posh.

And, I suspect they learned from that defeat.

We do play well, when teams sit off us and give us time and space.....most teams can play in that scenario though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's easy to see how P'boro turned over Rotherham on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 688 viewsMrTown

Our back line is really strange, 2 out of the 3 are average to say the least. 3 out of 3 are not blessed with pace, yet our back 3 is so high all time we get stung by any team with half a yard of pace, 3 out of the 4 goals on Saturday came from this.

On Posh, I like the squad they've built, really really good, dynamic front foot team, could easily go up with Rotherham.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 11:35]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024