Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team 14:24 - Feb 10 with 912 viewsskankerman

Whether we achieve promotion this season or not, whatever Division we play next season we have on our books a largely 3rd rated team
We was relegated due to the failure of the team, quality and ability very questionable through a strategy of an owner who has reduced his investment In the first team

PL was our manager who did not stem the tide last season, who has not made the required progress in moving the first team forward this year

Whatever the Division, the issue is there to be seen, lack of first team investment = a mid table Division 3 team

There is some talent within the team, but more numbers are required to make the difference

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 871 viewsDarth_Koont

Not more players IMO.

That's been most of our problem since Hurst came in and it's largely been continued by Lambert.

We currently need a stronger match squad but that still looks to be a coaching and recruitment issue more than a lack of investment in this division.

If we go up then I think we'll need better players but probably a more settled and tighter-knit team too.

But this season and last we seem to have thrown lots of players at the problem and that's why we're still struggling to build.

Pronouns: He/Him

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 14:49 - Feb 10 with 826 viewsSomethingBlue

As a baseline, even if we went up this season and came straight back down we would likely get some serious money — probably in January — for Downes and Woolfenden en route, certainly several million more than we'll get if we stay down now. It would leave us well equipped to bounce back again. We simply have to go up this season; not doing so would have absolutely massive implications.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 14:55 - Feb 10 with 795 viewsOsborneOneNil

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 14:49 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

As a baseline, even if we went up this season and came straight back down we would likely get some serious money — probably in January — for Downes and Woolfenden en route, certainly several million more than we'll get if we stay down now. It would leave us well equipped to bounce back again. We simply have to go up this season; not doing so would have absolutely massive implications.

100%.
No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 16:06 - Feb 10 with 717 viewsChurchman

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 14:49 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

And where would that money go? Into Evans’ pocket to ‘offset running costs’. Replacements, if any, would be a has-been a non-league no hoper, and a loanee if we were lucky with a moan about player inflation and praise for a ‘great squad’.

The pattern of Evans behaviour will never change and the continuous decline will continue. We belong in this league and will be here until we can no longer compete in it if nothing changes. God, I hope I am wrong.
No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 705 viewsPecker

We would need to spend between 5 & 7 million to maintain a Championship position. I think with a reduced squad and a few quid from Mr Evans, that isn't unrealistic.
Jesus wept... on 16:11 - Feb 10 with 705 viewsDyland

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 16:06 - Feb 10 by Churchman

And where would that money go? Into Evans’ pocket to ‘offset running costs’. Replacements, if any, would be a has-been a non-league no hoper, and a loanee if we were lucky with a moan about player inflation and praise for a ‘great squad’.

The pattern of Evans behaviour will never change and the continuous decline will continue. We belong in this league and will be here until we can no longer compete in it if nothing changes. God, I hope I am wrong.

"Into Evans’ pocket to ‘offset running costs’. "

So... NOT into his pocket then?

How many times.

And no, I don't like Evans' ownership either.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No promotion = 3rd Division team / Promotion still = 3rd Division team on 16:37 - Feb 10 with 663 viewsDoctor_Earman

We need fewer players not more. A massive clear-out of the deadwood, journeymen, injury-prone and underperformers is needed. Give our youngsters a chance (which is apparently Evans' masterplan) instead and see where it takes us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024