Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are all in this together 11:41 - Mar 8 with 777 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We are absolutely part of the problem.

Nobody can question the fans. Last season we sung our hearts out and clapped off one of the worst teams in the second tier ever. Phenomenal support.

This season we have won 4/26 at a level where we are a giant. These players should not be getting any support at all. Any other club would be tearing them to pieces.

They don’t deserve our support and the time has come for them to earn it. I’m not advocating booing. But there should be nobody in that stadium for them to even applaud come the final whistle.

As long as we allow them to believe we will put up with this crap there’s less reason for them not to turn things around.

No other club in the land would be as forgiving of Evans, Lambert or the players.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

We are all in this together on 17:34 - Mar 8 with 664 viewsPecker

I never thought I would ever feel like this about our club, but I agree. Total silence and just walk out at the final whistle. This bunch of players are easily by miles the worst side ever to wear our shirts on their backs. F**k the lot of them. Yes, I am still angry at that so called performance yesterday.
We are all in this together on 17:41 - Mar 8 with 633 viewsElephantintheRoom

You didn't notice last season just how bad the team - and Lambert were?

I'm tempted yo suggest if you feel so bad about supporting a team on a downward curve you should stay away and come back when the curve goes upward again.... which it will eventually.

Another hope for you is that sporting events will probably be KOed for crowds.... maybe as soon as next week by politicians thinking they can stop a virus psreading...so you'll get your wish for silent support - which is probablhy a lot more inspring to play in front of than delused moaners.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

We are all in this together on 17:50 - Mar 8 with 611 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Evans in particular has got off very lightly.
We are all in this together on 17:52 - Mar 8 with 607 viewsMullet

Do you really think the players haven't noticed?

These self-praising postures people keep taking are part of the problem. Clapping relegation and lauding the manner of it from the same cohort, was far more damaging than anything this season. The phenomenal support was based around expectations and a sense of change.

Which incidentally, sees the people going overboard about walking it, HMS Pisstheleague becoming the U-Pissthebed and throw the toys out of the pram on YouTube etc. for one too many of them. Chanting that Evans is a c&*t at Burton and not questioning why Lambert is excused for having a League 2 Right back getting injured as the root of our problems for so long, a weird position to take.

We were top six weeks ago so the decline and the change of face for some is rapid, but the clapping off of players whilst baffling, is obvious to piece together. It all points to (Hurst and then) Lambert not being held to account enough after MM was for all the wrong reasons, as people see what they wanted to see amongst the hope and fears smothering the place.

Even Watson et al were dismissing those of us calling Lambert "tactically inept" a couple of weeks ago. There is far too much churn at the club, amongst the staff, the team, the fans to be anywhere near consistent and unified.

It was nice to sing ourselves out of our misery as we went down, but these fractures and fault lines were always there. It's not surprise it takes failure to make them show up and rupture so easily.

Nothing but winning football and a clean break from Lambert will come close to repairing it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024