Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... 20:33 - Mar 13 with 3138 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....we are royally f@cked!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 20:58 - Mar 13 with 3036 viewsjeera

I have Natural World on atm, having just had Rick Stein on beforehand.

I might flip to Ch4 +1 in a moment to see then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:02 - Mar 13 with 3010 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 20:58 - Mar 13 by jeera

I have Natural World on atm, having just had Rick Stein on beforehand.

I might flip to Ch4 +1 in a moment to see then.

Is there a -1 so I can pretend I never saw it?

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:09 - Mar 13 with 2960 viewsmonytowbray

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:02 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there a -1 so I can pretend I never saw it?

What was it?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:12 - Mar 13 with 2937 viewsbournemouthblue

What was it?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:17 - Mar 13 with 2907 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:12 - Mar 13 by bournemouthblue

What was it?

Hour programme on the virus and the various ways of potentially dealing with it.

Ch4 + 1 now so it's quarter of an hour in.

Possibly best to start from the beginning if interested.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:19 - Mar 13 with 2885 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:17 - Mar 13 by jeera

Hour programme on the virus and the various ways of potentially dealing with it.

Ch4 + 1 now so it's quarter of an hour in.

Possibly best to start from the beginning if interested.

What I still can't figure out is how we are 'flattening the curve' by keeping schools open.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:25 - Mar 13 with 2855 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:19 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

What I still can't figure out is how we are 'flattening the curve' by keeping schools open.

I suppose as that only covers X amount of the population, if we were to take the stance that we accept most of us can survive a bout then maybe it's best they get it first?

I don't know that, I'm just guessing. If it makes you poorly for a couple of weeks then maybe take practical steps to keep the parents as safe as possible to be able too look after the kids when they're ill?

Hopefully they'll be past that stage by the time their adult family members become too ill to cope?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 21:34]

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:34 - Mar 13 with 2814 viewsmonytowbray

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:19 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I saw the graph. Makes sense to me.

People keep saying trust the scientists, but a lot seem to think our approach is mental.

And honestly, I wouldn’t trust this government to host a p1ss up in a Brewery with a whole team of trained bar staff.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:42 - Mar 13 with 2745 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:25 - Mar 13 by jeera

I suppose as that only covers X amount of the population, if we were to take the stance that we accept most of us can survive a bout then maybe it's best they get it first?

I don't know that, I'm just guessing. If it makes you poorly for a couple of weeks then maybe take practical steps to keep the parents as safe as possible to be able too look after the kids when they're ill?

Hopefully they'll be past that stage by the time their adult family members become too ill to cope?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 21:34]

It seems to me that the little oiks are being used as super spreaders....on the plus side at least the NHS staff are full of confidence and feeling valued......oh!!

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:43 - Mar 13 with 2749 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:34 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

I saw the graph. Makes sense to me.

People keep saying trust the scientists, but a lot seem to think our approach is mental.

And honestly, I wouldn’t trust this government to host a p1ss up in a Brewery with a whole team of trained bar staff.

The UK does seem to be taking an economics approach; ie. an aim to keep the economy going as much as possible whilst accepting some collateral damage.

It doesn't have much of a compassionate feel to it.

It has been weird how slow we've been to ban large events and could appear to a sceptic that some of these things have been deliberately allowed to proceed, like Cheltenham, whilst people have also been encouraged to self-isolate.

If some take precautions, but others not so much, then the encroachment will be controlled to an extent.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:01 - Mar 13 with 2676 viewsmonytowbray

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:43 - Mar 13 by jeera

The UK does seem to be taking an economics approach; ie. an aim to keep the economy going as much as possible whilst accepting some collateral damage.

It doesn't have much of a compassionate feel to it.

It has been weird how slow we've been to ban large events and could appear to a sceptic that some of these things have been deliberately allowed to proceed, like Cheltenham, whilst people have also been encouraged to self-isolate.

If some take precautions, but others not so much, then the encroachment will be controlled to an extent.

Events are cancelling and some of us more paranoid folk like me and my housemate are pretty much already limiting my time outside.

I’ve been out to the shop on my road briefly twice. I’ve got a reasonable amount of food in the cupboard and freezer anyway (I have some stuff I’ve not touched since the health kick) so only really went to stock up on a month of cat food which to me seems reasonable.

I figured if I want to go out on a stroll I’m not far from a park and could go in the day whilst everyone’s still at work.

I have at least 10 friends limiting their time outside. Two of the biggest social p1ss up artists I know are both drinking at home this eve.

Only annoying thing is there is NO F’IN WAY I’m going to the gym. I’ve got some weights here though so I can still do some stuff.

I should add, you could gradually be witnessing my mental breakdown or maybe I just don’t buy what we’re being told and I’m right. Guess we’ll find out. There will deffo be some new OCD and germophobe folks after all this.

My biggest hopes are we’ll see some positive environmental impact, a lot more talk about our food choices and learn to co operate more as a planet. Although my faith in humanity remains low for the most part. I’m keeping note on businesses that value money over anything else RN so I can never give them a penny again.

TWTD never forgets…

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 2634 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:01 - Mar 13 by monytowbray

Events are cancelling and some of us more paranoid folk like me and my housemate are pretty much already limiting my time outside.

I’ve been out to the shop on my road briefly twice. I’ve got a reasonable amount of food in the cupboard and freezer anyway (I have some stuff I’ve not touched since the health kick) so only really went to stock up on a month of cat food which to me seems reasonable.

I figured if I want to go out on a stroll I’m not far from a park and could go in the day whilst everyone’s still at work.

I have at least 10 friends limiting their time outside. Two of the biggest social p1ss up artists I know are both drinking at home this eve.

Only annoying thing is there is NO F’IN WAY I’m going to the gym. I’ve got some weights here though so I can still do some stuff.

I should add, you could gradually be witnessing my mental breakdown or maybe I just don’t buy what we’re being told and I’m right. Guess we’ll find out. There will deffo be some new OCD and germophobe folks after all this.

My biggest hopes are we’ll see some positive environmental impact, a lot more talk about our food choices and learn to co operate more as a planet. Although my faith in humanity remains low for the most part. I’m keeping note on businesses that value money over anything else RN so I can never give them a penny again.

It depends on what you mean by not being told I suppose.

There's certainly nothing wrong with questioning how 'we' are going about this as opposed to other nations as people have been.

As you say events are now being cancelled, but that approach could have been taken weeks ago but things have been allowed to run.

Have they been allowed to run deliberately to ensure some spreading? I don't think it's unreasonable to question that, given the way things are panning out.

It's all mostly probably just hindsight though and the truth is possibly no one really knew what to do.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:17 - Mar 13 with 2598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:09 - Mar 13 by jeera

It depends on what you mean by not being told I suppose.

There's certainly nothing wrong with questioning how 'we' are going about this as opposed to other nations as people have been.

As you say events are now being cancelled, but that approach could have been taken weeks ago but things have been allowed to run.

Have they been allowed to run deliberately to ensure some spreading? I don't think it's unreasonable to question that, given the way things are panning out.

It's all mostly probably just hindsight though and the truth is possibly no one really knew what to do.

You're almost at illuminati levels of questioning now Jeera.....welcome to the dark side.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:35 - Mar 13 with 2540 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:17 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're almost at illuminati levels of questioning now Jeera.....welcome to the dark side.

I've covered myself there pal!

"It's all mostly probably just hindsight though and the truth is possibly no one really knew what to do."

I chose that bit carefully.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:51 - Mar 13 with 2477 viewsitfcbw

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 21:42 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

It seems to me that the little oiks are being used as super spreaders....on the plus side at least the NHS staff are full of confidence and feeling valued......oh!!

Seems they’re allowing the children to get it, completely forgetting that many older members of the public work as teachers and, in my school particularly, teaching assistants and volunteers
Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 2466 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:35 - Mar 13 by jeera

I've covered myself there pal!

"It's all mostly probably just hindsight though and the truth is possibly no one really knew what to do."

I chose that bit carefully.

Yeah but we all know what you really meant!

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 2462 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:52 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah but we all know what you really meant!

That effing programme has messed with my head.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 23:01 - Mar 13 with 2430 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 22:52 - Mar 13 by jeera

That effing programme has messed with my head.

....have another drink, I am!

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 2418 viewsjeera

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 23:01 - Mar 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

....have another drink, I am!

Oh I am, trust me.

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 23:12 - Mar 13 with 2404 viewsWeWereZombies

How are you going to get your vitamin D if you do not get out in the sunshine? As well as running down your immune system you are not getting enough exercise either so your health will suffer and the virus will take you more easily should you catch it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 00:23 - Mar 14 with 2307 viewsmonytowbray

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 23:12 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

How are you going to get your vitamin D if you do not get out in the sunshine? As well as running down your immune system you are not getting enough exercise either so your health will suffer and the virus will take you more easily should you catch it.

What Sunshine?!

TWTD never forgets…

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 00:55 - Mar 14 with 2262 viewsStokieBlue

Are you doing that to minimise your own risk or your chances of passing it on to more vulnerable people?

This is a good article explaining the risks by age and underlying conditions:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-of-coronavirus-i

I believe you fall under the 0.2% rate.

That of course doesn't mean that you couldn't pass it on to someone in a different bracket which I think you have voiced as a concern previously.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 01:03 - Mar 14 with 2244 viewsmonytowbray

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 00:55 - Mar 14 by StokieBlue

Are you doing that to minimise your own risk or your chances of passing it on to more vulnerable people?

This is a good article explaining the risks by age and underlying conditions:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-of-coronavirus-i

I believe you fall under the 0.2% rate.

That of course doesn't mean that you couldn't pass it on to someone in a different bracket which I think you have voiced as a concern previously.

SB

Bit of both really. I have mild asthma and it is a great unknown which freaks me out.

TWTD never forgets…

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 06:49 - Mar 14 with 2044 viewsfabian_illness

I’m wondering if it’s best to just have the f**king virus and get it over with.
Not sure I can go 3 months trying to dodge it.
Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 07:38 - Mar 14 with 1955 viewsWeWereZombies

Whatever you do....don't watch Ch4... on 00:23 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

What Sunshine?!

Apologies, I forget that you have underlying health issues that make this more of a threat. But I think my advice still holds good unless we face an Italian style lockdown situation. With due precaution it must be better to lead a healthy lifestyle that boosts our health rather than hunker down into a period of slow decline.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024