Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there isn't a second wave... 21:20 - May 13 with 1875 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....there will be a lot of questions to answer!
Not least from me.
Furthermore is there even the time to assess any increase in 'R' rates before the next round of restriction easing?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:21 - May 13 with 1847 viewsSpruceMoose

What questions will you have?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:22 - May 13 with 1850 viewspointofblue

Just about - the two week mark will be between 25th and 27th May with the next ease due on 1st June.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:28 - May 13 with 1817 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:21 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

Well the first one will be... "Why not?"

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:32 - May 13 with 1799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:22 - May 13 by pointofblue

Just about - the two week mark will be between 25th and 27th May with the next ease due on 1st June.

I was listening to R4 today while eating my lunch and the expert they were talking to suggested that R was more like a weather forecast than the actual weather. I fully expect the forecast to be for sunlit uplands!

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:33 - May 13 with 1787 viewsjeera

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:21 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

We're back to the suggestion it's not real again.

Except if you say that, Bankster will say he does think it's real, but it won't harm you.

Or him. Or something.

It is real but you can't catch it, and if you do catch it you'll be fine, unless you die.

Then it will hurt you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:53 - May 13 with 1746 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:33 - May 13 by jeera

We're back to the suggestion it's not real again.

Except if you say that, Bankster will say he does think it's real, but it won't harm you.

Or him. Or something.

It is real but you can't catch it, and if you do catch it you'll be fine, unless you die.

Then it will hurt you.

Seriously Jeera.. how do you jump to that conclusion....my Mother had it for 3 weeks...I appreciate that Spruce had jumped to the same conclusion too but that just makes you both wrong.
Furthermore, because of the work I do and helping clients with shopping and collecting prescriptions I am having to manage risk as best I can! All down to choices I suppose.
I fully expect a second wave...if there is claimed not to be one I will definitely be asking how and why not.

Edit...add Badger to the list!
Edit 2... You have also reminded me why when I did my BSc I was drawn towards Phenomenology which accepts that our judgement is clouded by our perceptions!
[Post edited 13 May 2020 21:58]

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:55 - May 13 with 1725 viewsSpruceMoose

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:53 - May 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Seriously Jeera.. how do you jump to that conclusion....my Mother had it for 3 weeks...I appreciate that Spruce had jumped to the same conclusion too but that just makes you both wrong.
Furthermore, because of the work I do and helping clients with shopping and collecting prescriptions I am having to manage risk as best I can! All down to choices I suppose.
I fully expect a second wave...if there is claimed not to be one I will definitely be asking how and why not.

Edit 2... You have also reminded me why when I did my BSc I was drawn towards Phenomenology which accepts that our judgement is clouded by our perceptions!

Whut? I just asked you what your questions were!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:55 - May 13 with 1726 viewsjeera

How do I jump to that conclusion?

Hmm. Your posts on the subject maybe.

Dunno, it's a real mystery.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:59 - May 13 with 1695 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 21:55 - May 13 by jeera

How do I jump to that conclusion?

Hmm. Your posts on the subject maybe.

Dunno, it's a real mystery.

Well at least you are consistent in misreading them.

If there isn't a second wave... on 22:00 - May 13 with 1701 viewshomer_123

Given WHO have this evening announced Covid-19 'could be here to stay.'

And second waves are appearing in China, S Korea, Germany and the US....I doubt your questions will be needed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If there isn't a second wave... on 22:00 - May 13 with 1686 viewsEwan_Oozami

We've got Casey Johnson at the throttle of the Covidball Express, what could possibly go wrong?

Let's all sing along now..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If there isn't a second wave... on 22:05 - May 13 with 1664 viewsgordon

This sounds like an effective way to keep numbers down
https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-test-data-from-commercial-labs-going
If there isn't a second wave... on 22:10 - May 13 with 1653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 22:05 - May 13 by gordon

This sounds like an effective way to keep numbers down
https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-test-data-from-commercial-labs-going

Well at last....now we are getting there and I can feel my line of questioning evolving, we do after all have a special breed of governing politicians!
Also why I mentioned the imprecise science behind R numbers and the forecasting of them.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 22:12]

If there isn't a second wave... on 08:27 - May 14 with 1416 viewsGuthrum

... then that will be cause for celebrations.

It takes 5 to 7 days for a severe infection to show enough for hospitalisation and thus testing. So any upturn will trail release of quarantine by about a week. Given we haven't really made significant changes to our lockdown - social distancing to be maintained (even at work), no gatherings - I'm not expecting anything dramatic at this stage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there isn't a second wave... on 08:47 - May 14 with 1387 viewsGuthrum

If there isn't a second wave... on 22:10 - May 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well at last....now we are getting there and I can feel my line of questioning evolving, we do after all have a special breed of governing politicians!
Also why I mentioned the imprecise science behind R numbers and the forecasting of them.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 22:12]

R is not that imprecise, neither is it a forecast, as such (I would assume he meant it is a representation of the overall environment, rather than saying this person is likely to be infected and this person not). It's just a function of how much the disease is spreading, a comparison of existing, known cases to new ones. An R of 1 means each host passes the disease on to one other person, thus the number of cases doubles. At 0.5 the rate of increase in infections is flat, below that, declining.

There will be unknown cases in the community, but a similar proportion of new cases will also never develop to the stage of hospitalisation and testing. So they pretty much cancel each other out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there isn't a second wave... on 10:10 - May 14 with 1291 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a second wave... on 08:47 - May 14 by Guthrum

R is not that imprecise, neither is it a forecast, as such (I would assume he meant it is a representation of the overall environment, rather than saying this person is likely to be infected and this person not). It's just a function of how much the disease is spreading, a comparison of existing, known cases to new ones. An R of 1 means each host passes the disease on to one other person, thus the number of cases doubles. At 0.5 the rate of increase in infections is flat, below that, declining.

There will be unknown cases in the community, but a similar proportion of new cases will also never develop to the stage of hospitalisation and testing. So they pretty much cancel each other out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j22b

25 minutes

If there isn't a second wave... on 18:44 - May 14 with 1173 viewsPecker

So you would rather there was a second wave, killing thousands more, rather than the Government being wrong? Strange logic that.
If there isn't a second wave... on 18:48 - May 14 with 1158 viewsSpruceMoose

If there isn't a second wave... on 18:44 - May 14 by Pecker

So you would rather there was a second wave, killing thousands more, rather than the Government being wrong? Strange logic that.

Not what he actually said Pickles.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024