Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This thread is interesting. 10:02 - Jun 1 with 1277 viewsbluelagos

Shows the divisions in attitudes in America - given the number of likes given to comments supporting this form of policing.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This thread is interesting. on 10:24 - Jun 1 with 1198 viewsSwansea_Blue

I haven't looked at the thread, but the scenes are disgusting. Like some dystopian nightmare. Minneapolis voluntarily turning the US into Gilead.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This thread is interesting. on 10:28 - Jun 1 with 1183 viewsSteve_M

See also the deliberate targeting of the media by some police officers.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2020/05/31/us-law-enforcement-are-delib

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This thread is interesting. on 10:32 - Jun 1 with 1164 viewsDanTheMan

This thread is interesting. on 10:28 - Jun 1 by Steve_M

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2020/05/31/us-law-enforcement-are-delib

I read about that photo journalist that lost her eye, she was really taking it in her stride considering.

Absolutely appalling behaviour.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This thread is interesting. on 10:49 - Jun 1 with 1138 viewsSwansea_Blue

This thread is interesting. on 10:28 - Jun 1 by Steve_M

It's disgusting. I hesitate to show examples, as some idiots will take it as instruction. But if people can't see why the press are being attacked they really need to wake up...

It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.
― Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Which is indistinguishable from:

We're not too far off here either:
#ScumMedia, #ScumPress, #MediaScum

This thread is interesting. on 11:36 - Jun 1 with 1087 viewsLankHenners

This thread is interesting. on 10:32 - Jun 1 by DanTheMan

I read about that photo journalist that lost her eye, she was really taking it in her stride considering.

Absolutely appalling behaviour.

Like Swansea, I won't post any of it on here as it's not nice viewing but there are loads of videos going around of cops behaving like thugs. Driving cop cars into groups of people, riot police ramming people to the ground (including one of them charging into an old man who was just standing on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing), firing tear gas and rubber bullets directly at people, including those who are obviously news reporters.

How anyone can look at the events going on and not see the bad guys are the police, regardless of some people taking things too far, is beyond me (well not really but it's a figure of speech).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This thread is interesting. on 12:19 - Jun 1 with 1014 viewsSwansea_Blue

This thread is interesting. on 11:36 - Jun 1 by LankHenners

Like Swansea, I won't post any of it on here as it's not nice viewing but there are loads of videos going around of cops behaving like thugs. Driving cop cars into groups of people, riot police ramming people to the ground (including one of them charging into an old man who was just standing on the side of the road doing absolutely nothing), firing tear gas and rubber bullets directly at people, including those who are obviously news reporters.

How anyone can look at the events going on and not see the bad guys are the police, regardless of some people taking things too far, is beyond me (well not really but it's a figure of speech).

On a lighter note, the clip of a couple of dumb cops profiling and cuffing an undercover black FBI agent is hilarious.

This thread is interesting. on 12:32 - Jun 1 with 978 viewsmonytowbray

Some of the cops are on the side of the protesters though.

ACAB is a catch all phrase against an organisation, but there are people within it who support a fairer society.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This thread is interesting. on 13:26 - Jun 1 with 904 viewsNewcyBlue

This thread is interesting. on 12:19 - Jun 1 by Swansea_Blue

On a lighter note, the clip of a couple of dumb cops profiling and cuffing an undercover black FBI agent is hilarious.

Saw that today. It was amazing.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

This thread is interesting. on 13:45 - Jun 1 with 873 viewsbluelagos

Why would you not post them? Shining a light on how they are behaving is about the only way to effectively* highlight their conduct imho. It is only through mobile phone coverage / social media that the communities in question are now being believed about how the police conduct themselves.

*Although I would accept Twtd isn't exactly a vehicle for change in the way the American authorities behave / engage with people.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This thread is interesting. on 13:52 - Jun 1 with 855 viewsLankHenners

This thread is interesting. on 13:45 - Jun 1 by bluelagos

Why would you not post them? Shining a light on how they are behaving is about the only way to effectively* highlight their conduct imho. It is only through mobile phone coverage / social media that the communities in question are now being believed about how the police conduct themselves.

*Although I would accept Twtd isn't exactly a vehicle for change in the way the American authorities behave / engage with people.

I agree on all points but honestly the reason I didn't post them is because I couldn't be bothered to deal with the inevitable 'I don't think we need to see things like that on here - anyone could be reading this!', plus certain wazzocks would inevitably wade in to try and counter it with 'ah, but whatabout these scenes of violence by other people, are they not a problem?' in an attempt to move the focus away from where it should be all for some grandstanding political point scoring.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024