Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today 08:32 - Jun 4 with 898 viewsSteve_M

Especially as China would rather everyone ignored it, like they would their concentration camps and the suppression of even quasi-democracy in Hong Kong.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 08:37 - Jun 4 with 883 viewsTractorWood

I'm sure China's ministry of denial won't be responding to any of this.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 08:55 - Jun 4 with 838 viewsStokieBlue

Indeed, they are trying their very best to ensure that shameful episodes like this are forgotten and that new protests in HK can't take place. Also important to remember the deaths in other protests across China leading up to 4th June.

It was one of the more shameful threads on here when CIL attempted to deny what happened on that day but I guess it proves that China can rewrite history in the minds of some and thus achieve their goals which is why people must be diligent and remember.

Also important with the current threats of military action being made in the US by Trump.

SB
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:57]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 08:56 - Jun 4 with 832 viewsGlasgowBlue

31 years later and little has changed. Hong Kong losing it’s civil liberties and Uighurs being detained in concentration camps.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 09:08 - Jun 4 with 805 viewsElderGrizzly

Kay Burley was just interviewing one of the student leaders from the protest and actually said “I remember the scenes very well, i’m sure you do too?” No sh!t Kay...
Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 09:57 - Jun 4 with 707 viewsWeWereZombies

The ever excellent 'Storyville' has a programme about Tiananmen Square up on teh iPlayer at the moment, haven't watched it yet but perhaps today is the day to do that:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008z7h/storyville-tiananmen-the-people-v

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 10:11 - Jun 4 with 685 viewsSteve_M

Do take a moment to remember Tienanmen Square today on 09:57 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

The ever excellent 'Storyville' has a programme about Tiananmen Square up on teh iPlayer at the moment, haven't watched it yet but perhaps today is the day to do that:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008z7h/storyville-tiananmen-the-people-v

That one is very good. It's not pleasant watching but you should watch it today.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024