Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any FIFA 20 experts out there? 12:43 - Jul 6 with 1104 viewsgiant_stow

My littleun has just lost all his FIFa Ultimate players by doing a squad building challenge and is in bits. I've googled this and apparently, any players you use in a SBC are lost, but that leads to 2 questions:

What's the point of doing a SBC?
How do you improve your sqaud without doing a SBC?

Any answers appreciated - I know this is small suff, but I need a positive to go with 'you lost your players - tough tits son'

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 1081 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poor lad.

I remember when my boy lost some of his Minecraft worlds a few years ago. He was inconsolable.

Poll: W or W

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:48 - Jul 6 with 1074 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:46 - Jul 6 by BLUEBEAT

Poor lad.

I remember when my boy lost some of his Minecraft worlds a few years ago. He was inconsolable.

Cheers mr - it shouldn't matter, but it really does to them innit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:51 - Jul 6 with 1060 viewsKieran_Knows

Someone will put it better than me as I don't really play Fifa, but SBC cards are (I think) usually upgrade of the standard in game cards. I know they do hundreds throughout the course of the season, standard SBC I know are like Xmas versions, Halloween versions, I think Chinese New Year they bring out different style SBC cards also. There's plenty across the year they do.

Whats the point in doing them? Well they're upgrades on the standard cards and the cards look different.
How do you improve your squad? I think unless you plough your own money in to it to open packs quickly, then you just save your coins on the game and buy places off the transfer market? You don't HAVE to do SBC's, they're just an addition to the game.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:51 - Jul 6 with 1062 viewsBLUEBEAT

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:48 - Jul 6 by giant_stow

Cheers mr - it shouldn't matter, but it really does to them innit.

Yeah, you have to factor in how many hours they’ve spent building these things. It may be a ‘first world problem’ but that’s a lot of commitment flushed away. Hope you find a fix.

Poll: W or W

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:00 - Jul 6 with 1029 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:51 - Jul 6 by Kieran_Knows

Someone will put it better than me as I don't really play Fifa, but SBC cards are (I think) usually upgrade of the standard in game cards. I know they do hundreds throughout the course of the season, standard SBC I know are like Xmas versions, Halloween versions, I think Chinese New Year they bring out different style SBC cards also. There's plenty across the year they do.

Whats the point in doing them? Well they're upgrades on the standard cards and the cards look different.
How do you improve your squad? I think unless you plough your own money in to it to open packs quickly, then you just save your coins on the game and buy places off the transfer market? You don't HAVE to do SBC's, they're just an addition to the game.

Thanks loads mr -I think he has it mind that you do indeed *have* to do them - I'll tell him! As you might of guessed, I haven;t paid much attention, so haven;t a clue.

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:00 - Jul 6 with 1023 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 12:51 - Jul 6 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah, you have to factor in how many hours they’ve spent building these things. It may be a ‘first world problem’ but that’s a lot of commitment flushed away. Hope you find a fix.

Yes, its the time he's taken on it that's stinging. Gutter.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 13:01]

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:02 - Jul 6 with 1010 viewsSuperblue95

I think SBC are fairly pointless apart from whatever pack/coin reward you get for doing them. Or for getting rid of non tradeable cards you get in packs.

Best way of improving the squad is to save coins and buy your own players in the transfer market I find.

I don’t play all that much FUT so I could be contradicted on both points by someone who plays a lot.

Pretty sure I did something similar to your young lad about 3 years ago on my FUT, it is a bit of a kick in the teeth so must be awful for a kid. I think I deleted my ultimate team in a huff after that. Your young lad might be a bit more mature about it though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:05 - Jul 6 with 988 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:02 - Jul 6 by Superblue95

I think SBC are fairly pointless apart from whatever pack/coin reward you get for doing them. Or for getting rid of non tradeable cards you get in packs.

Best way of improving the squad is to save coins and buy your own players in the transfer market I find.

I don’t play all that much FUT so I could be contradicted on both points by someone who plays a lot.

Pretty sure I did something similar to your young lad about 3 years ago on my FUT, it is a bit of a kick in the teeth so must be awful for a kid. I think I deleted my ultimate team in a huff after that. Your young lad might be a bit more mature about it though

Cheers for the info mr - seems a bit mean of EA to include this disaster option, but I spose there's must be method in their madness.

In a way, I hope he does follow your lead and delete the sod, the amount of grief it's given him, but he's 7 and I'm quickly learning the truth to that theory of this time of live being like an early teenagerhood.

Login to get fewer ads

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:21 - Jul 6 with 948 viewsSuperblue95

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:05 - Jul 6 by giant_stow

Cheers for the info mr - seems a bit mean of EA to include this disaster option, but I spose there's must be method in their madness.

In a way, I hope he does follow your lead and delete the sod, the amount of grief it's given him, but he's 7 and I'm quickly learning the truth to that theory of this time of live being like an early teenagerhood.

To be fair, I think they do have a warning before submitting that any players put into the SBC will be lost forever but I’m sure it’s easily missed as lots probably tend to just shut those screens without reading the alerts.

Probably wouldn’t do him much harm to delete. I play a fair few games online and find FUT to be one of the worst online games. Better off to stick to offline or just playing online with his mates

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:23 - Jul 6 with 942 viewsPriskinftw

From when i used to play it i believe SBCs are unique challenges that once completed reward the user with great players one is unlikely to obtain without spending X amount on packs.

Some SBCs can ask for quite interesting combinations of players for example; Make a Bundesliga team with players that have played in the African cup of nations.

If your lad plays Fifa a lot then its possible that he has received random players in packs, several of which that might not improve his current main squad but would fit into the scenario above.

I believe EA introduced SBCs so that people would have a reason to use the lower rated players and not just flood the market with them.

Once the requirements for that squad have been met, then you effectively trade all of those players for the "reward" which as mentioned before could be a great player or a certain number of premium gold packs etc.

I can understand why he'd be upset as they're not explained very well in-game, i just hope this gives you some assistance.

On winged feet, only the light will feel the wind.
Blog: [Blog] Is It Really a Wickham Wonderland?

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 924 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:23 - Jul 6 by Priskinftw

From when i used to play it i believe SBCs are unique challenges that once completed reward the user with great players one is unlikely to obtain without spending X amount on packs.

Some SBCs can ask for quite interesting combinations of players for example; Make a Bundesliga team with players that have played in the African cup of nations.

If your lad plays Fifa a lot then its possible that he has received random players in packs, several of which that might not improve his current main squad but would fit into the scenario above.

I believe EA introduced SBCs so that people would have a reason to use the lower rated players and not just flood the market with them.

Once the requirements for that squad have been met, then you effectively trade all of those players for the "reward" which as mentioned before could be a great player or a certain number of premium gold packs etc.

I can understand why he'd be upset as they're not explained very well in-game, i just hope this gives you some assistance.

Thank you sir - I'm getitng this now. So basically only play SBC with players you're happy to lose in the hope of getting a reward that's worth it.

The tears have dried now.

Ta everyone. seriously.

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:30 - Jul 6 with 923 viewsParsley

I used to play the mobile version and you'd get players for completing events, challenges etc. but ultimately you only need so many for your team so a lot of them just sit there doing nothing unless you can be bothered to trade them. So I think the SBC can be a good way to swap out the players you aren't using. Trouble is you often have to trade out 11 players just to get one slightly better player and once it's done I don't think there's a way to reverse it.

If it's like the mobile version, it's a massive grind to get slightly improved players without paying money and then they'll bring out new one's so you have to keep playing to get the 'team of the week' Aubameyang instead of the regular one. It can be a bit addictive.
Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:36 - Jul 6 with 909 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:30 - Jul 6 by Parsley

I used to play the mobile version and you'd get players for completing events, challenges etc. but ultimately you only need so many for your team so a lot of them just sit there doing nothing unless you can be bothered to trade them. So I think the SBC can be a good way to swap out the players you aren't using. Trouble is you often have to trade out 11 players just to get one slightly better player and once it's done I don't think there's a way to reverse it.

If it's like the mobile version, it's a massive grind to get slightly improved players without paying money and then they'll bring out new one's so you have to keep playing to get the 'team of the week' Aubameyang instead of the regular one. It can be a bit addictive.

Yeah, I'm fighting hard for this not to become a way of paying EA regular money for paid packs, but the downside of that is the commitment needed to 'earn' his own players.

Ta all

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:45 - Jul 6 with 867 viewsLibero

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:36 - Jul 6 by giant_stow

Yeah, I'm fighting hard for this not to become a way of paying EA regular money for paid packs, but the downside of that is the commitment needed to 'earn' his own players.

Ta all

EA are one of the worst companies for this B*ll Sh*t.

I've been playing FIFA since I was a knipper but I've never really played FUT, always struck me as a bit cr@p, but I've got mates who waste a lotttttt of money on getting specific players/packs/etc.

Mental. I'll just carry on playing Seasons and Be a Pro, cheers.
Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 850 viewsgiant_stow

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 13:45 - Jul 6 by Libero

EA are one of the worst companies for this B*ll Sh*t.

I've been playing FIFA since I was a knipper but I've never really played FUT, always struck me as a bit cr@p, but I've got mates who waste a lotttttt of money on getting specific players/packs/etc.

Mental. I'll just carry on playing Seasons and Be a Pro, cheers.

Never understoud the spending money in-game until we got an xbox for lockdown - *now* i get it and hate it almost as much as gambling! So tempting to go for the quick fix - they must have teams of people thinking of how to make these games more addictive.

Any FIFA 20 experts out there? on 15:53 - Jul 6 with 734 viewsBehind_Enemy_Lines

You do SBC’s to get a special version of a player who is not available elsewhere or a special pack containing mystery items/players, it could be part of a four squad SBC or just the one squad to achieve the prize. Best way is to play the game itself by having 2 squads which you alternate every 2 games to keep their fitness up. SBC’s are aimed at people that have tons of players/coins as a way of clearing out their stockpiles just before they introduce a range of more exclusive cards that are so wanted that kids would ask for money to spend on packs. It’s a disease ridden form of the game that introduces youngsters to the world of gambling/slot machine mechanics which makes EA millions and millions in revenue just on this one game mode propped up by the YouTube schills doing EA’s Bidding and further cementing the idea of Fomo (fear of missing out) in the youngsters mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024