Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage 15:22 - Aug 18 with 658 viewsTieDyedIn95

Given the wage cap situation coming in and we cannot really bring players down from the top two divisions because of that I would say that is as good as anyone could manage now. Three decent players who should fit in with what we have. Some fans are disappointed, but they are probably failing to understand the new normal when it comes to the wages which means clubs like ourselves will have to recruit very carefully now.

Will it be enough to get us promoted? Probably not……… but we should not finish any lower with those additions assuming they can stay fit and that is the bigger concern with me with Ward and Hawkins having had injury problems recently. In terms of whether it is an improvement or not I would not say Ward was an upgrade on Garbutt, but Keane did so little here Hawkins shouldn’t be any worse. Cornell should be a fine second choice keeper and should be at least match Norris’s form here at worse… we'll see how they get on against Colchester anyway!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 15:33 - Aug 18 with 594 viewsHerbivore

We could sign Messi and it wouldn't be enough to get us promoted under this clown.

They are decent, solid signings. Nobody is going to be flying at half mast over them but I can't see any reason to complain about them either. They fill some important gaps in the squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 16:25 - Aug 18 with 490 viewsBlueBadger

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 15:33 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

We could sign Messi and it wouldn't be enough to get us promoted under this clown.

They are decent, solid signings. Nobody is going to be flying at half mast over them but I can't see any reason to complain about them either. They fill some important gaps in the squad.

As I said yesterday. They are the sort of solid 'journeyman' signings that people would moan about under Mick or even Royle, but they'd invariably prove people wrong and prove at worst, solid and reliable(the much derided 'proper blokes' - Skuse, Horlock, De Dos) or far above expectations(Waghorn, McGoldrick, Kuqi, Kelvin Davies).

This is because those two both knew how they wanted to play, had a reasonable idea of their best XIs and were very good at motivating and actually coaching their players to do exceed expectations of them. Lambert has shown no evidence of being able to do that since leaving Norwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 477 viewsCotty

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 16:25 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

As I said yesterday. They are the sort of solid 'journeyman' signings that people would moan about under Mick or even Royle, but they'd invariably prove people wrong and prove at worst, solid and reliable(the much derided 'proper blokes' - Skuse, Horlock, De Dos) or far above expectations(Waghorn, McGoldrick, Kuqi, Kelvin Davies).

This is because those two both knew how they wanted to play, had a reasonable idea of their best XIs and were very good at motivating and actually coaching their players to do exceed expectations of them. Lambert has shown no evidence of being able to do that since leaving Norwich.

Why do people keep saying there were low expectations for McGoldrick? He'd scored a hatful for Coventry before we signed him? Personally I was very excited about his arrival.
Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 468 viewsBlueBadger

Those 3 signings are as good a swoop as anyone in League One can manage on 16:28 - Aug 18 by Cotty

Why do people keep saying there were low expectations for McGoldrick? He'd scored a hatful for Coventry before we signed him? Personally I was very excited about his arrival.

Yeah, but they were only League One goals.

Plus, there's a couple of weirdos who still continue to insist that he was rubbish, even after doing so well in the face of all his injuries.

I could swap him out for Murphy if you like?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 16:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024