Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 09:45 - Aug 20 with 978 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Looking at possible 11's and on paper, I think we have quite a good blend of youngsters who will be prepared for first team football this season, as well as a few experienced heads but also more physicality in the squad. I was worried about our physicality a couple of weeks ago.

Holy/Cornell
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Ward
Downes - Huws
Lankester - El Mizouni/Judge/Bishop - Dobra/Edwards
Norwood/Hawkins

Holy for me, but I'm not sure who Lambert will fancy. I'm happy with the back 4 if they can stay fit. There's potentially a worry if either full back gets injured though. Dozzell, Skuse, Nolan and possibly Nydam in reserve in the midfield 2. Sears and Jackson wide options off the bench. I'd like to see El Mizouni and Dobra a lot this season - on potential they could thrive. Either forward up top, but it'll more likely be Hawkins from the start if Norwood is struggling .

Chambers, Ward, Downes, Huws and Hawkins/Norwood are physical players. On paper that looks like a team with more men who would do the physical side of the game. Blend that in with your El Mizouni's, Dobra's, Bishop's, Lankester's of the game and we *could* be a much more serious threat to the top 6 this season.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2020 9:46]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 09:50 - Aug 20 with 950 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'll add - I'm happy with the squad at the moment. Injuries have never been kind to us though and a couple in key areas could throw us off the road a little bit.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 09:54 - Aug 20 with 925 viewsHerbivore

You've picked about 16 players. Have you got Lankester in CM? Think I'd play him as a wide forward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 886 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I have to say I think the following players will transform our side this season;

KVY (hopefully replicate the impact he had before long term injury)
Lankester (as above!)
El Mizouni, looks technically good and supremely confident.

I think Dobra will be more of an impact player.

Also keeping Downes and Woolfenden will be a major boost!

I'm suffering from pre-season optimism..... it wont last.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:37 - Aug 20 with 849 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 09:54 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

You've picked about 16 players. Have you got Lankester in CM? Think I'd play him as a wide forward.

That's more the different options for those to start in those positions, ie, in the 10 role any one of El Mizouni, Judge or Bishop could well start.

Lankester off the right.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 844 viewsHerbivore

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:37 - Aug 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

That's more the different options for those to start in those positions, ie, in the 10 role any one of El Mizouni, Judge or Bishop could well start.

Lankester off the right.

Right. It's a bit confusing. Despite including about 16 players you seem to have not included Jackson at all even though he has been our most effective attacking player over the past year.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:47 - Aug 20 with 827 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have to say I think the following players will transform our side this season;

KVY (hopefully replicate the impact he had before long term injury)
Lankester (as above!)
El Mizouni, looks technically good and supremely confident.

I think Dobra will be more of an impact player.

Also keeping Downes and Woolfenden will be a major boost!

I'm suffering from pre-season optimism..... it wont last.

I think both full backs will be very key - Donacian and Kenlock don't bring the same quality for me.

El Mizouni is definitely a very good technical footballer. I'm hoping the Cambridge form transfers across into this season.

Dobra is very good for me - I rate him more than any player we have. He plays with no fear and he's very much first thought of driving forwards with the ball.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:51 - Aug 20 with 818 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:39 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Right. It's a bit confusing. Despite including about 16 players you seem to have not included Jackson at all even though he has been our most effective attacking player over the past year.

A very good season for Jackson, but he can't fit into a lone striker role and he isn't better than Lankester or Dobra on the wings.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:54 - Aug 20 with 810 viewsHerbivore

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:51 - Aug 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

A very good season for Jackson, but he can't fit into a lone striker role and he isn't better than Lankester or Dobra on the wings.

Dobra has played about 10 minutes of league football and Lankester has been injured for 18 months. It's a big shout to claim they will both be better wide forwards than our most effective attacking player who happens to do most of his best work in the wide chanels.

Login to get fewer ads

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 785 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 10:54 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Dobra has played about 10 minutes of league football and Lankester has been injured for 18 months. It's a big shout to claim they will both be better wide forwards than our most effective attacking player who happens to do most of his best work in the wide chanels.

I guess it's preference. I don't rate Jackson one bit technically - infuriating to watch at times, not a cultured/natural technique about him. Lankester and Dobra are very cultured and gifted footballers, it's clear on the eye for me.

That's just my opinion. Runners don't make good footballers and Jackson's best work comes off the ball.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:19 - Aug 20 with 768 viewsHerbivore

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:10 - Aug 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I guess it's preference. I don't rate Jackson one bit technically - infuriating to watch at times, not a cultured/natural technique about him. Lankester and Dobra are very cultured and gifted footballers, it's clear on the eye for me.

That's just my opinion. Runners don't make good footballers and Jackson's best work comes off the ball.

And yet despite not being able to play football he scored 11 and set up 7 last season. He'd have had even more assists to his name if Norwood could finish. Not bad for someone who is a runner rather than a footballer. It's not like sides need pace or players who can score and create I guess, those qualities are overrated.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:30 - Aug 20 with 753 viewsWestcountryblue

I think we have enough to quality to go up, but i'd like to see a little more depth upfront and out wide.

To fund this, i think we'd do well to let a couple of a CM's move on, perhaps Nolan and younger player out on loan. I think El Mizouni and McGavin are progressing nicely through the pecking order and really starting to ask questions of the likes of Nolan and Dozzell (which in his case is a good thing).

I have a few worries about our forwards. There are question marks over Sears, who looked have lost a yard of pace last season, Jackson can't play the lone role, Norwood seems to be picking up persistent niggles and is Hawkins really the man to fire us into the top 2 ? Personally, i'd get rid of one and a couple of CM's then fund Clarke Harris and perhaps a player like Woodburn on loan.

Bishop, Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni will take our creativity and forward thinking to a new level this season, however consistency from them might be an issue.
4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:51 - Aug 20 with 729 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 11:30 - Aug 20 by Westcountryblue

I think we have enough to quality to go up, but i'd like to see a little more depth upfront and out wide.

To fund this, i think we'd do well to let a couple of a CM's move on, perhaps Nolan and younger player out on loan. I think El Mizouni and McGavin are progressing nicely through the pecking order and really starting to ask questions of the likes of Nolan and Dozzell (which in his case is a good thing).

I have a few worries about our forwards. There are question marks over Sears, who looked have lost a yard of pace last season, Jackson can't play the lone role, Norwood seems to be picking up persistent niggles and is Hawkins really the man to fire us into the top 2 ? Personally, i'd get rid of one and a couple of CM's then fund Clarke Harris and perhaps a player like Woodburn on loan.

Bishop, Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni will take our creativity and forward thinking to a new level this season, however consistency from them might be an issue.

I think Norwood, Hawkins, Jackson and Sears are reasonable as a set of options up top, but I would like us to sign someone who's got a bit more attributes and goals to their game, for example, Tyler Walker. I'd be open to seeing Jackson leave if that funded Walker.

I like what I hear of McGavin. He's a good physique too for his age. A loan would definitely be a good move for him with to get football under his belt.

I would be against Woodburn - I'd rather pave the way for the 4 players you've mentioned and see what they can do over a full season.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 12:30 - Aug 20 with 688 viewsjayessess

I think there's enough quality in our (rather over-sized) squad to put together a very good League One side. But that was also the case last year.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 on 12:51 - Aug 20 with 665 viewsPendejo

Is that a song Manfred Mann rejected?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024