Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for parents 15:30 - Sep 4 with 519 viewsgiant_stow

Now that your kid(s) has(have) gone back to school or is about to next week, how have you found the long lay off?

Personally, we're on our knees. Dysfunction reigns, every day a different shade of arguments and getting the boy to do anything bar indoor footy or fifa on the xbox, near impossible.

I wish you've all had a succesful school-less time, but am I on my own?

[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 15:31]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A question for parents on 15:40 - Sep 4 with 470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ours have turned into gaming addicts. We try to interrupt their screen time and get them to do other stuff (and this worked fine while the school were setting work), but as soon as we go back to our desks they're back on the screens again. Younger daughter can do other stuff occasionally, so she's not too bad, but elder son is a bloody nightmare and fully camped on PC/PS4.

I feel your pain. On the up side, my lad has been back swim training since 1st August, so at least he's getting 4-5 workouts a week. We've been a bit relaxed about the games as at least he's committed to his swimming/circuits.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A question for parents on 15:49 - Sep 4 with 451 viewsgiant_stow

A question for parents on 15:40 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

Ours have turned into gaming addicts. We try to interrupt their screen time and get them to do other stuff (and this worked fine while the school were setting work), but as soon as we go back to our desks they're back on the screens again. Younger daughter can do other stuff occasionally, so she's not too bad, but elder son is a bloody nightmare and fully camped on PC/PS4.

I feel your pain. On the up side, my lad has been back swim training since 1st August, so at least he's getting 4-5 workouts a week. We've been a bit relaxed about the games as at least he's committed to his swimming/circuits.

Ah I don't wish you or yours ill, but it reasurring to hear that we're not the only ones with a gaming problem. We've debated left, right and centre about whether to bust the addiction or not, but tbh, it's helped him pass the time and reduce some boredom, so we're waiting for school to start again before doing that.

Congrats on your lad being whole-hearted about his swimming - wholesome stuff.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A question for parents on 15:51 - Sep 4 with 454 viewsfarkenhell

Sorry to hear that Ulla. Speaking to various parents at the school gates this week, I haven't found anyone who hasn't found it very tough - us included. Take comfort from the fact that you're clearly not alone and at least we've all arrived on the other side.

Getting our youngest into school willingly - now that's another conundrum entirely. Openly complained that he was bored throughout home school and the summer holidays, but had a complete meltdown before setting off for school on each of the past 3 days!
A question for parents on 15:55 - Sep 4 with 439 viewsgiant_stow

A question for parents on 15:51 - Sep 4 by farkenhell

Sorry to hear that Ulla. Speaking to various parents at the school gates this week, I haven't found anyone who hasn't found it very tough - us included. Take comfort from the fact that you're clearly not alone and at least we've all arrived on the other side.

Getting our youngest into school willingly - now that's another conundrum entirely. Openly complained that he was bored throughout home school and the summer holidays, but had a complete meltdown before setting off for school on each of the past 3 days!

Cheers sir - reasurring.

Re the 2nd para, isn;t that just typical hey?! Fingers crossed that he remembers its fun not to be at home all the time.

A question for parents on 16:01 - Sep 4 with 418 viewshomer_123

A genuine mixed bag.

Home schooling actually went OK but had run its course and towards the end it got very difficult to get them involved.

We've had some great family time but we've had some days that have been a real, real struggle similar to your own.

We've 'tried to make the most and best of it' and I hope they remember the good times.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A question for parents on 16:05 - Sep 4 with 407 viewsgiant_stow

A question for parents on 16:01 - Sep 4 by homer_123

A genuine mixed bag.

Home schooling actually went OK but had run its course and towards the end it got very difficult to get them involved.

We've had some great family time but we've had some days that have been a real, real struggle similar to your own.

We've 'tried to make the most and best of it' and I hope they remember the good times.

I'm glad to hear its not all been bad for you and yours Homer, particularly on the family time (it was a great opportunity on that front). Think we had some of that at the beginning with some lovely cyclign trips, but it sort of disappeared after a while!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024