Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read 21:24 - Nov 27 with 508 viewsNthsuffolkblue

if you appreciated what Badger has written.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/opinion/open-letter-from-an-icu-nurse-i-need-to-be-

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:31 - Nov 27 with 500 viewsBlueBadger

Several thousand times THAT. Actual tears in the eyes reading that. As most of you know, I had a three month 'slight return' to ITU this year and it nearly broke me. My magnificent friends and colleagues are still going, somehow.

One of my consultants once put a rather arrogant trainee in his place with the following words:'
'these people know their patients inside out. They can quote you observations, bloods, family history, height, weight and know exactly how many mms of urine per kilo of their body weight they're passing every hour off the tops of their heads. On top of that, they're juggling multiple toxic chemicals that are sustaining their patient's life.If some of these drug infusions they're running runs out and they don't replace them in timely fashion their patient *will* die. They can quite often get someone oxygenating properly just by sitting them up properly in the time it takes you to get your intubation trolley ready. So, if one of them asks you to prescribe something, you stop being billy big boll0cks and prescribe the f*cking thing'.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 21:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:56 - Nov 27 with 450 viewsDebsyAngel

Such a heartbreaking read. I would love to send this to a few of my friends on Facebook who incredibly still think this whole thing is a hoax, despite knowing that a mutual friend of ours has lost his previously fit and healthy mother to the virus. I have so much respect for that nurse and every single other one of them and the NHS staff.
Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:58 - Nov 27 with 440 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:56 - Nov 27 by DebsyAngel

Such a heartbreaking read. I would love to send this to a few of my friends on Facebook who incredibly still think this whole thing is a hoax, despite knowing that a mutual friend of ours has lost his previously fit and healthy mother to the virus. I have so much respect for that nurse and every single other one of them and the NHS staff.

I wouldn't bother with me, I'm a terrible t0sser.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:01 - Nov 27 with 444 viewsfactual_blue

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:58 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

I wouldn't bother with me, I'm a terrible t0sser.

I'd have thought you would have perfected that skill by now.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:10 - Nov 27 with 426 viewsfactual_blue

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 21:31 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

Several thousand times THAT. Actual tears in the eyes reading that. As most of you know, I had a three month 'slight return' to ITU this year and it nearly broke me. My magnificent friends and colleagues are still going, somehow.

One of my consultants once put a rather arrogant trainee in his place with the following words:'
'these people know their patients inside out. They can quote you observations, bloods, family history, height, weight and know exactly how many mms of urine per kilo of their body weight they're passing every hour off the tops of their heads. On top of that, they're juggling multiple toxic chemicals that are sustaining their patient's life.If some of these drug infusions they're running runs out and they don't replace them in timely fashion their patient *will* die. They can quite often get someone oxygenating properly just by sitting them up properly in the time it takes you to get your intubation trolley ready. So, if one of them asks you to prescribe something, you stop being billy big boll0cks and prescribe the f*cking thing'.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 21:50]

Whilst not seeking to disparage the Nursing Times, had you written that open letter, would the NT have published your picture?

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:12 - Nov 27 with 420 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:10 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

Whilst not seeking to disparage the Nursing Times, had you written that open letter, would the NT have published your picture?

if I'd have insisted on it being taken in my 2000/01 season shirt and nothing else, sure.

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:13 - Nov 27 with 416 viewsfactual_blue

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:12 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

if I'd have insisted on it being taken in my 2000/01 season shirt and nothing else, sure.

You're a fan of what I heard described last week as 'Winnie The Poohing'?

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:15 - Nov 27 with 410 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:13 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

You're a fan of what I heard described last week as 'Winnie The Poohing'?

Is that a posh term for crapping in the woods?

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:19 - Nov 27 with 403 viewsfactual_blue

Coronavirus on the front line story, worth a read on 22:15 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

Is that a posh term for crapping in the woods?

Wearing just a shirt...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024